Post by RMRM »

Paulie wrote:
RMRM wrote:And Knights of Valour 2 is "preparing" to join the collection :awe:
Nine Dragons, wrapped and ready to dispatch :awe:
Thank you so much, you made my day!
trev1976

Re: The IGS PGM thread

Post by trev1976 »

theMot wrote:It's not a bad thing the PGM.

Darksoft if you are reading, make a multi for this pls and include the Cave shooters.
Now that would be awesome
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
jase

Post by jase »

I spent ages trying to track down the cart version of Spectral vs Generation, and then somehow ended up with two carts. :palm:

On the 'Warning' screen, the info at the bottom of the screen is slightly different. On one cart it says V201 at the bottom right, and V202 on the other. Does anyone know what the differences are? Are there different revisions?

P1110147 by harrisonj38, on Flickr

P1110143 by harrisonj38, on Flickr
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

I know that there are at least 3 (if my memory serves me well) revision of Dodonpachi Bee Storm, but AFAIK only one of them contains significant differences, can't remember what...

Most of PGM games have more than one rev but i don't think the differences are all documented, hope someone can shed some light on this.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

interesting stuff never even thought that there was any rev on these :lolno: :palm: jase have you noticed anything different between the 2 at all ?

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
jase

Post by jase »

geotrig wrote:jase have you noticed anything different between the 2 at all ?
I'll have to play each title a bit more extensively and see if I can spot any. :)

Another title which took a long time to track down was Puzzli 2, released in 1999. Super Puzzli 2, released in 2001 seems a lot more common.

I bought the Taiwan version from Ebay. The auction stated Puzzli 2, but I hadn't seen a cart with this label before and the seller's screen shots didn't confirm it was actually Puzzli 2.

P1110141 by harrisonj38, on Flickr

Well I went ahead with it turns and it turns out it is actually Puzzli 2! For anyone on the lookout for this title the seller (Auperne) currently has another one up for sale. :)
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Cool, I'm really pleased it turned out to be Puzzli 2 Jase. I highly recommend buying one from (Auperne) ASAP if it's a cart you want to add to your collection.

It was the last cart I needed to complete my collection, took about a year of searching hard to find one and even then I didn't actively find my copy. Merlin pm'd me to see if I wanted to buy his cart as he was splitting up his collection. I've only ever seen one other for sale (other than the one I have, the ones that Auperne has for sale, and the one I was duped on, don't ask it probably didn't even exist) it was on a BIN auction on ebay from a US seller. I didn't realise at the time that it was such a hard to find cart, so spend my dough on something else :palm:

Revisions is interesting stuff jase.

My SVG cart is a different revision to both of yours, being China M68K Version 200 09/15/05 15:06:10 V200. Obviously this is an earlier revision than both of yours but sadly I've absolutely no idea what's different with each of the revisions. From what I've read http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... rev=search" they are basically bug fixes, but I want to know more, I like details :ugeek: If anyone shed any light on this subject then I'm all ears

I Know the PCB revision is 10/11/05 V100, but why revise this title on at least 4 occasions :think:

I can make a list of my cart revisions and combine it with what's on the French pgm data base if this interest anyone else.
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

Thank you Paulie, you're building some interest for the system.
Please, Darksoft, do a multi cart for this one. Just after the MVS one.
jase

Post by jase »

Hi Paul, i'm very curious about the differences between the revisions as well. I've just sent an email to Igs Pgm to see if they can shed any light on it or point me in the right direction, I'll let you know if I get a reply. :ugeek:
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Cool. I've added a revisions table to my first post with all my carts will update with all the other info I have over the next few days.

IGS seem to have been good in the past so fingers crossed that you get a reply Jase :awe:
cthulhu wrote:
Shou wrote:
Would love to see that mail. Like the modded Killing Blade, pretty sure these are boots.
In 2012 I mailed IGS and I received an email sating that KB+ is an official release
I don't know if I still have the original email but this is what I wrote along with the reply by IGS:

Dear Sir, Madam,

Sorry to bother you, but I have a small question concerning an older game that I obtained recently. I was wondering if The Killing Blade Plus is an official game released by IGS or if it's a bootleg or hack, I can't find any information about this version of The Killing Blade anywhere.

I hope you can answer my question and I hope to hear from you soon.

With kind regards,

Matthijs

Hi Sir

Thanks for the enquiry, regard to your question, the reply is as below:

Yes, it our officially released products.

Best Regards

IGS

Kelvin Peng
vasilas432
eBay: katzurak

Post by vasilas432 »

PGM is a wonderful system with no slowdown, better graphics with more moving sprites and more colors on screen in comparison with SNK's MVS. Also 4 players co-op!
I have these games and I am very happy with them:
Demon Front
Martial Masters
Gladiator road of the sword
KOV Superheroes
KOV 2 Nine Dradons
Dragon World 3
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Paulie wrote:
monouchi wrote: One thing I wonder about is: the mobo with the white "PGM" sticker on top, is that a newer version of the mobo that has the "PGM" written in the red plastic cover, (Or vice versa?) ?
Yes I wondered this too and also what if any were the other differences, mine has "IGS PGM" moulded into the red plastic cover.
My mobo has what I presume is a manufacturing date sticker on the underside 000522 01-05-25

Top of the mobo with plastic cover removed
Note: Varta battery removed

Underside of the mobo

Battery acid damage
I removed the Varta battery even though the one that was fitted was in perfect condition when the mobo arrived, I did this as I could see that the previous battery had leaked and I wanted to neutralise the acid with baking soda to prevent further corrosion. This may well have been done by the previous owner but I wanted to do it for my own peace of mind. I could have probably made this area more aesthetically pleasing but I was worried about damaging the traces. Either way it's not worsened since being in my ownership and works flawlessly so I mustn't complain.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

jase wrote:Hi Paul, i'm very curious about the differences between the revisions as well.
Just come across this Jase http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2013/12/0 ... n-strange/"
vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

Mine has the same corrosion as yours, despite the new battery it had on. Removed it!
jase

Post by jase »

Paulie wrote:
Just come across this Jase http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2013/12/0 ... n-strange/"
Wow awesome find Paul, some interesting reading. :awe:

So changes made to Spectral Vs Generation from revision V100 to V201:

-No AMI logo on the title screen
-Vocal track used every second round appears to have been removed.
-The alt versions of two of the characters are unlocked by default.

Also I never knew Idea Factory was formed from former Data East employees, very cool! :awe:
vasilas432

Post by vasilas432 »

jase wrote:
Paulie wrote:
Wow awesome find Paul, some interesting reading. :awe:

So changes made to Spectral Vs Generation from revision V100 to V201:

-No AMI logo on the title screen
-Vocal track used every second round appears to have been removed.
-The alt versions of two of the characters are unlocked by default.

Also I never knew Idea Factory was formed from former Data East employees, very cool! :awe:
I was wondering how they made so great games!!!! Cool!
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Paulie wrote:I've added a revisions table to my first post with all my carts will update with all the other info I have over the next few days.
Pretty much done this now (1st post) I'll add more stuff whenever I find more info. If you have anything you can contribute PLMK :)

Release Information [table]
[tr][td]Title[/td][tr][td]Region[/td][td]Revision[/td][td]Cart/PCB[/td][td]Information[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1. Blazing 3-in-1[/td][td]China[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong[/td][td]M102XX, S101XX[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]China[/td][td]V105[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]China[/td][td]M105XX S105XX S100CH[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]M102XX, S101XX, S100HK[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]M101XX, S101XX, S100JP[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]M102XX, S101XX, S100JP[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2. Demon Front[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]M105XX S105XX S100KR[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3. Do DonPachi II Bee Storm[/td][td]China[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3. Do DonPachi II Bee Storm[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3. Do DonPachi II Bee Storm[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3. Do DonPachi II Bee Storm[/td][td]korea[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4. Dragon World II[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V110X[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4. Dragon World II[/td][td]China[/td][td]V100C[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4. Dragon World II[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4. Dragon World II[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5. Dragon World 3[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td]English Text in this revision[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5. Dragon World 3[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong[/td][td]V106[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5. Dragon World 3[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V106[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6. Dragon World 3 EX[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7. Dragon World 3 Special[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8. Dragon World 2001[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8. Dragon World 2001[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9. Dragon World Pretty Chance[/td][td]China[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9. Dragon World Pretty Chance[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10. Happy 6-in-1[/td][td]China[/td][td]V101[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11. Killing Blade[/td][td]China[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11. Killing Blade[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V107[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12. Killing Blade Plus[/td][td]China[/td][td]V300[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V115[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V117[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V119[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13. Knights of Valor[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V119[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]14. Knights of Valor Plus[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V119[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15. Knights of Valor 2[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15. Knights of Valor 2[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15. Knights of Valor 2[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V103[/td][td]Cart[/td][[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15. Knights of Valor 2[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16. Knights of Valor 2: Nine Dragons[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]M200XX[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16. Knights of Valor 2: Nine Dragons[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]M204XX[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16. Knights of Valor 2: Nine Dragons[/td][td]China[/td][td]V001-001 M205XX[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16. Knights of Valor 2: Nine Dragons[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]M202XX[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17. Knights of Valor Super Heroes[/td][td]China[/td][td]V104[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18. Knights of Valor Super Heroes Plus[/td][td]China[/td][td]V101[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]China[/td][td]V104, V102, V101[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]China[/td][td]V104 102102[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]rev. 102101101 © 2000[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td]Lotus True Master is much stronger here than in the Japan version 100 100 100[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]rev. 100100100 © 2000[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V102, V101, V101[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V102, V101, V101[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]US[/td][td]V104 V101 102[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19. Martial Masters[/td][td]US[/td][td]V104 V102 102[/td][td]Cart & PCB[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V112X[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V126X[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]China[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]V111[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V105[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V0001-001 V0000 - V105K[/td][td]Cart[/td][[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. Oriental Legend[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V111K[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]21. Oriental Legend Super[/td][td]China[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]21. Oriental Legend Super[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]?[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]22. Oriental Legend Super Plus[/td][td]China[/td][td]V205[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23. Puzzle Star[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V100MG[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23. Puzzle Star[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23. Puzzle Star[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V100MG[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]23. Puzzle Star[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V100MG[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24. Puzzli 2[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td]English Text in this revision[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24. Puzzli 2[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24. Puzzli 2[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24. Puzzli 2[/td][td]Korea[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]24. Puzzli 2[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V0001[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]25. Puzzli 2 Super[/td][td]China[/td][td]V200[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]26. Real and Fake[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V102[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]26. Real and Fake[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V103[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]26. Real and Fake[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V104[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]27. Real and Fake 2[/td][td]China[/td][td]M101XX[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]27. Real and Fake 2[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][[td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]27. Real and Fake 2[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea and USA[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]China[/td][td]V200[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]China[/td][td]M68K version 200 09/15/05 15:06:10 V200[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]China[/td][td]M68K version 200 10/11/05 V201[/td][td]Cart[/td][td]From revision V100 to V201:
No AMI logo on the title screen,
Vocal track used every second round appears to have been removed,
The alt versions of two of the characters are unlocked by default
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]China[/td][td]M68K version 200 12/26/05 V202[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]28. Spectral Vs Generation[/td][td]Japan[/td][td]M68K version V100 05/12/05[/td][td]PCB release[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea and Spanish territory[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td]English Text in this revision[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]All countries excepting China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]China[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]China[/td][td]V101, V107[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]China[/td][td]V107[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]Hong Kong[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]Oversea[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V100[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]29. The Gladiator[/td][td]Taiwan[/td][td]V101[/td][td]Cart[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
MrHalibut
eBay: Mr_Meh

Post by MrHalibut »

In MAME there are 18(!) versions of Bee Storm.
That's all combinations of 3 versions (ver.100, 101, 102) and 6 regions (China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, World).
jlz
Please Continue...

Post by jlz »

I find myself putting a lot of time into the pgm. Great games. I've got:

Knights of Valour Superheroes
Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons
Oriental Legend
The Gladiator
Demon Front
Martial Masters
Dodonpachi 2

I've got a couple of questions:

I've never been able to unlock all the characters in kov2 9d, none of the codes seem to work. I'm not sure which Chinese language version I have.

My Bee Storm cart has some graphical glitches, especially on the first and at the start of the second stage. Anyone else ever have this?
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

jlz wrote: I've never been able to unlock all the characters in kov2 9d, none of the codes seem to work. I'm not sure which Chinese language version I have.

My Bee Storm cart has some graphical glitches, especially on the first and at the start of the second stage. Anyone else ever have this?

I'm waiting for my kov2 9d to arrive, so i never tried the codes.
My Bee Storm works great, never experienced any kind of glitches. You sure all the contacts are perfectly clean? Some MVS games tend to glitch some areas if there is dust on the contacts.