How many candies are in the Uk?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Scaffa
Please Continue...
eBay: casimpson1985
Initials: CAS

Re: How many candies are in the Uk?

Post by Scaffa »

Someone explained to me before that the Trocedero Versus Cities were only ever there for an Alpha 3 tournament, and were actually brought in via America.

The person who brought them just never shipped them back.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

I've heard that too but judging by how much cabs cost back then it sounds a bit far fetched.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Hmm imagine bribing a cab in and not sending it back :think: wonder where we heard somthing like that before :lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Sobriquet
Please Continue...
eBay: kaff_white

Post by Sobriquet »

o1s1n wrote:I know of 5 AWSDs, 1 Egret II, 1 Egret III, 1 SNK Candy, 1 Jaleco Pony M3, 1 Capcom Cute, 1 Blast and 3 Astros in Ireland if that's any use to your figures... :D

I'd say the numbers here are far far lower than in the UK. Only place we can really get them now is Ronnie.
I have a Blast to add to that total...
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

I think this is a great topic, obviously we can only make educated guesses but I reckon there's more than you would at first think but then again wtf do I know :oops:

Would be really interesting to maintain a list of what cabs AO members own.

Just thinking aloud as there's probably gonna be no interest in it but it could be discreet and members could pm whoever maintains the list with I have x cabs and purely keep it a list of cabs and how many are in members possession.
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Paulie wrote:I think this is a great topic, obviously we can only make educated guesses but I reckon there's more than you would at first think but then again wtf do I know :oops:

Would be really interesting to maintain a list of what cabs AO members own.

Just thinking aloud as there's probably gonna be no interest in it but it could be discreet and members could pm whoever maintains the list with I have x cabs and purely keep it a list of cabs and how many are in members possession.
I suggested this as an idea in the mod area a while back and got laughed at. :D
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

:(

Would it offend any mods if I were to try and get a thread going?

I really think it would be an interesting and useful thing to do, of course it could only ever paint part of the picture but still. Obviously if has no interest etc then it would just fall on its ****.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I didn't laugh DS :)

Like Paulie, I reckon there's more than we'd assume. My guess is completely uneducated but even 500 seems conservative. it's easy to get to 100 with just 4 or 5 locations.

Also, what do you include? Counting Naomi's would probably double the total figure.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Most likely the initial filling of such a list would go great; the keeping it up-to-date part not so much :)
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Go ahead and attempt it Paulie, I'd be interested to see where it goes. Maybe build a spreadsheet into the wiki or something.

We could keep track of the cab (by serial if they have them), when it entered the UK (if known), who has owned it, what changes were made during ownership, who has it currently etc.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

Challenge accepted 8-)
arcnl wrote:Most likely the initial filling of such a list would go great; the keeping it up-to-date part not so much :)
I reckon that, coupled with getting folks involved will be the main challenges, but we will see where it goes.

EDIT: I've now started this, so please get involved folks :) http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28488"
Last edited by Paulie on August 24th, 2014, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Is it possibe to like add a field in user profiles, maybe a selection of drop downs, then this can be collated in some sort of summary on the board?