Post your arcade games inventory

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Post your arcade games inventory

Post by Rossyra »

Football Champ and Clutch Hitter are great too. Nice collection you have there dude, welcome to the forum.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

crunchywasp wrote:Not played it for years but I used to love DD3 :awe:
You have good taste :D
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

Update to my stuff...

Cabs:
- Original Robotron Cabaret
- Original Donkey Kong Junior
- New Astro City x 2

PCBs:
- Gyruss
- Raiden DX
- Donpachi
- Progear No Arashi (blue, phoenixed)
- Super Street Fighter II: X Grand Master (Green, original)
- Super Puzzle Fighter II: X (Green, original)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike
- Vampire Savior (blue, original)
- Puzzle Bobble 2 MVS
- Strikers 1945 Plus MVS
- Blazing Star MVS
- Metal Slug X MVS
- Free Kick
theevilfunkster
Keeps Lordstar on a leash

Post by theevilfunkster »

Been a few years since I last posted in this...

Cabs
Atomiswave SD
Naomi Universal

MVS
One slot MV-1FZ
Burning Fight
Art of Fighting
Last Blade
King of Fighters 98
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Puzzle Bobble (boot)
Neo Turfmasters
Samurai Shodown II

CPS2
Progear (Phoenixed, green board)
Street Fighter Zero 2 (original, grey board)

Naomi
Naomi motherboard (EXP Bios)
Guilty Gear X
Project Justice
Capcom Vs SNK
Dead Or Alive 2 Millennium
Giant Gram 2000
Gunspike
Giga Wing 2
Virtua Tennis

Taito F3
Puchi Carat
Pop n Pop
CharlieF
Please Continue...
Initials: DAV

Post by CharlieF »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Filtered my pcb's down considerably after getting my ninja Mame set-up (using CRT_Emudrivers + groovymame) in the NAC. It's still all Jamma so if I have a change of heart I can go back to pcb's. I can't see that happening, though. I'm not into collecting anymore, just playing.
Sorry about the thread de-railing, but I'd be interested hearing what you think about playing using MAME after using PCB's. Purists will obviously hate it, but is it close enough? Seriously considering it myself as I'd label myself a player over collector too.

Back on topic...

Phear my awesome collection.

Pacland
Rastan Saga (still have to look at getting this working, been too busy)

Plus a few multicarts which I'm not proud of but fill a gap (badly)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

CharlieF wrote:Sorry about the thread de-railing, but I'd be interested hearing what you think about playing using MAME after using PCB's. Purists will obviously hate it, but is it close enough? Seriously considering it myself as I'd label myself a player over collector too.
Depends on what you want to play...
CharlieF
Please Continue...

Post by CharlieF »

cools wrote:
CharlieF wrote:Sorry about the thread de-railing, but I'd be interested hearing what you think about playing using MAME after using PCB's. Purists will obviously hate it, but is it close enough? Seriously considering it myself as I'd label myself a player over collector too.
Depends on what you want to play...
Mid-80's is my arcade era of choice, so think TNZS, Bubble Bobble, 1942, Commando etc.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Should be okay. I'm (probably quite obviously) quite sensitive to the emulation of TNZS, I've never seen it running perfectly as it requires an odd video mode and has extremely tight inputs on PCB. If you're not comparing the two you'd unlikely notice though.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

cools wrote: If you're not comparing the two you'd unlikely notice though.
Sums up the MAME experience very well.

Cheers,

Ralph.
TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

alienmame wrote:Sums up the MAME experience very well.
Indeed. Never stooped to analyze anything, really, though the feeling of something off is always there.
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

CharlieF wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:Filtered my pcb's down considerably after getting my ninja Mame set-up (using CRT_Emudrivers + groovymame) in the NAC. It's still all Jamma so if I have a change of heart I can go back to pcb's. I can't see that happening, though. I'm not into collecting anymore, just playing.
Sorry about the thread de-railing, but I'd be interested hearing what you think about playing using MAME after using PCB's. Purists will obviously hate it, but is it close enough? Seriously considering it myself as I'd label myself a player over collector too.

Back on topic...

Pacland

Heya. If set up right with a decent pc+jpac+15ktz supported gfx card+groovy Mame with CRT_Emudrivers and the Mame.ini screen settings configured correctly to turn off stretching and horrible filtering (I cannot stress the importance of getting the Mame.ini screen setting set up right! It's a deal breaker otherwise ;) there's no difference. I've play Mame on a pc and a chipped Xbox and ill admit its defiantly not the same, on the Xbox especially. Blurry gfx and laggy controls ruin it for me. But on the Astro cab set up how I have it now its flawless. Pixel for pixel exact as the pcb, no screen tearing and no noticeable lag. The lag is a huge killer for me on 'multi game' pcb's and PS2 collections, it drives me nuts!

I can 1-life Daimakaimura on my Mame setup the same as I can do it on the pcb, same for R-Type, Shinobi and Strider. It's the exact experience to me gameplay wise, thats why I sold everything. If anyone can tell what I'm missing and how its so different to the real thing I'd like to know. I swear it psychological ;)

Playing on an LCD/LED screen on the other hand :/
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Chaining in Psikyo shooters - I can do it no problem on the pcb but tow like f00k in MAME. That's with a side by side comparison.

I use a 31kHz CRT, PS/2 I-Pac4, MAMEUIFX64.145 on XP64 and a Intel C2D E8500 so it runs like the proverbial off a shovel.

There *IS* a palpable difference in side by side testing. I just don't think it's important, nor does it ruin my enjoyment!

Cheers,

Ralph.
CharlieF
Please Continue...

Post by CharlieF »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:
CharlieF wrote:

Back on topic...

Pacland

Heya. If set up right with a decent pc+jpac+15ktz supported gfx card+groovy Mame with CRT_Emudrivers and the Mame.ini screen settings configured correctly to turn off stretching and horrible filtering (I cannot stress the importance of getting the Mame.ini screen setting set up right! It's a deal breaker otherwise ;) there's no difference. I've play Mame on a pc and a chipped Xbox and ill admit its defiantly not the same, on the Xbox especially. Blurry gfx and laggy controls ruin it for me. But on the Astro cab set up how I have it now its flawless. Pixel for pixel exact as the pcb, no screen tearing and no noticeable lag. The lag is a huge killer for me on 'multi game' pcb's and PS2 collections, it drives me nuts!

I can 1-life Daimakaimura on my Mame setup the same as I can do it on the pcb, same for R-Type, Shinobi and Strider. It's the exact experience to me gameplay wise, thats why I sold everything. If anyone can tell what I'm missing and how its so different to the real thing I'd like to know. I swear it psychological ;)

Playing on an LCD/LED screen on the other hand :/
Cheers for the info Mr Ex. I might tap you for settings if I decide to turn to the Dark Side. What vid card did you use? I've been looking at the ArcadeVGA as I just assumed it would be easier.
TadCool
'Slayer'

Post by TadCool »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Lots of good info.
I may be doing it wrong...

Please, share with us your config/setup, sir. Would love to give it a go with an all new hardware and everything. :)
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

TadCool wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:Lots of good info.
I may be doing it wrong...

Please, share with us your config/setup, sir. Would love to give it a go with an all new hardware and everything. :)
For my setup I'm using
- Pc with a 2.4ghz core2duo and xp (80quid off eBay)
- ATI HD4350 (25quid off eBay)
- installed CRT_Emudrivers+GroovyMame http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/ eliminates screen tearing!
- J-PAC (so I can go back to Jamma at will)
- 7quid amp so I can use the Astro speakers.

And with these settings in the Mame.ini. This is VERY important. Use these settings to get the exact native resolution and sexy scanlines the same as the pcb with no horrible filtering or hardware stretching.

# VIDEO OPTIONS
#
video ddraw
numscreens 1
window 0
maximize 1
keepaspect 1
prescale 1
effect none
pause_brightness 0.65
waitvsync 0
syncrefresh 0
#
# DIRECTDRAW-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
#
hwstretch 0
#
# FULL SCREEN OPTIONS
#
triplebuffer 0
switchres 1
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TadCool
'Slayer'

Post by TadCool »

Thanks a bunch, Ex_Mosquito. Much appreciated help. :awe:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:- 7quid amp so I can use the Astro speakers.
*noob alert* Can you point me any reference on how to do this? :shifty:
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

TadCool wrote:Thanks a bunch, Ex_Mosquito. Much appreciated help. :awe:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:- 7quid amp so I can use the Astro speakers.
*noob alert* Can you point me any reference on how to do this? :shifty:
Heya. It was real easy. I originally used a set of pc speakers but this solution is a lot more practical. I wired the Astro speakers from the J-PAC so there was no need to chop anything up. The cab is still 100% untouched and still plays Jamma PCBs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHIN ... 1045326221

And I wired it with help from the Jamma+ forum. All you need is 12v to power the unit which you can draw from the Jamma PSU in the cab.

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... o-mame-cab
TadCool
'Slayer'

Post by TadCool »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Heya. It was real easy. I originally used a set of pc speakers but this solution is a lot more practical. I wired the Astro speakers from the J-PAC so there was no need to chop anything up. The cab is still 100% untouched and still plays Jamma PCBs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHIN ... 1045326221

And I wired it with help from the Jamma+ forum. All you need is 12v to power the unit which you can draw from the Jamma PSU in the cab.

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... o-mame-cab
While we're on the subject, lemme see if you can solve a little doubt I have. I want to link four Egret II and play 4P games using each cab for each individual player - player 1/cab 1, player 2/cab 2 and so on. What I really want is to use the original PCB, but after talking to Franco about the possibility of a special loom for this, I decided to go with MAME and *noob alert* use a J-Pac on each cab and a VGA splitter to give signal to each J-Pac. As for the sound, I was going to use an external speaker, but now I'm thinking about *noob alert* using an amp (the one you pointed me to) on each cab and get the signal direct from the J-Pac.

My doubt is, if I do this, will I harm my cabs in any possible way? :eh:

ps: I can't access the link on JammaPlus... :(
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
NaokiS
Please Continue...
eBay: NaokiS
Initials: NKS

Post by NaokiS »

I only have PCBs, and even then not many, less games. Like a Sega Naomi, Triforce Type-1, Midway Vegas, System 16B (Which was so worth the money I paid for it. /sarcasm) and my freind owns a MVS-6 Slot now which I am having to dissuade from selling. And even then, I have Virtua Striker 2000 Ver 2, Virtua Tennis, Sports Jam, Gauntlet Dark Legacy and that's it.

Not even worth a photo. I so wish I had my own place with a good amount of room plus some money :cry:
Dreams of owning Dancing Stage EuroMIX 2 and Time Crisis 3/4
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

My new games list...

2x Astro City Cabs

Vertical games
Armed Police Batrider - Ver B
Raden DX
Outzone
Raiden Fighters + Mobo
Viper Phase 1: New Version + Mobo
Storm Blade
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Twin Cobra
Flying Shark

Horizontal games
Horror Story (Demon World)
Tekken
Tekken 3
World Rally
Last edited by tetsujin on January 11th, 2013, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOL Cats... stupid cats