Bringing Toys Home From Japan?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Re: Bringing Toys Home From Japan?

Post by Lordstar »

just take some tape so you can reseal on the fly you should be fine. They insist on checking everything laptops my GBA and DS going from JP though france.
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

Post by The Enigmatic Form »

Depending on how much you buy, you should also consider to send the stuff as a parcel. :)
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

youll have to unpack it in customs and explain "its a computer component" and theyll shake their heads at your nerdiness and let you on your way.

keep it simple, if you start rambling about JAMMA and cabinets and black labels and whatever theyll never understand and just get nervous, which means trouble for you.

i cant remember what movie it is but someone said it great anyways "explain it like im a 3 year old", thats how you deal with authorities.
Pilgrim_Pramsta
eBay: pilgrim_pramsta
Initials: JON

Post by Pilgrim_Pramsta »

I just brought a CPS2 A+B board back to the UK from the States. Was worried I'd have to explain what the hell it was but it went through the scanner and they didn't bat an eyelid.
tyranid
Please Continue...
eBay: tiraniddo
Initials: JIM

Post by tyranid »

I brought two CPS2 B boards back from Tokyo the other month, they took it out and rescanned it but obviously nothing worse than you would get anywhere else. Just make sure you have receipts for the stuff in case your local customs decide to just make up prices on the fly and try and charge you import tax :)
brendz

Post by brendz »

i was in japan @1 year ago. came back with 2 cave kits in my carry on and 3 pcb in my regular luggage. they didnt even ask about them, i wouldnt be too worried.
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

Must be luck of the draw. I leave Narita about 4 times a year, and each time I have

-1 laptop
-1 iPod
-1 mobile phone
-1 PSP
-1 TENS device (often already hooked up to my back)

Never get bothered. I even had a 360 in there last time.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

I brought £800 worth of arcade PCB's, Carts, Gd-roms, buttons & sticks on as hand luggage. Showed the guy on the x-ray machine the reciepts from MAK & G-Front and he waved me straight through.

The guy with the supercharger in a box wasn't so lucky - they made him check it in as hold luggage.

Walked straight through green "Nothing to declare" lane in UK no problems.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).