ADDED:MK2. Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Haggar)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

ADDED:MK2. Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Haggar)

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

ADDED Mortal Kombat.

Going through games I used to be able to do when I was a kid/teenager. Forgot about this one.
A replay I made of a 1-credit clear of the arcade version of Mortal Kombat 2 with Scorpion. It's a little messy is places but im a little rusty from when I used to play it in the 90's. I used to be obsessed with MK2 in the arcades back in 93', but looking back at it now I think it was a little overrated. It was defiantly no competition to the mighty Street Fighter 2 series. Kinda fun, though.

This is a 1-credit clear of the arcade version of Final Fight on the Japanese version defaults using Haggar (1 extra life awarded. USA defaults give you 5 extra :/ )

This was a long time coming! I've been a fan of Final Fight since it came out in 89' but it has always kicked my ****, bad. I've played it on and off for years since then with no real improvement. So in the past few years I've made it my mission to complete it with 1-credit. I managed to do it a few years ago on USA defaults that awards you +5 extra lives, but this felt a bit like cheating to me. I wanted to complete it on the Japanese defaults, with only 1-extra life given. On a holiday in Tokyo back in 09' I saw about 4 different people complete Final Fight and I was blown away that it was possible with just +1 extra.

I only just managed it on my last life, but I was cheated out of my other lives! The game can be soo random sometimes and you cant guarantee that a strategy that worked the game before will go as smoothly or as planned the next time you play it.

Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on March 27th, 2013, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Re: Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Haggar)

Post by Spectre »

:awe:

Backwards flying body attack ftw 8-)
fuse
eBay: lfuse

Post by fuse »

I am looking forwards to watching this later. Back when me and Chi were housemates, we were duking it out to see who could get the 1CC first. Who won? Neither of us :lol:

I think the early parts of the last stage were as far as either of us made it, and even then there was a lot of good luck involved, so I salute you sir.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

excellent stuff dude .... So why dont you use the iron bars?do they leave you open to hits?

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

@Spectre: hah yeah, that's his most useful move I reckon ;)

@Fuse: thanks man. Yeah the last level is a killer isnt it. They throw you so many swarms of enemies at you with huge gaps between energy pickups. It's pretty tricky.

@geotrig: I don't like using the weapons with Haggar. I find using his normal attack and doing the invincible looping back breaker sequence more effective. Saying that, there is one section I use the pipe on. I usually use it on the knife guys + punks + fire men on level 4 just before you get onto the elevator to trap them off screen. But for some reason the barrel I usually get it from just after the flaming floor section decided to give me a knife instead...
Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on February 15th, 2013, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

Subscribed! Mad skills here.
I will watch you play anything! :D
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

Very impressive! Final Fight is a tough game.
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

I love it :D
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

:clap:

Splendid job :awe:

I can't even 1cc it on the US defaults :(
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Nice performance! :D
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

very impressive!

looks like youre about to get up and walk away about a dozen times thruout the video, whys that? forgot the kettle on?
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Thanks guys! ;)

@Sven666: There were a couple of reasons. I recorded the video with an ipad using an ironing board as a tripod. During the recording one of our cats decided to get a bit playful and I was worried she was going to jump on the ironing board and knock it off :-o The other reason was I forgot to put the iPad in airplane mode, so I was worried that if I got a Facebook notification it would have stop the recording. This has happened to me before when my Auntie sent me a bejeweled Blitz request mid-recording. Luckily neither happened ;)
Last edited by Ex_Mosquito on February 16th, 2013, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neogeomvs
eBay: neo-geo-mvs

Post by neogeomvs »

nicely done.

Gonna have to get mine in the cab again and give it a go :awe:
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Great stuff mate :awe:

I watched this in bed on my phone last night, I thought I'd just watch a bit before I went to sleep and watch the rest today. Ended up staying up and watching it from start to finish.
Merlin
Please Continue...

Post by Merlin »

Very impressive playthrough Ex_Mosquito. :thumbup: This is a tough game. I still need quite a few credits to complete it.
TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

S.O.B., you did it! :mad:
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

@Neogeomvs: Go for it ;)
@Paulie: lol, sorry for keeping you up ;)
@Merlin: Ta ;) it's not too bad. It's just so unpredictable sometimes. One stray 40% damage kick from Poison can make or break a run.
Tadcool: yeah, just ;)
TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

Super nice, mate. :) :thumbupright:

All the guys you saw completing the game were using Haggar? I've never stopped to think about it strategically, I guess I still play Final Fight as a ten years old. :shifty:
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Nah, I saw people complete it with Cody and Guy as well. Everyone I saw play it was awesome at it! I saw someone do a 1cc on a Sunday morning in the arcade. And that was in 09' Pretty nuts. Thy sure do love their arcade games ;)

Yeah, you really do have to play the game strategically to get anywhere on it. On certain sections you need to try and limit the amount of people on screen to make it more manageable. If you go crazy and keep scrolling right you can activate the next wave of baddies before you've delt with the previous. I use the background graphics as a visual marker to know exactly when a particularly tricky group of enemies come on. For example on the stage 2 when you're on the moving subway train, when Haggars head is lined up with the middle of the double doors I know the Andore is going to run on screen. Making little markers like this eliminates the uncertainty when the next wave of enemies will appear and you can be ready to position yourself. Memorizing the enemy layout is a must to clearing Final Fight with 1-credit. It's bloody hard otherwise! Pre-planning your strategy is everything. Also if you notice, the enemies types all get up at different speeds after a knockdown, this is what makes Final Fight hard. For example, the knifemen get up instantly, the women take a little longer, Andores slightly quicker, and the blue grunts take the longest. This combination of different recover times throws everything out of sync when you're fighting a screen of baddies.
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

Very impressive video. I've only ever played the Amiga version, which sadly lacks some of the moves. It is otherwise a very well done conversion.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box