ADDED:MK2. Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Haggar)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
CharlieF
Please Continue...
Initials: DAV

Re: Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Haggar)

Post by CharlieF »

Extremely impressive.
Is this running under emulation?
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Heh thanks man. Yeah, I was using Groovymame with the modified CRT_Emudrivers (which eliminates screen tearing). No different in my eyes from playing the PCB. I've gotten over needing the original hardware to play a game, if you're just a player emulation is fine (has to be set up right, though. Proper resolution, CRT etc..) I've given up on collecting. I sold off my Final Fight PCB about 6 months ago along with all the rest. The only ones I have left how are: Shinobi, TGM, Daimakaimura + R-Type(Par-Type) conversion boards. Oh, and another dead Final Fight PCB where everyone is green and purple ;/
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

I've finally took the time to watch the video in full... :-o

Mesmerizing to see how you quickly lost all your lives on the hallway right before the final boss. Tough spot there, man...wow.

Also, the combo Poison/Roxy + El Gado/Holly Wood always a killer. :mad:

Excellent video. Can't wait for the next. :hinthint:
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Heh ta ;)

Yeah the final run towards the last boss is a bloody killer, especially the last wave just before the boss. I should'nt have lost so much energy before than section, I was a bit annoyed. But that's the randomness of Final Fight ;)

I don't think I'll be doing another replay for a good while tbh. I would like to learn Ketsui but I don't think I have the passion or time to learn a game from scratch anymore. The last few replays I've done I could do from years ago, I just needed a few credits to refresh.

I'm just gonna stick to quick session games, like getting good at the Tetris Grand Master series (no memorising attack patterns/placements! I really want to learn to play this game well) and 30min rumbles on 2p Ssf2x online for rewarding gaming fixes ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:I don't think I'll be doing another replay for a good while tbh. I would like to learn Ketsui but I don't think I have the passion or time to learn a game from scratch anymore. The last few replays I've done I could do from years ago, I just needed a few credits to refresh.
You should dig into Argus No Senshi (or Rygar if you prefer). Judging from your playing style and skill, I think you'd really love this game. Once you figure out the controls you'll have lots of fun. I would like to do a video of it myself, but I rarely get time home alone with my cabs these days. Can't do a video with screaming children all over the place. :roll:
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

@emphatic.

Just gave it a go, its pretty good ;) I installed it on iMame on my iphone. I can have quick goes on it when I'm in the toilet at work that way and when I'm waiting around ;) Ive noticed from the 10mins I've played on it so far that it has a really nice flow, I can see the potential for some cool improvised stylish play. Couple of questions. Is the game random or is it the same every time? Are there any major differences between the Japanese/USA versions? Also how long does it take to complete the game? How tricky is it to 1cc?

Edit* is this game more suited to 4-way controls? There doesn't seem to be any need for 8-way. I've had a few misses when I try to do the jumping 360 move while moving in the air, if I clip the upper diagonal corners the normal horizontal attack comes out. It's a bit like the issue I had with Diamakaimura with firing up/down while run jumping and landing on enemies firing horizontal ;/ and I switched to 4-way which solved it.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Is the game random or is it the same every time? Are there any major differences between the Japanese/USA versions? Also how long does it take to complete the game? How tricky is it to 1cc?
The differences is mostly that the Japanese version had no ROM revisions (spelling error on PLAYER2, buy-in bug not removing credit when a second player buys in) but also different hidden powerups. In stage 14, there's a hidden 1UP in the Japanese version, it's also more filled with STAR bonuses IIRC while the US version gives you the ? icon more often (if you hit this with your attack, it will cycle from different items to stop at the CROSS powerup). The time it takes to complete depends on how high score you want. The games has a whooping 27 stages. If you get the "rather jump out of danger than stand and fight" down pat, you might learn how to fight your way through it in a month if you play a couple of credits every day, but it'll be lots of fun doing it.
Ex_Mosquito wrote:Edit* is this game more suited to 4-way controls? There doesn't seem to be any need for 8-way. I've had a few misses when I try to do the jumping 360 move while moving in the air, if I clip the upper diagonal corners the normal horizontal attack comes out. It's a bit like the issue I had with Diamakaimura with firing up/down while run jumping and landing on enemies firing horizontal ;/ and I switched to 4-way which solved it.
No, it's an 8-way stick game. You can use the overhead hit to nail enemies above you "diagonally" on the stages where you climb the rope if you wiggle the stick up and to the sides while firing. Learn more: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Rygar"

I will gladly share techniques and tips if you start playing in your cabinet (phone ffs :roll: ). :awe:
TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

emphatic wrote:(phone ffs :roll: ). :awe:
Not to mention while cooking a brown carrot. :shh:
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...

Re: ADDED:MK2..Replay: Final Fight - Completed 1 Credit (Hag

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Added Mortal Kombat 2 to opening post.