PGM3?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
NathanDrake
Please Continue...

Re: PGM3?

Post by NathanDrake »

Whoa :awe:
Is this sytem can run on JVS cabinet or only on Jamma cabinet?
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

You can run any Jamma game on a JVS cabinet and vice versa, provided you have the correct video scalers and I/O boards.
NathanDrake
Please Continue...

Post by NathanDrake »

Yes but I need a Jamma to JVS converter?
This sytem is based only on jamma?
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Oh I see. Dave Wellington's pictures on page one of this thread appear to show that it has JVS hookup as well as a Jamma edge, but I don't have one so cannot confirm this.
NathanDrake
Please Continue...

Post by NathanDrake »

When we look the picture it seems it has jamma and JVS connectors on the system :)
Thanks for help anyway :awe:
Loki
Please Continue...
eBay: gediegener
Initials: LOK

Post by Loki »

even if that topic wasn't active long time I would like to provide an update. That topic might be interesting for some of you guys.
I just bought a Knights of Valour 3 HD board and made some tests on supergun setup.

At the moemnt I don't own a HD cab therfore I will power the board external an connect to HDTV via DVI cable.
I used a normal ATX power supply (5V / 12V) and it worked well. So it seems there is no -5V needed out from the JVS connector.

Out from the conversions inside of this thread nobody was able to confirm that the board could be powered via JAMMA connector only (only buttons via JAMMA are confirmed so far)
Board works with 5V/12V only so from my perspective there is no reason why the Board couldn't work with Jamma supply only without the JVS connector.

Just waiting for some left parts to finish my supergun setupt (side project of restoring a blast city panel). I will give a try and share my results when tests could be done.