Top 6 NeoGeo MVS games

Coin-operated games and arcades.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Re: Top 6 NeoGeo MVS games

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Money Idol Exchanger is absolutely fantastic and I am yet to 1cc it on 1 Player mode. I get my **** kicked on level 6 :problem:

It looks fantastic in Japanese and utterly awful in Engrish - hence why I have my mobo set to Japanese.

As Paulie says, it's quite unique in trying to chain as you have to change the coins up.

Oh, and it's 2 x ¥5 = 1 x ¥10 :awe:

Cheers,

Ralph.
LorisBiaggi
Please Continue...
eBay: neominibox

Post by LorisBiaggi »

cools wrote:I want to get down to 7 carts. This is the total number I can fit in the Neo 19 (4 slots + 3 in coin box). None loose (or boxed) on shelves.
I don't know why you want to make this masochist selection, but i think you will regret it.
If you like neo-geo games, you like to play most of them, maybe you can spend more time on few games (but much more than 7), but sometimes is worth playing with not perfect games.
The neo is made of samurai shodown 2 and metal slugs... but i can't think about a neogeo without cyber lip, prehistoric isle 2, nightmare in the dark, soccer brawl, art of fighting, waku waku 7, ninja commando, thrash rally, ganryu, karnov's revenge and other 30/40 minor titles... i could not choose.
----------- Neo Mini Box -----------
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

JackisBack wrote:cyber lip: dull, prehistoric isle 2:ugly, nightmare in the dark: slow, soccer brawl: awful, art of fighting: dated and awful, waku waku 7: yeah I like this one, but it's not as good a fighter as others and the specials are beyond crazy to execute, ninja commando: dated, awful, ugly, thrash rally: ridiculous controls! you can't drive the car straight on angled roads!, ganryu: dull, karnov's revenge: just another dated fighter, and other 30/40 minor titles... i could not choose.
The minor titles are nice to see from a historical perspective but I tire of them after a credit or two and never play again so it's utterly pointless having them on the shelf, the same goes for JAMMA stuff. I want to get down to a core selection of carts that I don't feel the need to change out regularly or look outside of for something that it feels is missing.
Paulie wrote:You quickly get to grips with the coins ie. 5 greens= 1 gold etc so it's not like you are adding up money for me its more like adding up colours if that makes sense.
I have trouble with colours (another reason why PB had to go, it's not distinctive enough in the bubble patterns later on), but I definitely prefer the stacking method with MPE over MD - but I love how frantic MD gets from the start. If I see an MPE for sale I'll maybe pick it up and see if it's a valid swap for this purpose ;)
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

Not really but the game play is a bit deeper. I prefer md myself, Ralph loves MPE
LorisBiaggi
Please Continue...
eBay: neominibox

Post by LorisBiaggi »

cools wrote:prehistoric isle 2:ugly
:crazy: PI2 is one of my all time favourite shmups (probably the top 1)... ok, it's a matter of tastes :(
----------- Neo Mini Box -----------
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

AeroCityMayor wrote:
Oh, and it's 2 x ¥5 = 1 x ¥10 :awe:
You are quite right good sir :)

I must have been wanting to put 5x10 = 1x50 but my brain had clearly gone to sleep when i was typing, there isn't even a 25 coin in the game, i hope I'm not losing my marbles :(
cools wrote:
I have trouble with colours (another reason why PB had to go, it's not distinctive enough in the bubble patterns later on), but I definitely prefer the stacking method with MPE over MD - but I love how frantic MD gets from the start. If I see an MPE for sale I'll maybe pick it up and see if it's a valid swap for this purpose ;)
Having trouble with colours may hamper you enjoyment a little, obviously this all depends on how the pallet works for you. each coin is also numbered although when it's more frantic this may make playing more tricky. as I said earlier I rely on matching colours rather than denominations. That said there was a GameBoy B&W release but I've never played it.
The colours are
1 is blue
5 is gold
10 is bronze
50 is green
100 is silver
500 is kind of a light gold
neogeomvs
eBay: neo-geo-mvs

Post by neogeomvs »

MPE ftw.

Great game, my favourite puzzle game on the neo :awe:
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Paulie wrote:
Having trouble with colours may hamper you enjoyment a little...
I'm red/green colour blind and I have the same problem with PB. The greens and yellows and the blues/purples are too similar to react quickly to so the game usually ends pretty early for me. Just ask 'r' lass :D

The Japanese version of Money Idol is fantastic though and doesn't give me trouble re colours. Also, the ¥5 and the ¥50 have holes in the middle which makes them much easier to distinguish.

HTH

Cheers,

Ralph.
NeoGeo1
Please Continue...

Post by NeoGeo1 »

There are many very very good Neo Geo MVS Games.
Top 6 ?
Hm:
Metal Slug
Last Resort
Blazing Star
Pulstar
Super Side Kicks
Fatal Fury 2
WINNOWING
eBay: winnowing444
Initials: WIN

Post by WINNOWING »

Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
King Of Fighters 98
King Of Fighters 2002
Shock Troopers 2
Puzzle Bobble 2
Who are you? - Rufus
exSOLDIER first class - Cloud
AVALANCHE! - Barret
Me Also - Tifa
I am flowergirl from the market! - Aeris
vadergb
Please Continue...

Post by vadergb »

Most of my choices hark back to what I played in the 90s - but also what I tend to have in my 4 slot. There's lots of other games mentioned that I should put some time into.

Blazing Star
Metal Slug
Samurai Showdown 2
World. Heroes
Aero Fighters 2
Puzzle Bobble
damian

Post by damian »

Twinkle Star Sprites
Blazing Star
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Garou: Marks of the Wolves
Windjammers
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

AeroCityMayor wrote:The Japanese version of Money Idol is fantastic though and doesn't give me trouble re colours. Also, the ¥5 and the ¥50 have holes in the middle which makes them much easier to distinguish.
I've been trying to search pictures of the non-US coin graphics but there are definitely none at all on the whole of the internet.

edit: except this one:
http://www.bonkler.com/thebonkler/wp-co ... CT0489.jpg"

Does the EUR version use the same coinage as USA?
NeoBliss

Post by NeoBliss »

Many great games but these always seem to make their way into the cabinet:

1. Metal Slug
2. Metal Slug X
3. Blazing Star
4. Shock Troopers
5. Pulstar
6. Nam 1975

Don't have the MVS cart but I also really enjoy Real Bout 2. Have always preferred it over Garou which is supposed to be the pinnacle of the series. Can't explain it. Also enjoy the Last Blade series.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

It's easy to explain why someone prefers Real Bout 2 over Garou. It's the better game! :awe:
Emulation's nice when done well
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

TheRedKnight wrote:It's easy to explain why someone prefers Real Bout 2 over Garou. It's the better game! :awe:
:clap:
NeoBliss

Post by NeoBliss »

TheRedKnight wrote:It's easy to explain why someone prefers Real Bout 2 over Garou. It's the better game! :awe:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who believes this.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

NeoBliss wrote:
The thing I've always disliked about all the FF games other than MOTW is that you can shift planes. I've always found it to be an annoying gimmick more than anything that's actually useful :problem:
Marcosan30
eBay: Marco_Sanders

Post by Marcosan30 »

My top 6 in random order;
- blazing star
- pulstar
- Art of fighting
- Art of fighting 2
- Fatal Fury
- magician lord
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

crunchywasp wrote:
NeoBliss wrote:
The thing I've always disliked about all the FF games other than MOTW is that you can shift planes. I've always found it to be an annoying gimmick more than anything that's actually useful :problem:
Give them another try and learn the system? :) Real Bout 2 only has two planes, and the other one is only for dodging, basically.
Emulation's nice when done well