Super Street Fighter II - The Tournament Battle *Working!*

Coin-operated games and arcades.
d123456
Please Continue...

Re: Super Street Fighter II - The Tournament Battle *Working!*

Post by d123456 »

Flazh wrote:Seat swapping would be HARD over GGPO!
Good point! I guess not then. :cry:
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

Any chance you would donate for the weekend this setup for the insert-coin show with or without cabs
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

YOU ARE MY HERO S***HEAD!
Heh heh! :D That's more like it - i feel properly welcomed to the arcadeotaku family!!!
I would really love to watch that setup in Youtube, great work!
I will get a video rockin' and post a link sometime this week
You'd think Capcom would've made it so there wasn't seat swapping required though :lol:
Meant to say before - it is a shame about the seat swapping but there is no way round it - four screens and eight players means that you have to have the players that are fighting each other on the same screen. And because it is a proper tournament, it means that all eight players are fighting all the time - so the losers from the first round fight each other and the winners fight each other etc....so unless there were 8 screens, seat swapping is neccesary! :-(
Any chance you would donate for the weekend this setup for the insert-coin show with or without cabs
Yep - I would be more than happy to do that. Whereabouts is the show? Not quite sure how we could get it going as there are a number of factors missing from getting it sorted -
I don't have a car :-( to transport the boards to/from the show.
I only have 3 megadrive pads - and these only control the punch buttons - so no kicks available!
I don't have four spare tv's or 4 cabs!
Bit of a pessimistic few sentances i know!!!! I plan to get controllers sorted over time - that is, six button megadrive pads, and then wire up the kick loom, so that they are fully functional, or even better, get 8 DC sticks and wire them up. Cost starts to spiral a bit high tho!

Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas to get it up and running! :-)
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

Yep - I would be more than happy to do that. Whereabouts is the show? Not quite sure how we could get it going as there are a number of factors missing from getting it sorted -
I don't have a car :-( to transport the boards to/from the show.
I only have 3 megadrive pads - and these only control the punch buttons - so no kicks available!
I don't have four spare tv's or 4 cabs!
Bit of a pessimistic few sentances i know!!!! I plan to get controllers sorted over time - that is, six button megadrive pads, and then wire up the kick loom, so that they are fully functional, or even better, get 8 DC sticks and wire them up. Cost starts to spiral a bit high tho!

Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas to get it up and running! :-)[/quote]

Right i have a few no worries can get you sorted with 4 cabs .The show is in Northampton but im sure we will be pasing to organise transport to here http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1565"
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

have a few no worries can get you sorted with 4 cabs .The show is in Northampton but im sure we will be pasing to organise transport to here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1565
Ahhhhhh......things are now falling into place in my tiny little brain!!! :-)
I thought that you were referring to this coming weekend!
July 2009 = Cool. I'll have transport and time to sort things out. If 4 spare cabs could be made available for a few hours, that'd be super cool, otherwise i'd be able to rustle up a couple of tv's/monitors to have some 8 player sup[ergun action! :-)
I'll amke arrangements shortly to make sure that I can keep that weekend free, and then get some tickets.

Geez - good work to all invloved so far - this must take a hell of a lot of organising.
I Got PAID...
P-E
Please Continue...

Post by P-E »

i'm wondering where you find the boards if you have a good address let me know ^^

anyway i'm glad japanese manual helped you
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

i'm wondering where you find the boards if you have a good address let me know ^^
Unfortunately, e-bay was where i got all my boards from - it took me approx. 1 year to collect all four, and I got two at the same time! I did have a grey 'asia' Tournament Battle, but I gave this away ages ago because i din't think it would work (3 blue and 1 grey)
I still need another motherboard. Then I can have a complete setup, and still be able to play my arcade machine.
Good luck with finding them - if I see any for sale, I will PM you straight away.
I Got PAID...
P-E
Please Continue...

Post by P-E »

ok man waiting for your PM haha ^^
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

I would really love to watch that setup in Youtube, great work!
Here ya go:- (Possibly THE MOST rubbish video quality EVER!!!! - But it's the best i could do at the moment)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QTEjuHTOt8g - Demo (forgot to enable the demo sound!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kfl-7pdbaY - Gameplay

N.B. It is clear to see from these videos that I got the Tournament Battle working with a board inside my cab, using a 3 metre cable to connect!!! So the Japanese manual is incorrect. I have edited my original post accordingly.
I've also got some pix of the interanals of the board, to show people the extra PCB in use - i'll post these once i can find the usb cable for my camera!!! ;)
I Got PAID...