Hyper Neo geo board and games why so cheap.

Coin-operated games and arcades.
EvilGazebo
Hyper Neo geo board and games why so cheap.

Post by EvilGazebo »

As per title really seen a few bin on ebay that are quite low and dont seem to sell. :thumbup:
LoRez

Re: Hyper Neo geo board and games why so cheap.

Post by LoRez »

Erm,you could say...they're not the best :)
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

it may well have been the major reason the old SNK had so many financial troubles.

They were stupidly cheap long before I got my first cab, and that was over 3 years ago
EvilGazebo

Post by EvilGazebo »

Cheers for the info fellas! I think ill stop being so lazy and do some googling, i may pick one up.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

EvilGazebo wrote: i may pick one up.
All the glowing reviews in here talked you into it?
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

it's not that bad, but where some 3D games from the 90's still hold their own, the 3D churned out by this hardware has not aged well at all, very dated . . . .
EvilGazebo

Post by EvilGazebo »

thomj wrote:
Its a character flaw i have. "Dont press the big read button!" "hmm ok!" :twisted:
Wildseven
eBay: Xephon-003
Initials: LHW

Post by Wildseven »

I had a lot of fun with Buriki One, surprisingly deep and rewarding after you get past the wacky controls :/
jase

Post by jase »

I finally played Buriki One in the Sega arcade in Osaka, very strange controls with the buttons controlling the movement of the character and the stick controlling the moves.

They had an Astro with a dedicated Buriki One control panel, and posters advertising Buriki One tournament dates.
EvilGazebo

Post by EvilGazebo »

Had a quick search around the net, youtube etc and samurai showdown looks good and there's a wacky rally game but you need a different mobo for driving games.
backfield22
eBay: nosetackle99
Initials: MAT

Post by backfield22 »

EvilGazebo wrote:
thomj wrote:
Its a character flaw i have. "Dont press the big read button!" "hmm ok!" :twisted:
i have two.

which is two more than i need.

if you want one for the price of shipping.
lost tiree, lost dutch.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

the Samurai Spirits and Buriki-One are good games , i don`t see how people can complain about these at a price that low , while spending big amount of cash on mvs games that do suck bad (i.e. atleast 70% of all MVS games ) :think:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
EvilGazebo

Post by EvilGazebo »

backfield22 wrote: i have two.

which is two more than i need.

if you want one for the price of shipping.
A generous offer pm on the way :thumbup:
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.

Post by skykid »

kernow wrote:Think Jeff bought a ton of them NOS stock. Used to sell it for £199 with all four games many years back, now it's like £30 or so, with the 3 more common games. SS64 seems to be a hard one to get, hardly ever see it for sale.

I remember seeing pallets of boxes in a warehouse, all NOS, and each box had 6 hyper sets in. :lol:

SNK must have lost so much money on it.
Yep, SS64 is the only one I wouldn't mind actually picking up but I never see it either. The hardware itself must have cost a fortune, casting it all in metal - really overkill (they really should have realised the power was way behind the current arcade frontrunners - it came out at the same time as VF3 didn't it? :wtf: )

That said, if you can look past the graphics I really quite enjoy Buriki One & Warriors Rage, and I do believe Wild Ambition was 2D into 3D fighting game actually done right - it's quite a solid play.

edit: meant VF3
Last edited by skykid on October 28th, 2011, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

kernow wrote:examples why cadman2k should be banned from marketplaces.
:lol:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You really need to play Buriki One with the original controller panel. It just feels off on a normal one.

Image Hyper Neo 2P panel
Image Versus City 1P panel

Anyone know if they ever made a two player Sega panel?
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

How do you go about identifying the different motherboards? Is there version codes on them or something?
Started a little wiki-page... if anyone wants to contribute!!
all your wiki pages belong to me
NeoD
Please Continue...
Initials: AGP

Post by NeoD »

I'm gonna step in here and defend the Hyper 64! I bought my Hyper 64 way back in 2001 when Vektorlogic was selling them for £195 for the mobo and 3 games.

Heres the invoice to prove it lol - http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/neodragon/vektor2001.jpg"

I still have mine today even though sadly my board now has a few minor garbled gfx....not exactly expensive to replace though.

Anyway the games:

Fatal Fury WA - It plays pretty much the same as the Real Bout series on MVS, its not slow at all it actually flows really nice for its age. Its just as playable as its MVS counter parts.

Buriki 1 - The controls do take a while to get used to - Stick for attacks and buttons to move - i think originally the cab had the stick and buttons in the opposite places but it totally works fine on a normal cab. If you like MMA games and wanna try something a little different you'll like this, when i first got it it was probably the game i put the most time into, the fights get really good especially when you start to learn how to do the throws and submissions. Again it flows perfectly once you get used to the quirky controls, but they do start to make sense....

Samurai Showdown WR2 - First off this has some fantastic 2D gfx for the opening and the Character select screen, both look really nice. Sure when you get in game its 3D gfx from 1998 but its not terrible, all the textures are really clean and the animations are smooth. What people might be put off by with this is the gameplay. Its got a slow kind of clunky feels to it but it kind of harks back to SS3 where big hits count, it does have the CD combo's from SS4 though which does keep the pace up a little but its got little things in it to slow the game down like double tapping back to many times in succession makes you character fall over, its like the game wants you to make mistakes so you leave gaps for your opponent attack.

I've played it a lot over the years and it has some amazing backgrounds, amazingly atmospheric music ( 1 stage which has a huge dead tree in the BG just has a kind of high pitched noise constantly getting louder and changing pitch, i know it sounds strange but it really works ), a ton of characters ( all slash and bust characters are mostly different character models rather than palette swaps ) and some fantastic super moves and effects ( when you slice a character in half the screen changes to a fantastic 2D image of them and blood covers the screen ).

Its actually my 2nd fave SS game after SS4. Yes **** SS2. :shock:

So yeah, what the Hyper and these 3 games going for atm around £30 - 50? Its totally worth it i see people paying more for some really shoddy MVS carts. If you are an SNK, Samurai Shodown or Fatal Fury fan you cannot go wrong! I guarantee 10 minutes on Buriki 1 in 2 player you'll be laughing, put some time and effort into SSWR and you'll be loving it.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Thank you for telling us where you live.

/me sneaks over to the UK to see what all this HNG64 business is about