Type X3

Coin-operated games and arcades.
kazuo

Re: Type X3

Post by kazuo »

via arcadeheroes
http://arcadeheroes.com/2011/09/16/jamm ... lock-king/"

Hopefully this solves the piracy issue. But Windows is still a problem.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

kazuo wrote:Hopefully this solves the piracy issue. But Windows is still a problem.
Never underestimate the ingenuity of pirates.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

What is the bit in pink? 2 versions? i7 Nvidia gtx560si, 320gb HDD, that is a serious bit of kit.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

I think the pink box shows the optional upgrades.
cthulhu
eBay: cthulhu_nl
Initials: RIP

Post by cthulhu »

Korszca wrote:I think the pink box shows the optional upgrades.
Yep, it says "Option" in Japanese.
My Arcade games

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

16GB of RAM. Woot, now you can load several games entirely into RAM and have room to spare.
Ultron
Please Continue...

Post by Ultron »

Will the games look better than console games?
I know consoles are optimised for cause they are a stable platform, but there's only so much the developers can do isn't there?
With Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles years away, this could be a boon for arcades with much better graphics.
Korszca wrote:16GB of RAM. Woot, now you can load several games entirely into RAM and have room to spare.
Or maybe the games could each be made that big.
Ultron
Please Continue...

Post by Ultron »

What games do you think will be on this board?
All new games?
Or some sequels?

I'm interested what will be done with the new graphical power :)
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Ultron wrote:What games do you think will be on this board?
All new games?
Or some sequels?

I'm interested what will be done with the new graphical power :)
Doesn't matter how powerful the next arcade PCs are, the problem is lack of budget - console games have a heck load more money on budget/dev teams - this is one of the reason why console games look/play superior to arcade games, while in the 80's, early 90's it was the other way around.
Say hello to my little friend...
Ultron
Please Continue...

Post by Ultron »

andygeezer wrote:Doesn't matter how powerful the next arcade PCs are, the problem is lack of budget - console games have a heck load more money on budget/dev teams - this is one of the reason why console games look/play superior to arcade games, while in the 80's, early 90's it was the other way around.
In my view, Arcade games look and play better than console games.
Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition is better than the console version, isn't it? (I've not played the console version, it's all about arcade fighters.) I read that they improved the gameplay specially for the arcade.

I've seen screenshots of Battle Fantasia and it looks better than any console game, better than Gears of War, which just looks nasty.
Arcade games have style, it's like all neon lights and razmatazz. Console games are like watching a soap opera. The few exceptions are; those that try to be like arcade games, but they must fall short cause they are not good enough to compete in the arcade; and Gran Turismo which makes the sim accessable to the layman.

The few console games that interest me (apart from Gran Turismo) are either arcade game ports or arcade-style games that don't look graphically any better than arcade games.

What I meant in my previous post about the games on X3 having better graphics than console games was in terms of graphical prowess. The actual style that arcade games have is still better, but most people want more realistic looking graphics. In that way you are right I suppose, console developers have the budget to crank up the realism graphically more than arcade developers. I think I just took issue with your saying that; console games look better, cause that gritty realism they have just makes them unappealing to me; and that they play better, cause arcade games gameplay is tailored for the arcade, which, apart from something like Gran Turismo, which is pretty unique, makes them better IMO.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Ultron wrote: I've seen screenshots of Battle Fantasia and it looks better than any console game,
Except for the graphically superior port.

I get what you're saying though. Blue sky gaming.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

:palm: :lol:
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

There are a huge range of problems that plague the chances of an arcade release being successful, particularly in this country. The graphical superiority of arcade releases over console games is totally irrelevant now however, as already mentioned by Andy I think in an earlier post.

What surly has to be key is developers understanding the unique nature of the medium/platform of an arcade game, and whilst companies address this often with the creation of huge arcade machines with peripherals to offer something different to that which can be found at home, it still makes development and production costs in terms of manufacturing high which then has to be offset by the high price of machines to operators. Now I understand that some people better in the know than myself will say that operators can afford the costs of these machines and make their money back quickly, I’d have to argue, given the decline in “true” arcades (that don’t just house gambling and redemption machines) that this might not be the case.
I think developers need to consider the costs more, as well as really consider how the medium can be best explored to actually get people back into arcades again, and gaming again. Taito’s net based game selection system is one angle of giving punters what they want yes, but perhaps gaming arcades in Europe (lets face it, in the UK it might be a lost cause) need to carefully consider how they can make the experience an exciting one. Lets face it, the majority of us on here are interested in the history of the arcades and while we may have interests in new hardware and possibilities that interest is still primarily fuelled by our love of arcades in the 80’s and 90’s which is why we look on at images of “that arcade in Paris” (whose name escapes me) and wish all arcades were like this!!!

Maybe I’ve gone off the point somewhat, but the power of new arcade hardware doesn’t compare to the manner in which developers actually use it.

:D
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

Backward compatible? Definitely want one!
I don't think we'll see 1080p, but I really like the cover not being anymore on top of the heatsink. I never understood why they made the case this way. Even using Windows was less a mistake than that.

Edit: I just ordered a dark haired leathered dominatrix with glasses to be whipped since I made a mistake : the HDD is still on the top of the CPU heatsink. In fact, they actually moved the HDD to remain on top of the CPU heatsink.
FrankCastleAZ
Please Continue...
Initials: FRA

Post by FrankCastleAZ »

Ultron wrote:Will the games look better than console games?
I know consoles are optimised for cause they are a stable platform, but there's only so much the developers can do isn't there?
With Sony's and Microsoft's new consoles years away, this could be a boon for arcades with much better graphics.
It all comes down to the developers and how much time and effort they put in.
The actual specs listed currently blows away what the 360 or PS3 is capable of.

BUT.... Why would the developers of games want to spend more money developing to max the Arcade/PC specs when they would have to scale things down for the current console market? (which is where they truly make their money)

It's possible that they'd develop for an arcade release date within a year of the new console launches.

Example =
PS4 and XBox3 are both announced at TGS or E3 to be in 2015 so Capcom and SNK Playmore spend 2 years developing Capcom VS SNK 3 and release it in arcades on X3 in 2014.
They then start working on the ports for the new console hardware for a 2015 release.
(I obviously overhyped myself on the thought of CvS3 and am now speculating what could happen but you get the point)

Makes you wonder.....

-FrankCastleAZ
Blast City 1= Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Blast City 2= Marvel VS Capcom 1 - Blast City 3= Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
AZHP Gaming - Facebook -Twitter
ArcadeSTG

Post by ArcadeSTG »

About 2 years later and we are still missing the games?

This is not a good signal :-(
A piece of Akihabara in your Home?
http://akihabarainhome.com
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

Looks like Ultra SF4 is running on TX3.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/index.html"
Braintrash
Please Continue...
eBay: yuu_madrigal

Post by Braintrash »

I so **** hoped they would do that.
Already saving to buy one. :-)
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Braintrash wrote:I so **** hoped they would do that.
Why? TX2 hardware runs the SFIV engine no problem.

Or am I missing sarcasm?
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Probably a necessity since its unlikely they still manufacture the old **** hardware that "powers" the tx2?