Whats in your cab(s) right now?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
neoretro75
Please Continue...
eBay: jusasa

Re: Whats in your cab(s) right now?

Post by neoretro75 »

Mahou Daisakusen JP version PCB - Awesome game!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nismopunch
Please Continue...

Post by nismopunch »

neoretro75 wrote:Mahou Daisakusen JP version PCB - Awesome game!
Is that a Gundam I see on top of the cab? 8-)
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Nice pic neoretro75! Great choice, do you also play Great Mahou/Dimahoo (my personal favorite)?
neoretro75
Please Continue...

Post by neoretro75 »

nismopunch wrote:
You have really good eyes! ;)
neoretro75
Please Continue...

Post by neoretro75 »

Chempop wrote:Nice pic neoretro75! Great choice, do you also play Great Mahou/Dimahoo (my personal favorite)?
Thx!
I also own Great Mahou Daisakusen (JP version): awesome game, superior visually speaking and gameplay wise, however the difficulty level is so high. That's why I like the more conventional gameplay mechanics of Mahou Daisakusen. My favorite character is Miyamoto, with Wide and Homing weapons, depending on the stage. So far, I can reach Stage 5 boss - 1 continue.
If I can 1-ALL Mahou Daisakuen, then I think I'm ready to play to Great Mahou. 8-)
nismopunch
Please Continue...

Post by nismopunch »

neoretro75 wrote:
nismopunch wrote:
You have really good eyes! ;)
Two of my favorite things! Awesome setup you have there.
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Chempop wrote:Image

360 w/SDOJ, Strikers1945 PCB, Raiden PCB
NICE!! real SDJ PCB inside?

EDIT: Ohh haven't seen the comment :oops:. Could you make a video playing SDJ with the XBOX360 on the cab?
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

Thanks! Yeah SDOJ pcb is waaay out of my price range, but thankfully the port is superior in almost every way :awe:
What exactly do you want a video of? Are you just interested in how the 360 is set up?

I've run the 360 in the Blast City over VGA with an extron rgb 150xi sync stabilizer, and use the PCB from an arcade stick. It worked well.
Now I use a jamma interface padhack box with RGB over scart which I think is a little better and less lag (maybe?) made by Lemony Vengeance.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Chempop wrote:Thanks! I've run the 360 in the Blast City over VGA with an extron rgb 150xi sync stabilizer, and use the PCB from an arcade stick. It worked well.
Now I use a jamma interface padhack box with RGB over scart which I think is a little better and less lag (maybe?) made by Lemony Vengeance.
I have a similar setup. I use an Xbox 360 pad hack i did + Extron VSC500 + Extron RGB.

But the way you describe, you play the game in 480P without scanlines, right? Or do you use a scart cable to extract 480i from the xbox and run it through the extron RGB to "transform it in 240P"?
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

I don't know, I'd have to ask Lemony about how he made the jamma box, I'm technologically inept.
[edit: I don't use the extron now, that was just for when I used VGA so the blast's monitors 'auto -shutoff' wouldn't occur due to the 360 terribly unstable and varying resolution VGA signal.]

It's looks good to me :D
I got the 1CC last night :thumbup: 8-) :thumbupright:
neoretro75
Please Continue...

Post by neoretro75 »

Nice pic Chempop!
Same as you, I use the awesome Xbox 360 to jamma box made by Lemony Vengeance to play my 360 games on my Astro City, and I added to this setup a downscaler (MIMO Genius II) to get a true 240p picture. The result is so so good.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Well, you definitely have some good looking scanlines there, that's for sure :thumbup:
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

OHHH :-o
I also asked Lemony in January to make me one of these nice boxes but he has no time at the moment :cry: . Wanted this box to play SDJ on my Egret 2. Isn't the picture just already perfect enought if you take the RGB scart signal and hook it up directly to the cab?

Wanted to see a a game play video of SDJ with this box. I just can't wait to have also one and on youtube are nearly no SDJ videos played on a cab :( 1CC with SDJ :-o You freak :awe: . Congrats!!
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

SDOJ Novice Expert is the mode I liked the most in the 360 package. The difficulty feels spot on.
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

I should try that mode again, thanks for the reminder. I gave 1.5 a whirl and cleared with A-shot with auto-bomb OFF, going to try with B and C ships. It's a little easier than arcade mode.

As for 360 in the cab using scart>jamma RGB, I don't think it has real scanlines, but the interlacing makes it appear so in my pictures. I can't say for sure, better ask lemony. :think:
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Chempop wrote:I should try that mode again, thanks for the reminder. I gave 1.5 a whirl and cleared with A-shot with auto-bomb OFF, going to try with B and C ships. It's a little easier than arcade mode.

As for 360 in the cab using scart>jamma RGB, I don't think it has real scanlines, but the interlacing makes it appear so in my pictures. I can't say for sure, better ask lemony. :think:
For me the picture looks good enough. What about a little video :D ?
LemonyVengeance
eBay: Stanley_ipkiss22
Initials: LMN

Post by LemonyVengeance »

Chempop wrote:I should try that mode again, thanks for the reminder. I gave 1.5 a whirl and cleared with A-shot with auto-bomb OFF, going to try with B and C ships. It's a little easier than arcade mode.

This is in the blast over VGA, right? if you want scan lines, you'll need to add an SLG in the mix. there's plenty of 'em out there so pick your poison. :D as for input lag, there's little to no lag that I know of. I mean, there's ALWAYS a miniscule amount of lag with ANY controller, but I don't anticipate any additional lag with my adapters.

The Jamma360 adapter I make outputs in RGB over 480i so there's no down scaling without an emotia or mimo. It still looks really good on a blast or a NAC amongst other cabinets :D
Last edited by LemonyVengeance on December 12th, 2016, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

OlDirty wrote:Isn't the picture just already perfect enought if you take the RGB scart signal and hook it up directly to the cab?
With that method you will get an Interpolated image which might be a little to "shaky" to some (me included), specially on static images like the high scores, for examples.

It's good looking, but not "rock solid" 240p good ;)
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

So it'll be good for me then :D
Chempop
Please Continue...

Post by Chempop »

LemonyVengeance wrote: This is in the blast over VGA, right? if you want scan lines, you'll need to add an SLG in the mix. there's plenty of 'em out there so pick your poison. :D as for input lag, there's little to no lag that I know of. I mean, there's ALWAYS a miniscule amount of lag with ANY controller, but I don't anticipate any additional lag with my adapters.

The Jamma360 adapter I make outputs in RGB over 480P so there's no down scaling without an emotia or mimo. It still looks really good on a blast or a NAC amongst other cabinets :D
Actually no, I'm using one of the adapters that has scart input from 360, so I guess it's 480P. There is a light stripe on the top of the screen (or left in tate), but I just adjust the VSIZ/POS so it's out of view, I don't loose any in-game picture.
I'm not sure if it looks/feels better than if I use VGA, which makes me wonder, maybe I should try the Jamma360 adapter without the scart and try VGA again with my craftymech SLG and see how it compares.