A mars a day...

Coin-operated games and arcades.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Re: A credit a day...

Post by thegreathopper »

Ketsui is back in my Aero, such a great game.
tony starks
Please Continue...
eBay: tone_starks
Initials: III

Post by tony starks »

Finally 1cced Samurai Showdown/spirits :awe:
Starks is always out.
gradius
Bubble Bobble Binman
Initials: NES

Post by gradius »

CHALLENGER wrote:Tried playing Karate Champ. The controls are terrible and confusing, yet the game is addicting. It's all about timing luck! NIPPON!! *crowd cheers*
This was probably the first arcade game I put any time into. I fell in love with this and Kung Fu Master on a family holiday in Devon back in 1984. I never really played it again after this though and Way of the Exploding Fist for the Commodore 64 turned out to be better. :awe:
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

tony starks wrote:Finally 1cced Samurai Showdown/spirits :awe:
Excellent, who as?
CHALLENGER
Please Continue...
eBay: alpha-romo_1980
Initials: OZ!

Post by CHALLENGER »

gradius wrote:
CHALLENGER wrote:Tried playing Karate Champ. The controls are terrible and confusing, yet the game is addicting. It's all about timing luck! NIPPON!! *crowd cheers*
This was probably the first arcade game I put any time into. I fell in love with this and Kung Fu Master on a family holiday in Devon back in 1984. I never really played it again after this though and Way of the Exploding Fist for the Commodore 64 turned out to be better. :awe:
I played this again last night and the hit boxes are fuxed, basically random attacks that may or may not hit. Even if the fist goes through the head. It's like watching two sissies trying to slap box. :palm: :shifty:
SEGA BLAST CITY: Tekken 1-4 series
Dynamo HS-2: Street Fighter II: World Warrior
YAMASA SLOTS: TEKKEN
ShadowDancer
Please Continue...
Initials: DAR

Post by ShadowDancer »

(Wild Fang)
I feel as sick as a dog :lol: but see the funny side :palm:

Near perfect run 1 through 4 and right near the end of 5 with all 4 lifes intact (genuine 1ups)

I then get my 1st ever time over, dramatic music but a instant respawn, i'm pushed way to the right with enemies, i then set off the big gorilla, enemies eveywhere, triggered this way too soon, i'm getting battered, composure lost, got to the boss (literally next section) last life, 2 hits in me, (I know his pattern and how to do it from my training) it goes wrong.

Game Over comes up, i flip on to my back, put my hands over my eyes and just think f*** i was there and bulls'd it up..

I was playing from approx 4am to 8am and had a few 'near' misses, but i messed up a perfect run in the last section before boss.

Oh man - i've had to take a break, i put it on, shook my head, not ready to take it on again just yet. :(
ShadowDancer
Please Continue...

Post by ShadowDancer »

1CC Wild Fang (aka Tecmo Knight) GET IN!

Not the easiest of games i've done on one credit. Real great game. Am over the moon.

Final Score 220900 1CC'd :awe:
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

I crushed my old Strikers 1945 high score today.

This is also the first time I've played anything since mid-April so it felt good to get back in the swing of things.
ShadowDancer
Please Continue...

Post by ShadowDancer »

Gutted! Got to last boss on Wild Fang with one man....lost a man on him :(
Did it in 2 lives though...so thats pretty good. 1 Man clear may be too much to ask, but I was so close...

:)
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

SSF2X as it has been for a while,
thought i was actually getting good last night and got to akuma/gouki :D :awe: ,

but then realised i changed the difficulty setting to easy the night before :palm: :cry: even then his **** hard to beat

T Hawk and Fei long are such cheap **** basterds, dont think i'm ever going to beat this game on normal :(

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

geotrig wrote:SSF2X as it has been for a while,
thought i was actually getting good last night and got to akuma/gouki :D :awe: ,

but then realised i changed the difficulty setting to easy the night before :palm: :cry: even then his **** hard to beat

T Hawk and Fei long are such cheap **** basterds, dont think i'm ever going to beat this game on normal :(
i always play on the hardest setting on any SF game back when i first started collecting 10 years ago i would play most games on there default setting but then when i come to play a human player i got destroyed so i spent the next 8 years playing every fighter on its top setting.

after a while you just get used to it.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

kernow wrote:
geotrig wrote:SSF2X as it has been for a while,

Who are you playing as?
honda and ryu and every other character ,tbh it doesnt really matter i just die on them ,cammy is a bitch at times as well .i just need to learn some patience really.fei long is my biggest problem i lose to him more than anyone , i can beat him if i get him in the first or 2nd round but that rarely happens :think:
richy13 wrote:i always play on the hardest setting on any SF game back when i first started collecting 10 years ago i would play most games on there default setting but then when i come to play a human player i got destroyed so i spent the next 8 years playing every fighter on its top setting.

after a while you just get used to it.
i've done that for a while as well made no difference with me :lolno: i was always better at 2p than playing the computer ai, probably not anymore though.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
CHALLENGER
Please Continue...
eBay: alpha-romo_1980
Initials: OZ!

Post by CHALLENGER »

If you guys think sf is cheap, MK is even cheaper. All MIDWAY games cheat like nobody's business. Move your character to the left a bit, the computer moves back a bit. Move your character to the right a bit, the computer moves to the left a bit. Everything you do, make the computer do the opposite, evade etc. It's like you are controlling both fighters on the screen. Have you ever mis-wired your CP and when you hit FP both 1p and 2p throw an attack? Same thing. lol Yet one could argue that MK has a pattern more easy to exploit than SF.
SEGA BLAST CITY: Tekken 1-4 series
Dynamo HS-2: Street Fighter II: World Warrior
YAMASA SLOTS: TEKKEN
tony starks
Please Continue...
eBay: tone_starks
Initials: III

Post by tony starks »

thegreathopper wrote:
tony starks wrote:Finally 1cced Samurai Showdown/spirits :awe:
Excellent, who as?
Haohmaru, probably the easiest character to use for a newbie.
Starks is always out.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Played only 1 credit today... new Mushi high score :wtf:
losersclub
Please Continue...
Initials: HOD

Post by losersclub »

Played a few credits of Pink Sweets tonight, need to stop messing up at the end of stage 2 before i can acheive anywhere near a decent score :palm:

1 credit of Garou tonight as well :)
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

losersclub wrote:Played a few credits of Pink Sweets tonight, need to stop messing up at the end of stage 2 before i can acheive anywhere near a decent score :palm:

1 credit of Garou tonight as well :)
I don't see a post in the Pink Sweets high score thread :problem:
losersclub
Please Continue...
Initials: HOD

Post by losersclub »

Thats because my scores so far are shockingly bad sub 1mil :oops:

Will post one after ive put a bit more time into it!
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Metal Slug 6. Sure it's not a patch on 1, 2, X & 3 but the more I play it the more I like it.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

i quite like the bonus scoring system in 6, it has a lot more potential than the one in 4 and particularly fun in a 2 player game. the scramble for all the coins reminds me of the level 4 boss in 3 if both players get hit by the purple ray.

on topic - donpachi - making progress with the level 4 boss worked out how to get around the patterns, but the first part of the level is giving me grief.