Typical prices for pinball tables?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Molloy
Please Continue...
Typical prices for pinball tables?

Post by Molloy »

I was toying with the idea of getting an arcade cabinet for the last few years but I've decided I'm happy enough with TV, emulation and arcade sticks. What I'd really like that you can't replicate at home is a pinball table. There's a guy near me selling them I was wondering what sort of prices are typical? I've been quoted 950euro for a Robocop pinball. Not the prettiest or most sophisticated of tables though so I'd probably stretch to something nicer when I get the money together.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Typical prices for pinball tables?

Post by markedkiller78 »

Molloy wrote:I was toying with the idea of getting an arcade cabinet for the last few years but I've decided I'm happy enough with TV, emulation and arcade sticks. What I'd really like that you can't replicate at home is a pinball table. There's a guy near me selling them I was wondering what sort of prices are typical? I've been quoted 950euro for a Robocop pinball. Not the prettiest or most sophisticated of tables though so I'd probably stretch to something nicer when I get the money together.
prices are very table specific. £300-£3,000 seems to be the range. I did consider buying for a long time, but they are just so massive (and candy cabs > TV)
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

I you go to the distributors you're talking about £3499 for last years models, Priates of the Carribean, iron Man, Big Buck Hunter etc and £3995 for this years Tron, Rolling Stones etc. Those are NIB prices of course.

2nd hand I'd expect to pay about £1500 - 2000 for a good condition recent pin (read as last couple of years) and older pins as stated above differ wildly in prices depending on what titles you're going for. Want a Popeye you can pick it up around 500-700, want a Medieval Madness or Circus Voltaire you're still taling upwards of £3000 without breaking a sweat.

Hope that helps
People have the right to be stupid, but some abuse that privilege.
cthulhu
eBay: cthulhu_nl
Initials: RIP

Post by cthulhu »

I have a Tales from the Crypt Pinball Machine in reasonable shape that cost me about £1000. For good Pinball Machines from around the same time period this is quite a typical price...the better or more popular the Pinball Machine, the more expensive they get (Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Tales of the Arabian Nights etc.). Also the state in which they're in counts towards the end price.
My Arcade games

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
Molloy
Please Continue...

Post by Molloy »

I knew the popular classic ones and newish ones would be like 3 grand. I was just was wondering if there was anything old that was cheapish. Like Popeye is a lot more elaborate than Robocop. I'm not really interested in the simpler pre-dot matrix stuff. I'll see anyway. I've a hunch this hobby is a little bit rich for me yet. Maybe when I have a decent job.
tonybolony
Please Continue...
eBay: tonybolony70

Post by tonybolony »

Yer Pins aint cheap, i just let a few go recently, and all went between 650 - 1k+ newest title in the collection been a Stern T3