Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition Revisions

Coin-operated games and arcades.
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition Revisions

Post by capcomguru »

Ok so I was browsing Yahoo Japan tonight, and stumbled across a Soul Calibur 3 A.E. auction that included a Version A and Version B dvd. The different revisions of software was news to me. Come to find out, I got lucky and ended up with a Version B DVD, which I can only assume is more desirable. The only thing that googling "Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition Version B" turned up is the fact USA ONLY received Ver. B, and the USA release is EXTREMELY rare. Good news for me as I've got a USA ver. B :D

So here's the question- whats different between Version A and Version B? Is version A worth having?

Anyone have a copy of the Version A software? I'd love to trade a DVD-r with my Version B software!

I know Soul Calibur 2 has three revisions, A B and C. Version C being the most desirable because it has hidden characters, stages and play modes unlocked from first boot, rather than 35+ hours timelock. Is Version B soul calibur 3 merely a time-release-less version of SC3? Or is it simply bug fixes/engine tweaks?

I found a "feature list" for Version C soul calibur 2 which gave an overview of the new enhancements. Was there one of these for Soul Calibur 3?
http://www.coinopexpress.com/screenshots/_17070.html"