I went down to the arcade today...

Coin-operated games and arcades.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: I went down to the arcade today...

Post by geotrig »

what size screens are those cabs ?its very likethe cab our bowling alley in town had back in the early 90's running sf2ww and football champ! alsways wondered what size screen they where !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Everytime i look at the title of the thread, all i read is 'If you go down to the woods today' from the teddy bears picnic :? .
Thats what 2 days without smoking does to you :lol:
purplec

Post by purplec »

oh man we had cabs like that in the main arcade in dublin it was called "Barneys" I remember thats where I first saw xmen COTA
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

skykid wrote:Here it is, the pedo cave as it's now known thanks to Sven sullying its/my rep. :D

Not much but I like to call it home.
i guess thats montezumas revenge black label to the left there? :mrgreen:

pretty cool (and highly immobile) looking cabs tho, rare to find cabs in the wild with no apparent faults at this day and age (sadly)..
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

Thanks for the post skykid!

Made me remember when I came to the UK and went to Eastbourne and Brighton during summer - spent all my piggy bank's money in the arcades on the seaside on SF2 (I even remember having played a Red Wave version back then; though I did not know it until some years ago)

Ahhhhhh..well....memory lane :cry:
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.

Post by skykid »

sven666 wrote: i guess thats montezumas revenge black label to the left there? :mrgreen:

pretty cool (and highly immobile) looking cabs tho, rare to find cabs in the wild with no apparent faults at this day and age (sadly)..
MR is tucked just behind the Point Blank on the right. :awe:

They're completely immobile cabs, probably why they're still there. The housing is enormous - more so than you can tell from the pics. I think monitor size is the same as my E2, so 29".

I managed to get my 1CC on SF2 yesterday. Air fireballs... :think:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
jase

Post by jase »

Your lucky Brighton still has a few nostalgic gems, sadly theres none left on Great Yarmouth seafront. Oh hang on, there is a 4 player Simpsons cab on the Pleasure Beach. :awe:

I'll have to check out Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, I still remember being amazed by the first pics when they appeared in C&VG Magazine. :D
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.

Post by skykid »

jase wrote:Your lucky Brighton still has a few nostalgic gems, sadly theres none left on Great Yarmouth seafront. Oh hang on, there is a 4 player Simpsons cab on the Pleasure Beach. :awe:

I'll have to check out Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, I still remember being amazed by the first pics when they appeared in C&VG Magazine. :D
C&D's is great. It's a tough 1cc though, I can only reach the 4th stage at the mo and I have a feeling there's at least 6.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.