I think people have started to realize how crap SSFIV really is :awe: :palm:
Starks is always out.
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Re: SSF2T / 2X :think:

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Almost as crazy as the price of some neo geo games :?
maxio098ui
Please Continue...
eBay: maxio098ui

Post by maxio098ui »

kernow wrote:Has anyone noticed how this game is going for $300 for the US version, $200-250 for the JP version? In like the last week or two?

It's a great game but wtf happened suddenly? :think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ESELX%3AIT"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 97.c0.m619"

:wtf:
I know right. I saw an ad here or on shmups with a 2X board and he wanted 300. I thought he was joking. :lol:

But not funny I was planning on getting one of these :(
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.
Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi »

They were going for £50-70 until very recently. Don't feed the ripoff merchants, SSF2X still sells for about £40 in Japan.
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

So I guess it could be ppl trying to profiteer on the SFIV boom. right?
The screws used to seal up this cart are wood screws. Nobody is going to waste good wood screws on a bootleg, they'd just use cheap electronic screws instead.
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

Probably. Super Street Fighter II does sound a hell of a lot like Super Street Fighter IV if you are crap at reading :P
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

But MOMMMMMMMMM I WANTED THE XBOX VERSION!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
OMFG
Please Continue...
Initials: SGT

Post by OMFG »

kernow wrote:Has anyone noticed how this game is going for $300 for the US version, $200-250 for the JP version? In like the last week or two?

It's a great game but wtf happened suddenly? :think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ESELX%3AIT"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 97.c0.m619"

:wtf:
We've been discussing this over on that site you can't stand. The usual shenanigans occurred.

My main concern with that first one that sold for $399 is that the seller called it a kit when it was missing a lot of items.
My feedback on N-G.com:Click here!
Tetsuosan
Please Continue...

Post by Tetsuosan »

I might be the one to blame for the recent price hike. . .
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Tetsuosan wrote:I might be the one to blame for the recent price hike. . .

Why?
Tetsuosan
Please Continue...

Post by Tetsuosan »

Well it all started last year when we heard what the tougeki line up was for 2010. Myself, John Rambo, and DSP (Darksydephil) were trying to find a GMC A/B board and looking for a way to practice it on. The first place we looked was ebay and managed to win just the b board for 110 dollars shipped. Awesome only thing left for us to do was to find something to play this thing on.

I started signing up for forums and such looking for someone to either sell me a japanese SG or find someone to make us one. After many weeks of lurking I ended up finding a thread on SRK of a guy building superguns out of Hori Tekken 5 sticks. When he told me the price I was shocked. 500 dollars for one with what I was assuming was a JROK and an extension cable for player two coming out of the Hori's case. I understand that building these things can be a hassle, but I when I was searching around I started seeing candy cabinets come up for around 4-600 dollars. So I thought to myself why settle for a supergun when I can get a candy for a few hundred dollars more shipped.

At that time I ended up caving in and putting up a WTB thread on neo-geo.com to see if someone would sell me a cab and have it freighted to my house. A couple of hours after I made the thread a guy posts that he has an astro city with an almost perfect monitor for 600 dollars. I asked him how much shipping was and he said around 300 dollars. So 2 weeks later I get a phone call from the freight company saying that the driver was outside with my cab. I was kind of **** that the guy who sold me the cab didn't strap the cab at all to the pallet, so the cab was actually teetering on the pallet. I drive tractor trailers so seeing things like this really upset me especially since these things have fragile monitors and such.

So after bringing the cab up to a 3rd floor apartment and having to take the thing apart in pieces and reassembling it we started playing (Thanks to all who helped me on this forum since I had no knowledge about anything arcade hardware related :awe: ). In the mean time word started spreading around the tri state area that I had an actual arcade setup. So big name players from the East Coast starting showing up (Damdai, Chris Doyle, David Doyle, Nohoho, Marsgattai, XBL Brian, and some others I cant remember now).

So we practiced for about two to three months and July had finally arrived and we were on the plane heading to Antioch, Tennessee for the qualifier. John Rambo, Damdai, and Ghanelon win the qualifier and we had to help them practice to actually be able to compete with the japanese. Now while the qualifier was going on I was talking to a lot of people there about bringing ST back into the main stream, but I told everyone that the only way to play it is on CPS2. No console port since all ports of the game have some sort of issue with them. Actually one of the people I had talked to about doing this was Steve Tren the guy who sold the a/b combo for 400 dollars.

After we come back from Tennessee I was on the hunt to find another cab to replicate the setup they would be playing on to the T. Found another astro shipped to my house for 750 dollars. Got the cab but didn't even know where to start to hook them up. I came on here and ironically enough I found a member on here that lived in the same state as myself (It's weird to find him since this is a european based site). After talking to him about my setups he said he had a D&D link cable that he would sell to me. He modded it a bit to work the way we needed it to work and added two male kick harnesses so its super easy to hook up the harness to the two cabs.

After getting the cab I was talking to Rambo and told him I'm going to make a website that's just focused on ST. Around this time we started getting a lot of flack because of a post that Damdai made on SRK after he went to Evo. Snakeeyes won HDremix last year with Zangief, so David "Low Strong" Sirlin made a post basically comparing snake eye's performance to the likes of kuni and pony (Two top zangief ST players in japan). So when you look at the changes done to zangief in HDRemix you'll see the fault in sirlins claim. So I got extremely upset at the way we were getting treated on SRK that I went on bluehost and bought a domain name for out site. Trying to think hard of a name I had remembered an incident between david doyle and his brother chris doyle a few months earlier. David was playing damdai and both had low health. Davids got damdai cornered and is almost winning so chris is directly behind him telling him don't blow it. Everytime he would say it he would get closer to his brother and saying it louder. At one point he was yelling it in his face. Then david loses and he goes ah you **** blew it. So I managed to score the domain name dontblowthis.com. Since then we've managed to get new equipment to stream direct feed and run tournaments every other week at my house. Check out our website @ dontblowthis.com and our ustream page as well ustream.tv/dontblowthis. We're trying to be like Team Spooky for streaming arcade hardware.

So since dontblowthis's inception ST has been rising the ranks as a really popular game. Most if not all of the East Coast majors and some West Coast majors are offering it instead of remix and ST is here to stay. So here lies the problem everyone now is trying to get there hands on ST and it's in short supply in the US. So you have Steve Tren that absolutely loves the game and before the boom had several boards. Now that he sees the scarcity of the game is trying to make a quick buck out of it. Also we all know that Super Turbo is a lot more rare than X/Grand Master Challenge is so here in the states you can pay more than 100 dollars more for it.

Sorry for the long story I just wanted to give you guys back story on what's been going on in the past year
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Yeah, you're definitely to blame
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

I guess it is quite plausible. if demand rises then price does as well.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

Anyone want to buy a blue Euro SSF2T board?

ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS! :twisted:

Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahaha! Etc.
ImageImageImageImage
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Is this not the very same as the Japanese market with the way prices fluctuate and I seem to remember batrider gaining quite a bit as well at one point !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
maxio098ui
Please Continue...

Post by maxio098ui »

idc wrote:Anyone want to buy a blue Euro SSF2T board?

ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS! :twisted:

Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahaha! Etc.
I'll be on it in a day, probably.

kernow wrote:Richies is at 55 on ebay already :?
Wow this is already giving me a headache. #1 all those **** are gonna sit on this board forever and #2 when they sell them ask stupid prices on egay.
tony starks
Please Continue...
eBay: tone_starks
Initials: III

Post by tony starks »

Ahh well, what can you do eh, at least people are playing it again.
Starks is always out.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

tony starks wrote:Ahh well, what can you do eh, at least people are playing it again.
Yeah, but HSF2 is way funner. And the non-Japan versions don't rape you in 1P mode. :awe:
ImageImageImageImage
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

SSF2X is the king of the original Street Fighter IIs, no doubt about it. SSF2T having a premium because it is somewhat rarer and English, I can also understand.

The fact remains that you can still buy them for about £40 in Japan even today, and $300 is pretty much Street Fighter III: Third Strike territory.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

No one plays original ST on the West Coast.

If they did, I'd probably buy it...