I enjoy telling people their ads are absurd

Coin-operated games and arcades.
spike
Please Continue...
I enjoy telling people their ads are absurd

Post by spike »

Anyone else here like to see ads that are outrageously priced or misinforming, and then tell them about it in a nice (but not) way? I really love when someone sells a crappy machine for 1200, and I love telling them "your machine is about 1050 too high."

I mostly do it when they say things like "only needs a fuse", "normally sells for XXX dollars", or "this is the kind that takes money!!!", because they seem so damn condescending or flat out dishonest.

Am I the only son of a bitch here, or are there other fellow sadists that can relate?
JAMMArob
Please Continue...

Re: I enjoy telling people their ads are absurd

Post by JAMMArob »

Not relating to arcades, but I love seeing people try to sell a used computer for a LULZprice, then reference what they paid for it originally.

Ex: "Pentium 4 1.5GHz 25GB HD, 512MB RAM PAID $3000 NEW ONLY WANT $1000!!"
brentsg
eBay: brentsg
Initials: BSG

Post by brentsg »

The best is a reference to an item's price on YAJ. Usually it's some item that's been listed at a crazy price without selling for weeks or months.
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

JAMMArob wrote:Not relating to arcades, but I love seeing people try to sell a used computer for a LULZprice, then reference what they paid for it originally.

Ex: "Pentium 4 1.5GHz 25GB HD, 512MB RAM PAID $3000 NEW ONLY WANT $1000!!"
this...craigslist is bad for this

whats even better is 'dual core 4.6ghz'.....for a 2.3ghz dual core :palm:

i used to comment on peoples prices, and sometimes even argue about it :oops: , now if i really feel the need to comment or give a heads up that they are way over going rates, i shoot them a polite pm letting them know...they can choose to take it or not.....more often than not, they are at least appreciative of the heads up , even if they dont agree with the pricing

just by keeping it private you can often keep it civil....people tend to fly off the handle if they feel slighted in public, like in a forum thread

im over arguing with strangers about matters that really dont affect me in the slightest ;) i dont need the aggravation, and neither do they....i give them the info and thats that...at the end of the day people can ask whatever ungodly sum they choose for their items....
on the loose
Magic Knight
Please Continue...

Post by Magic Knight »

brentsg wrote:The best is a reference to an item's price on YAJ. Usually it's some item that's been listed at a crazy price without selling for weeks or months.
I often have it the other way around. For instance I was selling some Japanese-only MSX machines, and this plonker kept saying that they go on Yahoo for 5,000 yen, so I should sell them to him for $50. In the end I sold them for about three times the amount to someone else. The reason they're cheap in Japan is because there are so many of them. Same with FM-Towns games I was selling. "One ended on Yahoo for 8,000 yen, that's the going rate". So I told the guy that he should move to Japan, set up an account and a credit card and do the bidding himself if he wants it at that rate.

Works the other way too, as you said. Missile Command in Japan costs a fortune, as do many other early games, so I buy them from overseas.
unitone
Please Continue...

Post by unitone »

I find it unbelievable irritating when someone advertises something as rare and its not just "not rare" but very common.
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

I am guilty of asking question of eBay sellers just to verify that they are as full of crap as I thought they were :oops: :-P
-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
alphagamer
Please Continue...

Post by alphagamer »

I sometimes send ridiculously low offers to people who ask ridiculously high BIN prices on ebay.

One of them even accepted an offer I sent :shock:

So I got me a cheap MVS kit. Maybe he really did not know what his item was worth, and wanted to check out offers.
Our service is Fast, Good and Cheap (pick any two)
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

brentsg wrote:The best is a reference to an item's price on YAJ. Usually it's some item that's been listed at a crazy price without selling for weeks or months.
There are a few arcade sellers on YJ (no need to list names) that are very out of touch. There was a famous auction in the Saturn section w/ some decent titles (Shining Force series + Premium disc and a few of the rare shooters) and it was listed at 88,000 yen for years. I remember it being there before I moved to Hawaii. Pretty sure it was still up when I moved back. Was a little sad to see it go.

Anyway, there's no way to tell people their prices are awful than with sarcasm.
Casey120
The Fluffer
eBay: Tappygielen
Initials: CVW

Post by Casey120 »

There's a $650,00 sealed PS1 Dodonpachi on ebay for close to a year now .
I wonder why no one picked it up yet :think:
GaijinPunch
gay men guy

Post by GaijinPunch »

There's been a sealed on at Mandarke for 40,000 yen for at least 3 years. It's even gone from Nakano to Akihabara.