Where are all the Mortal Kombat Arcade PCBs??

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Bay78
Please Continue...
eBay: bay_78
Initials: Bay

Where are all the Mortal Kombat Arcade PCBs??

Post by Bay78 »

I don't know about you guys, but I remember going to the Arcades in the mid 1990's and playing some Serious Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.And I wasn't the only one, there were crowds of people just waiting which fatality was coming next. I've been really trying to get my hands on a copy of Mortal Kombat 2 for a while now. I can't find one anywhere. Street Fighter is everywhere, Mortal Kombat is nowhere lol. Where have all the Mortal Kombat PCB's gone? If somebody knows please fill me in as I'm lost. Not even Ebay has a Mortal Kombat 2 for sale. I am shocked! :wtf:
My Feedback 100%

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/itrader.php?u=33251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ebay = bay_78 100%
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: Where are all the Mortal Kombat Arcade PCBs??

Post by yosai »

I've got a UMK3 so that's one accounted for. :awe:

If you were UK based I'd sell it to you but postage would definitely kill the deal as it's a big board.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Bay78 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I remember going to the Arcades in the mid 1990's and playing some Serious Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.And I wasn't the only one, there were crowds of people just waiting which fatality was coming next. I've been really trying to get my hands on a copy of Mortal Kombat 2 for a while now. I can't find one anywhere. Street Fighter is everywhere, Mortal Kombat is nowhere lol. Where have all the Mortal Kombat PCB's gone? If somebody knows please fill me in as I'm lost. Not even Ebay has a Mortal Kombat 2 for sale. I am shocked! :wtf:
It was a big board IIRC, and had a seperate sound board..

I am guessing a good % have been destroyed/broken etc. It was never considered a rare board, and funny boards back then not considered rare, might eventually become rare!!

I remember in the late 90's there being 100's of MK PCBs, Primal Rage PCBs, Neo Geo etc.. but we live in a throw away society...
Say hello to my little friend...
tmcleroy
Please Continue...

Post by tmcleroy »

I picked up a Mortal Kombat PCB and audio board from a guy on craigslist for $20 a few weeks ago. I'm a Street Fighter fan myself though. Search around locally and on forums like these and you should be able to source some boards pretty easily. And as the guys above me stated, the board is pretty large, plus the requirement of the audio board makes it a bit more difficult to get it up and running unless you buy a package with all the cables and such included. My board came with the ribbon cable to connect the audio and main boards together but I had to ghetto rig the rest of the connections. If you can't get one with the necessary connection cables, standard IDE ribbon cables can be used in a pinch for the audio connections and the kick harness if you don't mind bending a pin or two. Good luck finding some boards.

Come to think of it, Jamma Boards sells MK board sets but last time I checked they were sold out http://www.jammaboards.com/store/mortal ... d_136.html"
Stv
Please Continue...
Initials: stv

Post by Stv »

UMK3 is all in one board, like NBA hangtime and wwf wrestlemania. less thank 1kg pcb.

mk1, mk2 and mk3 are like nba jam, with additional sound board and heavy.

the real deal is find an original mk1 board :( i see undred of mk1 boards but all s*** bootlegs :(
Bay78
Please Continue...

Post by Bay78 »

I was getting a MK1 board working from a local arcade a couple of months ago for $20! I went there on my lunch break and he told me that he couldn't sell it to me now because he just got a call from a location that he had a MK2 at and it had stopped working so he had to get that one up and running. So I missed out on that one. As for the big boards of UMK3 I know that. I see there is one for sale on ebay for $9.99 saying it doesn't power up. I'm wondering if that would be a issue with the board itself or the UMK3 eproms? I have a NHL Open Ice board which is the exact same. I wonder if I can buy that board for $9.99 and try it out on my NHL Open Ice board and just swap out the eproms on them??? Has anyone ever played around with that? 8-)
My Feedback 100%

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/itrader.php?u=33251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ebay = bay_78 100%
ReplicaX
eBay: xreplica_x
Initials: REP

Post by ReplicaX »

Stv wrote:UMK3 is all in one board, like NBA hangtime and wwf wrestlemania. less thank 1kg pcb.

mk1, mk2 and mk3 are like nba jam, with additional sound board and heavy.
MK3 was a single board, on Wolf Unit hardware. UMK3 is just a security chip and Eprom upgrade from MK3. There are many boards out there, alot of ppl just hold on to them.

I have a MKII Rev. 3.1, UMK3 Rev 1.2 and a MK4 Rev3.
Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | Vewlix L AMI | Medieval Madness RE
Arcade Tech since 1994
Bay78
Please Continue...

Post by Bay78 »

I take your one of the people "holding" on to your MK2?
My Feedback 100%

Ebay = bay_78 100%
ReplicaX

Post by ReplicaX »

Bay78 wrote:I take your one of the people "holding" on to your MK2?
When you own a dedicated there is no such thing as holding :awe:

As far as the NHL Open Ice thing. Each Wolf Unit game has a specific security chip apparently. The only games I've heard of ppl swapping successfully are the T-Unit/Y-Unit games. So MK/MKII/NBA Jam/Jam TE.
Arcade Tech since 1994
grobda
Please Continue...

Post by grobda »

theres a MK PCB on ebay now. not cheap tho

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mortal-Kombat-jam ... 0553140820"
grobda @ jammaplus.com, ukvac.com, shmups.com and arcadeotaku.com
tmcleroy
Please Continue...

Post by tmcleroy »

grobda wrote:theres a MK PCB on ebay now. not cheap tho

Not worth it IMO, especially if the sound board and connecting cables aren't included.
ReplicaX

Post by ReplicaX »

grobda wrote:theres a MK PCB on ebay now. not cheap tho

- Doesn't state the hardware type Y or T-Unit
- No Revision listed
- No Sound board
- No power or Ribbon Cable
Arcade Tech since 1994
Bay78
Please Continue...

Post by Bay78 »

I found a Mortal Kombat (working but has reset issue until coin is inserted), found MKII not working properly , found NBA JAM (works mint) I found all these locally for $80 total,and a UMK3 with marquee and dedicated cab wiring for $100. Which I think is a good price, I know the MKII sound board works. So I just need to find a MKII board.
My Feedback 100%

Ebay = bay_78 100%
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

A wide variety of MK pcbs just got listed on ebay...
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

Excellent games, I have MK2 and UMK3 pcb's and they're not going anywhere.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

^ Indeed. The only negative thing about them is having to remember the almost infinite amount of moves, fatalities and secrets.