Ever gotten a highly anticipated game and been disappointed?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
trev1976

Re: Ever gotten a highly anticipated game and been disappointed?

Post by trev1976 »

Not a massive MK fan but I enjoyed 9.. Fatalities were brutal though.
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
TheCb
Please Continue...
eBay: mybiddingwar
Initials: tcb

Post by TheCb »

8man on MVS. The gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. I still think it's an interesting game if for no other reason than its so damn strange.
ChurchOfSolipsism
eBay: knowledge-is-power-arm-yoursel

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou. After Daifukkatsu (which was also a bit of a let down... still hate the stage 5 lasers and all the stupid bullet-cancelling) was looking forward to a true Daioujou successor, but the game's visuals and audio are largely bland and while Daioujou's difficulty was somehow always manageable, SDOJ is just much too mean & brutal for me.
cocoron
eBay: dr_spengler
Initials: SRK

Post by cocoron »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: January 8th, 2019, 1:07 pm Dodonpachi Saidaioujou. After Daifukkatsu (which was also a bit of a let down... still hate the stage 5 lasers and all the stupid bullet-cancelling) was looking forward to a true Daioujou successor, but the game's visuals and audio are largely bland and while Daioujou's difficulty was somehow always manageable, SDOJ is just much too mean & brutal for me.
I was also way too much hyped and very excited for Saidaioujou, when it came out in 2012. I played it about one year later a couple of times and I felt it was less good and fun than any other of the DDPs. Way to difficult...
And yeah, too much neon in design for my taste and most of the later stage-musics felt boring. I miss the more rocky tunes :problem:
So I think DOJ is Cave's masterpiece in the series.
EOJ
eBay: NA

Post by EOJ »

SDOJ is just much too mean & brutal for me.
cocoron wrote: June 7th, 2019, 4:53 pm Way to difficult...
I think it's actually not too difficult (Shot/Laser) with Autobomb ON. I can 1CC it nearly every time I play now (only took me a month or two of practice to get to that level). Can't say that about most other CAVE games.

It is a difficult game in your first several credits, but the difficulty soon fades away after you take the (very minimal) time to learn some basic patterns in the stages. It's no harder than DOJ or Ketsui's first round, that's for sure.
Website: cave-stg.com | Twitter: @cavexstg | Youtube: eojx9999
ChurchOfSolipsism

EOJ wrote: June 9th, 2019, 5:13 am
I think it's actually not too difficult (Shot/Laser) with Autobomb ON. I can 1CC it nearly every time I play now (only took me a month or two of practice to get to that level). Can't say that about most other CAVE games.

It is a difficult game in your first several credits, but the difficulty soon fades away after you take the (very minimal) time to learn some basic patterns in the stages. It's no harder than DOJ or Ketsui's first round, that's for sure.
Maybe your shmupping skills are just greater than mine. I tried again and again to get into it, but to no avail. Also, the aggressively bland presentation (apart from the stage 3 music) just won't go away, no matter how hard i practice... I also strongly dislike autobomb, so I almost always swtch it off.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Well, his skills are pretty good ;)

Sometimes it's good to leave a game for a few weeks (maybe even months) and come back to it later.

I make the same mistakes over and over again even after hours of playing. I've 1cc'd shooters after taking a break and coming back to them.
ChurchOfSolipsism

That's some solid advice, the same is true for me (or rather, I got further than I ever had... I remember I once made it to the middle of stage 5 of DDPDOJ on one coin, which for me is sensational. I have never 1cc'd anything substantial... :lol: :cry: ). I've had years between attempts to get into SDOJ, with the same result every time. I guess it's just not my game. Whenever I fire up Mushimesama Futari, I have an absolute blast despite my mediocre skills. This, DDP and DOJ are Cave's best games IMHO.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

It still is