exA-Arcadia

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Unknownsou
eBay: unknownsou630
Initials: VAG

Re: exA-Arcadia

Post by Unknownsou »

lol yeah, if anything Dodonpachi is easier to see just due to the novelty of finally releasing Campaign Ver. But I'm really just trying to cling to this being the first part of a trio that includes Batsugun, DDP, and Battle Garegga.

In any case, though, I look forward to any and all of these games being re-released on arcade hardware that doesn't have absolute butt audio quality.
Ddshot
eBay: Camp-dea

Post by Ddshot »

Not sure about garrega tbh,we got the m2 port,not sure how exa can improve unless a total revamp,garrega scoring loop is sacred I wouldn’t mess with that
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

Batrider and bakraid neither have a port, both are highly modifiable gameplaywise too..

As for toaplan id love to see a remixed fixeight, that game has soooo much potential!
Last edited by sven666 on December 3rd, 2022, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Shamelessly stealing this from Arcade-Projects, but:

I hadn't really considered there'd be more from Toaplan down the road. Would be kinda cool to see Snow Bros for a bit of variety. In any case, sounds like there's a lotta good stuff ahead.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Unknownsou wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:59 am
Shou wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:52 am
Unknownsou wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:54 pm I keep forgetting to ask here, but I'm running into an issue with the Exa where on my TV, it runs at 2x speed or something like that once I launch a game. It seems like the actual logic is sped up. The sound is playing at the right speed, but gets out of sync almost immediately due to the games running too fast. That's at 1080p. If I try to run a game at 4K ,it slows way down to probably .5x speed. It's totally fine on my computer monitor, though. Anyone else experience this kind of problem?
First, check that your HDMI cable can do 4K60, older cables can only do 4K30. Change the refresh rate to be 60. Setting it over 60 will result in issues like this.
The cable can do 4K60, so we should be good there. As far as refresh rate, it’s set to 60 on the TV. I can’t remember if there was a setting on the exa for refresh, but I think that would’ve been the first thing I tweaked.
Refresh rate and an older HDMI cable for 4K is all that comes to mind for the symptoms you are describing.
The system is designed for 60hz only, higher refresh rates will not work correctly.
For example, if you play SDOJ on a CRT at 75hz, you will find it has strange behavior.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Unknownsou wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:13 pm lol yeah, if anything Dodonpachi is easier to see just due to the novelty of finally releasing Campaign Ver. But I'm really just trying to cling to this being the first part of a trio that includes Batsugun, DDP, and Battle Garegga.

In any case, though, I look forward to any and all of these games being re-released on arcade hardware that doesn't have absolute butt audio quality.
People mention Garegga a lot but it flopped upon arcade release and even today, the game doesn't do well for operators.
Top players sit on the machine for long periods of time paying only 50-100 yen a time.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Shou wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:58 am
Unknownsou wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:13 pm lol yeah, if anything Dodonpachi is easier to see just due to the novelty of finally releasing Campaign Ver. But I'm really just trying to cling to this being the first part of a trio that includes Batsugun, DDP, and Battle Garegga.

People mention Garegga a lot but it flopped upon arcade release and even today, the game doesn't do well for operators.
Top players sit on the machine for long periods of time paying only 50-100 yen a time.
Ah, right - I remember you mentioning that. Makes sense, and it’s probably the least exciting of the three anyway.
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Bought a new Exa game as a birthday present for myself. I'm not part of the cool kids club that's buying the new stuff like P-47, Touhou, or Samsho, but I did finally buy Strania EX. Took me long enough - Strania getting announced was what got me excited about the Exa way back in 2018, and G.Rev's one of my favorite devs in the genre... honestly not sure why I didn't buy the game sooner.

So, I'm excited. And I finally have a fully loaded Exa now! I'll catch up with some of the more ardent fans at some point.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

Where is everyone buying the exa system and titles?
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Unknownsou wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:51 pm Bought a new Exa game as a birthday present for myself. I'm not part of the cool kids club that's buying the new stuff like P-47, Touhou, or Samsho, but I did finally buy Strania EX. Took me long enough - Strania getting announced was what got me excited about the Exa way back in 2018, and G.Rev's one of my favorite devs in the genre... honestly not sure why I didn't buy the game sooner.

So, I'm excited. And I finally have a fully loaded Exa now! I'll catch up with some of the more ardent fans at some point.
Yeah I really been thinking about getting strania,looks so different to the usual bullet hell,let us know what you think
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

mirkvid wrote: December 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm Where is everyone buying the exa system and titles?
Direct from exa!easy from there web site
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Really been considering blazing chrome or princess madalin,just to change things up a bit
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

Ddshot wrote: December 10th, 2022, 4:22 pm Really been considering blazing chrome or princess madalin,just to change things up a bit
I'd go with Super Battle Princess Madelyn, honestly, even without having played it. Sounds like that game was a complete rework for the arcade, whereas Blazing Chrome is very, very similar to its console/PC counterpart. I had a chance to try the Exa version of BC at a Round 1, and I actually thought the arranged soundtrack was pretty lousy... and that's one of the big selling points. It's a fantastic game, but way harder to justify as an Exa purchase.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Yeah I hear you,well I have both on ps4,I like them both a lot,madalin is annoying as you can’t change the control settings wtf?how can a modern game not have that option?hoping exa has something cool planned be awsome to see another run n gun!but tbh I’m with exa for the shmups!
Power to the exa!
SpinalFeyd
eBay: ****
Initials: CCP

Post by SpinalFeyd »

Ddshot wrote: December 10th, 2022, 4:22 pm Really been considering blazing chrome or princess madalin,just to change things up a bit
Blazing Chrome is Good but a bit too long for an arcade game imo. The HighScore Screen had a bug but i'm sure they've fixed it by now.

It's always good to change it up now and then :)
SpinalFeyd
eBay: ****
Initials: CCP

Post by SpinalFeyd »

Would Distopia or D7 be worth making ?
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Some of the new artwork for Donut Dodo Do has been posted up 8-)

"Please contact the local attendant"
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Nice. That one looks like a lot of fun actually. If I was in the market for a budget title, that’s the one I’d go for ( I’m assuming it’s one of the cheaper ones.)

Treating myself to P47 for Christmas. Looks grand.
Unknownsou wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:51 pm Bought a new Exa game as a birthday present for myself. I'm not part of the cool kids club that's buying the new stuff like P-47, Touhou, or Samsho, but I did finally buy Strania EX.
I loved that game since it came out on XBLA. The Exa version is like a directors cut. It’s great. If I ran a casual arcade it would probably be the shmup I’d choose to put in location.

I was fortunate enough to get the LE.
drboom
eBay: devilscoot
Initials: DRB

Post by drboom »

I was thinking P-47 as well for my Xmas present. Good choice! Gonna be in Japan in January to early Feb and will be heading out to Club Exa to check it out (not to mention hitting up a bunch of other arcades). Would there be any good reason to pick up a kit while I am out there?
Unknownsou

Post by Unknownsou »

My copy of Strania shipped, and while I've been waiting here like a dunce for it to show up, I finally started playing Cotton Rock n' Roll in earnest. The game is super fun. It's bright and colorful and everything explodes into pastel colors for no apparent reason. It's actually a nice palate cleanser to have a game that's this immediately enjoyable to play. The arrange mode is pretty rad, too - it's about as bullet cancel heavy as anything I've ever played. If that mechanic does it for ya, you'll like it.

Also, the cut scenes are suuuuper anime, but in a good way. The aesthetic makes me wish we had a Puyo Puyo or Magical Drop game on the Exa.