Is there a Supergun that outputs component?

Everything Supergun related
barmskii

Is there a Supergun that outputs component?

Post by barmskii »

I was thinking that i'd quite like to get jamma games running in my converted minicute which has a VGA screen.

I have an upscaler which does a very good job with a component signal so thought if there was a supergun that would output component all i'd have to do would be to wire the controls in and i'd be ready to rock.

So does such a thing exist or am I pi**ing in the wind?

Cheers
Paul
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Re: Is there a Supergun that outputs component?

Post by penrhos »

I don't know of any - however I do have a JAMMA -> VGA upscaler that works quite well for most PCB's (not the funny sync ones).

I can run my PANA on my PC monitor or using VGA in on my LCD tv as I was having wierd sync issues running JAMMA boards via RGB scart.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Get a Jrok 4.1 it will take a normal jamma rgb signal and make it component, complete with sync cleaner. Runs about 90 bucks USD.
15khz upscaled is cheating
Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Post by Mayhem »

A video encoder from JROK or NeoBitz can give you an YPbPr component signal. It will however be a low resolution progressive signal, better check whether your upscaler can really handle that or if it only works with 480i/p.
Once I start I cannot stop myself
barmskii

Post by barmskii »

Thanks Guys

I'll look into it.

Cheers
Paul
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I’ve got a NeoBitz for my boardmaster. I’ve still not got round to fitting it for component. It’s one of the many things on the “to do” list :roll:
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Where is coming over to mine and having a look at my monitor on your "to do" list?
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

Retro_Boy_G wrote:Where is coming over to mine and having a look at my monitor on your "to do" list?
Near the top :?

I'm free before the football on Saturday, Friday night & Sunday most of the day if any of them suit.
Retro_Boy_G
AWOL

Post by Retro_Boy_G »

Sunday is good for me at some point. I'm off all day.
"Apologies to Mr Meg if this whole drama has people thinking you're some kind of SFIV prirate pimp." - Superpang
Mr-Megalo
Please Continue...

Post by Mr-Megalo »

markedkiller78 wrote:I’ve got a NeoBitz for my boardmaster. I’ve still not got round to fitting it for component. It’s one of the many things on the “to do” list :roll:
is that the one I sold you ? did you need to do anything besides add a CP to get it working ?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

Mr-Megalo wrote:
markedkiller78 wrote:I’ve got a NeoBitz for my boardmaster. I’ve still not got round to fitting it for component. It’s one of the many things on the “to do” list :roll:
is that the one I sold you ? did you need to do anything besides add a CP to get it working ?
Yes & dunno, never got round to getting it working :| As I say it's on the very long list of things to do...sigh

I am half tempted with taking a few days off work, but I'll end up farting about & achieveng nowt.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

markedkiller78 wrote:
Mr-Megalo wrote:
Yes & dunno, never got round to getting it working :| As I say it's on the very long list of things to do...sigh

I am half tempted with taking a few days off work, but I'll end up farting about & achieveng nowt.[/quote]

Hence why I have 3 cabs and 5 monitors in my room. :(
15khz upscaled is cheating
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

I hear ya. I was planning on tidying the house tomorrow & get ready for some cab changes, but now I'm going to the pub at 13.30 & probably won;t get home till Sunday when I'll just laze about.