Everything Supergun related
slapaham
Fits in the back of a Skoda

Help with Supergun cable connections...

Post by slapaham »

Would this be a suitable connection for my Vega supergun -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-Pin-S-Video-Min ... 1509wt_941

Vega Connections -

It says on Rikko Amuze that the video connection for this supergun is 9 DIN S-Video...

Also, it says on this site that there is a headphone jack - I'm assuming the socket marked up 'HD' on the back of the supergun is this socket and that to get audio to the TV you could use a jack to phono and plug it?

Any help would be gratefully received...

be nice to get it up and running using component (which, if this cable is suitable could be possible)
Getting out the game... Buy my cabs!!
slapaham

Re: Help with Supergun cable connections...

Post by slapaham »

It's unlikely the adaptor I posted in the original post will work due to conflicting signals... Also, I don't think it's the right connection type...

However, does anyone think this might fit?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-pin-Mini-DIN-Mo ... 392wt_1167
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

I don't know what vhf.s is supposed to be. But from the rgb plug you'll only get rgb. So if you want component you'll need to wire it into a j-rok (unless you can find another rgb to component board)

slapaham both those cables have the wrong plug. So neither of them will work

and well....try plugging headphones into the hd plug and see what happens.
slapaham

Post by slapaham »

Thanks Drakon

I've bought a different cable now which should hopefully work - I spent 3 hours last night researching so hopefully it'll pay off for me! :?
slapaham

Post by slapaham »

This is the cable I purchased...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 363wt_1167

I was talking to guy who sells a lot of different types of console cables - I think he produces them himself... what disconcerts me is that he said, when I questioned him about the video connection, that if I used the wrong cable I could damage the supergun or the TV - is this really possible? He said, the best way of getting the correct cable is to find the pin out for the supergun... however, finding that out is difficult as the RGB and S-Video connections are soldered directly to a video encoder... is there any other way I can find out the pinout for the Vega? Or does anyone know? Is there anyway I can multimeter the thing? Or am I just going to have to hope this is the right cable and give it a go? The item description seems to imply that the cable will work with a lot of Japanese systems such as Neo and PC Engine... and the guy I was talking to seemed to imply that a lot of superguns were wired to Neo pinouts...

Any advice will be gratefully received...
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Some of those PC Engine sytems he's listed there only came with RF output as standard...

If it were me I would run my own RGB/Sync connections from the Jamma edge connector (through resistors on the RGB if necessary) to any suitable socket that fits the din type hole and wire an equivalent scart/rgb lead to put in it. (or even replace the socket with one that fits a MD RGB cable)

Why go for component? The quality is pish, and will probably result in a black and white picture from NTSC...
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

pretty sure that cable won't work either but whatever
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

cant penrhos tell you the pinout for the vega?

doesnt he have/had a bunch of them?

cuz once you have the pinout you can just get yourself a suitable 9pin DIN connector and make your own cable....
on the loose
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

I've got 4 Pana's and the video plug is different to the one on the Vega. TBH I sold it as a shell and if I was working on it I'd rip the insides out and get a jrok encoder or RGB->VGA one and use that instead (at least it would work with an LCD TV properly then....
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).