Retro electronic Pro Supergun, no video/audio?

Everything Supergun related
1up
Initials: jbs

Retro electronic Pro Supergun, no video/audio?

Post by 1up »

Hi guys,

I bought a Retro Electronic Pro Gamer Supergun but I can't seem to get it working and I need some advice on how to proceed?

I use a generic chinese jamma power supply to give the supergun power through the screw terminals. I can see that it gets +5, -5 and +12v as the LEDs are lit when I power it on:
+5v and -5v LED is BLUE
+12v LED is RED

The onboard display reads 5.00v and 12.0v so I'm guessing it gets powered correctly? But I'm not getting a picture on my TV through SCART?

I can't find ANYTHING online where people have used a JAMMA PSU, they all use an PC ATX Powersupply, so I'm starting to think that if you use a JAMMA PSU that it only shows the picture/sound through the harness?

Last option is that my Neo Geo motherboard has gone faulty? But nothing happens when I turn it on. Not even a slight buzz/flicker on the screen?
Does anyone have any experience with this particular supergun?

My YouTube channel
Metal Slug Twin Galaxies WR holder
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Re: Retro electronic Pro Supergun, no video/audio?

Post by yosai »

Not used one prsonally but from their manual
The SCART socket:

The scart socket of the supergun essential retroelectronik is wired in audio and video.

Video wiring is in RGB (a SCART socket can be wired in composite or in RGB, RGB offering a much better image because it is carried on 4 separate wires instead of just one).

Be careful, some scart cables are simply not wired in RGB, check that yours is otherwise you will not have an image. Retroelectronik offers also cables guaranteed to work on our supergun
1up

Post by 1up »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did actually try with 2 different SCART cables that I have but they're cheap ones so most definitely not wired for RGB. I will order the SCART cable on their page and see if that solves it.
My YouTube channel
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

You could open up the scart head and check to see if the RGB pins are connected.

Also, even if it's not wired for RGB, you should still be getting audio.
1up

Post by 1up »

I'm an idiot... :oops:

I was using a SCART switcher before and now I just tried to connect the SuperGun directly to the TV and it works perfectly.
My YouTube channel