Everything Supergun related
SundayRoast
Please Continue...
eBay: retr0_l0ve
Initials: RST

3rd Strike console build, need some guidance

Post by SundayRoast »

Hey guys,

first off, I'm extremely happy I found this forum, everyone seems super helpful and the overall vibe here is just... well, good! :D

Now to my question(s):

I'm looking to get a consolized version of 3rd strike at home, as a cab is sadly just not gonna happen where I live at the moment. So a neat supergun like the Windy gaming ATP-400 looked really great, and then slap a CSP3 in a nice case on top and away we go.... maybe?

I just wanted to run through my ideas here and before I buy it all, maybe someone here who actually knows these things could give me a thumbs up, or call out the errors I made.

For the supergun, was thinking the Windy Gaming 400
And this for the CPS3 board
I got two custom controllers using the The Brook ps4 +audio board, both with a 6 button layout, would I need a kick harness for this?

Windy Gaming told me that PS4 controllers are not super great with the Windy Gaming 400, but I'm pretty sure you can switch the brook into PS3 mode, or at-least it's compatible with it. I was hoping that would work.

Is there a glaring error in this approach or would this work?

One last question about screens... is hooking this thing up to a new-ish televsion going to create lag and just nullify all the effort? Do I need an old CRT with a scart to make this approach worth it, is my question I guess..

That's a long post, so I'll stop here haha, thank you again!
M
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: 3rd Strike console build, need some guidance

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

My two cents: without a proper CRT there's no reason to splurge on original hardware to play 3rd Strike.

Also, the 3rd Strike EU server on Discord has helpful chaps.
Emulation's nice when done well
SundayRoast
Please Continue...
eBay: retr0_l0ve
Initials: RST

Re: 3rd Strike console build, need some guidance

Post by SundayRoast »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: September 16th, 2019, 11:01 pm My two cents: without a proper CRT there's no reason to splurge on original hardware to play 3rd Strike.

Also, the 3rd Strike EU server on Discord has helpful chaps.
That's what I thought, cheers for the quick reply!