Are there any Superguns that work with a Madcatz Fightstick

Everything Supergun related
Leprekaun
Please Continue...
Are there any Superguns that work with a Madcatz Fightstick

Post by Leprekaun »

Hi all. I'm trying to build a Supergun system for use with NAOMI2 hardware. I can find everything but the Supergun. I have a Madcatz Fightstick that I've dual modded to use for fighting games on PC, PS3 and X360, as well as added a Neutrik RJ45 jack which adds support for other consoles like Saturn, PS2, Dreamcast etc. So it got me thinking, are there any Superguns that I can just plug in the controls from my fightstick into it and use them this way?
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Re: Are there any Superguns that work with a Madcatz Fightst

Post by davewellington »

If you can get a connector to Neo Geo AES, you could use a Vogatek Supergun.
all your wiki pages belong to me
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

You could piggy back the terminals on the buttons and connect them to a supergun.
Jasen
Please Continue...

Post by Jasen »

You need something like the ETOKKI.com PSX-JAMMA converter. I haven't seen anything that does USB-->DB15. or USB to "grounding" type switches to use in a SuperGun. The flip side you could modify the TE and run a secondary grounding and button map to a DB15 connection for a SuperGun. Any SuperGun built to a "normal" spec will use the NEO-GEO button layout plus buttons 5/6. The closest universal stick I have found is my custom one that uses a case I produce that features a viewlix layout plus a mounting point for the PS360+, a USB Connector, and a DB-15 Connector. You can see what I am talking about here: http://www.thesupergun.com/tools/jasens ... anksticks/"
Jasen's Customs Arcade Art and Custom Printing and Cutting: http://www.jasenscustoms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheLastBandit

Post by TheLastBandit »

Should work with my new supergun if the stick correctly behaves as a Saturn or PS2 controller.

opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

undamned, over at the SRK forum has been developing a USB --> discrete signal board that can do what you're looking for.
He has incorporated it into his UD-CPS2 super-guns, which you can just connect your present day USB fight-sticks to.

A few of us have been bugging him to make this product available to supergun builders, as it would be a dream to not have to be confined to neo-geo or saturn controllers for superguns.

Whether this is going to happen is uncertain, but it would be fricken sweet if it did.
undamned
Please Continue...
eBay: undamned
Initials: UND

Post by undamned »

opt2not wrote:undamned, over at the SRK forum has been developing a USB --> discrete signal board that can do what you're looking for.
He has incorporated it into his UD-CPS2 super-guns, which you can just connect your present day USB fight-sticks to.

A few of us have been bugging him to make this product available to supergun builders, as it would be a dream to not have to be confined to neo-geo or saturn controllers for superguns.

Whether this is going to happen is uncertain, but it would be fricken sweet if it did.
Sneak peek:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/ ... mma-etc/p1"

-ud
"Sin and death's got the whole world gettin' illa, but I praise God for the Blood Spilla."
opt2not
eBay: n/a
Initials: OPT

Post by opt2not »

Niiiiiiice! This is exciting news!
Svovl
eBay: clemensnk
Initials: CNK

Post by Svovl »

This is great! Let us know when it is possible to buy some :-)