Everything Supergun related
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Sigma AV6000 Supergun overview - Lots of Photographs

Post by Paulie »

Sigma AV6000 Supergun overview.

AFAIK the Sigma AV6000 is identical to the Sigma AV7000 except for the paint job/ graphics and the controller ports. The AV6000 has two D15 pin controller ports and the AV7000 has two D13 pin connectors.

If anyone has more information regarding other differences between the two models then I would be very interested to find out what these are as the AV7000 is pretty much universally regarded as the best supergun of it's type available, but there is virtually no information on the AV6000 and yet they appear to be so similar.

So lets kick things off

Dimensions
Length 200mm
Width 95mm
Height 120mm

Weight
2KG

Box
Just a simple cardboard box. The word sigma is printed in blue on the top of the box and on the front the sigma logo/ symbol again is printed in blue and there's a bit of Japanese writing too. The outside of the box is white and it's inner is brown. On the inner lid of the box is a small piece of paper but this is almost all in Japanese, so if anyone can translate this PLMK.

Label (inner lid of the box)

Front
This is where the connector for the proprietary keyed Sigma loom is located. Also it has text that denotes the model and all of the Superguns features except for the +5V adjustment pot.

Back
Nothing to see here.

This is where the (ST/MO), (HD), (RGB), (CBC) and (VIDEO VHF-S) are located

(ST/MO) Stereo / Mono switch

(HD) headphone jack

(RGB) RGB output. (Important Japanese Sigma scart leads are wired to the Japanese standard pinout and not the European standard pinout). The European scart pinout is exactly the same for the AV6000, AV7000, Raijin and the VEGA 9000DX which is sold here http://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sigma-av7000"

(CBC) Colour burst correction, adjusts colour hue and intensity which sharpens the image.

(VIDEO VHF-S) AV output

Bottom
Other than 4 rubber feet and some vents there's not a lot to see. You can see through the vents that it has a switching power supply 110V / 220V (When I bought this it was set to 220V and has been wired with a UK plug)

Left hand side
This is where the (JOY1), (JOY2) ports and the (BRIGHT) knob are located.

(JOY1 & JOY2) ports are D15 pin controller ports. This means the AV6000 is a little bit more versatile (out of the box) when it comes to controllers compared to the AV7000. You can use the Sigma 8000TB stick, or any Neo Geo stick or pad (obviously these only have 4 buttons + start & select which are used for P1 and coin) or a PS2>Neo Geo adapter and then use any PS2 stick or pad. Where I believe with the AV7000 you can only use the Sigma 9000TB stick (out of the box). Of course if you have the skills you could hack/ mod a stick for either supergun. I have read that Sigma's sticks are some of the best sticks made for home use but I have not seen either 8000TB or 9000TB sticks in person, let alone used one, but they look almost identical to each other from the photographs I have seen. Remember that they are not interchangeable out of the box due to the connections being different. The only other differences that I can see are that the blue and green buttons are opposite and all eight of the 8000TB buttons look to have an autofire function where as the 9000TB appears to have six buttons that have an autofire function and two buttons that do not.

(BRIGHT) This adjusts the brightness

Right hand side
This is where the (POWER SW), +5V adjusment and the power cord are located.

(POWER SW) on/off power switch, a small red light comes on when the unit is switched on.

(+5V adjustment pot) There is a small hole within the recess is an unmarked white pot which is the +5V adjustment pot

(Power cord) This non detachable, as you would expect this is hard wired in the power supply.

Instruction sheet

Loom (note service menu switch)

JAMMA edge connector (parts side)

JAMMA edge connector (solder side)
AV cable

Fingerboard (parts side)

Fingerboard (solder side)

Pinout

Scart cable (Japanese one pictured)

AV cable

Sigma 8000TB Super Pro Stick (I don't have one of these sticks but if you do and it's for sale/trade drop me a pm)

Insides sorry they are not the best but I didn't want to take the pcb out as it all looked pretty tight in there.

The AV6000 in action (sorry for the poor photography)

Finally one for Ralph, well it's a PSiKYO game so I guess there all for Ralph ;) & Richy
Last edited by Paulie on March 20th, 2012, 6:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Re: Sigma AV6000 Supergun overview

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Nice one P!

Can't wait to see her nekkid :oops:

Ooooh, nice high score table too :awe:

Cheers,

Ralph.
mendo
Please Continue...

Post by mendo »

Nice post. I have the av 7000 and with 2 tb9000 sticks, only 6 buttons have auto fire because the 2 blue face buttons are coin and start.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Steal for wiki? :awe:
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

I have now added pictures of her gizzards as requested, you grizzly bunch! see the 1st post :)

Also I'm in the middle of putting an overview of the VEGA 9000DX together so hopefully I'll get a thread going with that tonight :) I'll do it exactly the same as this one.

Finally I've started another related thread "list of Japanese superguns and infomation" if anyone can contribute then please do so as these little boxes of fun are woefully under represented here on AO so hopefully we will be able to change that ;)
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19661"

Hugs n kisses
P :awe:
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: Sigma AV6000 Supergun overview - Lots of Photographs

Post by zumbito »

I know this is an old thread but a couple of those Sigma sticks have fallen into my hands, and was wondering is they are also compatible with MS and AES boards. Also want to make them PC compatible (externally) don't want to mod them inside, so also related to previous question, do they have the same pinout as Neo Geo Ones?