Problems with Colors on Sunset Riders Board

Everything Supergun related
man9child
Please Continue...
Initials: PJG

Problems with Colors on Sunset Riders Board

Post by man9child »

Hi. I'm using a DIY supergun I built with a neobitz video encoder. I only have two pcbs, Strider 2 (which runs fine) and a recently acquired Sunset Riders that has all sorts of video problems.

I reseated the socketed chips and have checked the board over for bad connections or cut traces. I didn't see anything obviously wrong.

The best way I can describe the problem is that the colors aren't inverted, or negative, but it's sort of a similar effect. All of the colors are off, and it's almost unplayble as is. There are a lot of neon greens, blues, and pinks. I have pots on my RBG lines, but there's no way to get the color in the right ballpark. Also, ocassionally when I power on, it appears as if the hold is off, and the vertical hold is off.

My question is twofold. One: Is Sunset Riders prone to having problems with a neobitz encoder? If so, would adding a JROK Sync Cleaner help?
and Two: If that's not the reason, is there a common fault that would affect the colors on the game?
SuperDeadite
Please Continue...
Initials: ETP

Re: Problems with Colors on Sunset Riders Board

Post by SuperDeadite »

Neobitz sucks for JAMMA. Great for Neogeo, but not meant for a standard JAMMA rig...
As for the board, it's Konami, some konami boards are known to be really picky about what
TVs they like. My Xexex for example will only sync properly on 1 of the 4 different CRTs I've tried it
with.
Stronger then your average deadite.