Yahoo Auction Bad Seller List V1

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Yahoo Auction Bad Seller List V1

Post by Monstermug »

I'm sure quite a few of you buy from Yahoo Auction and have come across some dishonest sellers or sellers who just sell conversion stuff or list stuff as working but they obviously don't because of missing components etc.

I'll try and update this opening post as often as I can.

List...

pcb_archives-san - sells conversion roms (mostly sega 16/18) but pcbs are always conversions.

Jasonmelaniebarry_2000 - not dishonest per say but doesn't really tells the truth. Hides important facts.

Mengxiangjia9328 - Sells faulty stuff as working. Avoid.

Namazu_4278 - Sells faulty stuff as working. Takes screenshots from internet and claims working. Avoid

scramble1982 - Passing on conversion as originals. Also often bumps auctions with second account.

Yamatoku_office - bumps auctions with second account.

isikawagrom - sometimes sells converts without specifying it

hiyoko_studio - sells converts, but he specifies it

g_collectionjp -sometimes sells converts without specifying it

daniel3tb - sometimes sells converts without specifying it

kogi415 - sometimes sells converts without specifying it

jujuyokointokyo (aka GreatFiveAura on eBay) - sells the same items on YAJ and eBay, but doesn't send them if they're sold elsewhere and doesn't refund.

wzshv72401 - Sells conversion without actually stating it. When this guy says junk, they are really and truly junk. Like dead customs impossible to fix kinda junk.

ecolo_tokyo-san - Junk stuff is really and truly junk with this one. Don't expect untested stuff to just work :lol:

aqpuf03796 - Sells broken stuff as working. I.e No sound on pcb and shows pictures of it working. Obviously you can't see if sound is working from pictures :lol:

Taupaipai3636 - Sells conversions saying it's original.

tetsu_1988_cocktail - sells copied arkwrok as original.

Lets keep this rolling!
Last edited by Monstermug on December 20th, 2020, 4:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: Yahoo Auction Bad Seller List V1

Post by phillv85 »

Yamatoku_office is the same seller as yamatoku_classic on eBay. Horrendous shill bidder. I had a super Famicom cart run up to my max bid with 14 different bids the other day. Had problems with them shilling on eBay as well.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Avoid collectors_king on Ebay. Ships damaged items and doesn't even pack them well. If you bring it up he'll call you a liar, claim that asking for a refund is "rape" and then boasts that his packaging is excellent and that he's a power seller extraordinaire. Just check his feedback for further proof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Monstermug wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:40 pmJasonmelaniebarry_2000 - not dishonest per say but doesn't really tells the truth. Hides important facts.
This is one of the many aliases of STV, aka

https://from-japan-retro-sale.myshopify.com/
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: August 30th, 2020, 6:50 am Avoid collectors_king on Ebay. Ships damaged items and doesn't even pack them well. If you bring it up he'll call you a liar, claim that asking for a refund is "rape" and then boasts that his packaging is excellent and that he's a power seller extraordinaire. Just check his feedback for further proof.
Adols
parodius
eBay: parodius

Post by parodius »

Jan wrote: August 30th, 2020, 1:33 pm Adols
Oh they're still around ?
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

I just wanted to keep this Yahoo Auction only atm. Ebay/paypal both has buyer protection which at least you can get some form of compensation if item is not described. Feel free to list ebay too though. It's also nice to know.
Layer

Post by Layer »

Bad sellers / sellers to avoid from YAJ :
- isikawagrom : sometimes sells converts without specifying it ;
- scramble1982 : sells converts without specifying it ;
- jasonmelaniebarry_2000 : sometimes sells converts, but he specifies it ;
- hiyoko_studio : sells converts, but he specifies it ;
- g_collectionjp : sometimes sells converts without specifying it ;
- daniel3tb : sometimes sells converts without specifying it ;
- kogi415 : sometimes sells converts without specifying it.
- jujuyokointokyo (aka GreatFiveAura on eBay) : sells the same items on YAJ and eBay, but doesn't send them if they're sold elsewhere and doesn't refund.
Ali710
eBay: loyalforthegame9
Initials: ALI

Post by Ali710 »

nem wrote: August 30th, 2020, 10:29 am
Monstermug wrote: August 29th, 2020, 6:40 pmJasonmelaniebarry_2000 - not dishonest per say but doesn't really tells the truth. Hides important facts.
This is one of the many aliases of STV, aka

https://from-japan-retro-sale.myshopify.com/
That website not good seller?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Well, he's banned on the forum:

viewtopic.php?t=9550

Take that as you will.
Ali710
eBay: loyalforthegame9
Initials: ALI

Post by Ali710 »

I never bought from him, I’m just asking coz his prices are really exaggerated ( my opinion).
Monstermug

Post by Monstermug »

He was selling full cave kits for £500 ish back in 2012 (about the same time he got banned from Shumps forum for just buying everything and inflating prices). I've been told he bids on everything and inflates prices on yahoo too. Still, I still don't think its as bad as sellers deliberately trying to conn you outright (hence this yahoo list). I've been sold photo copied artwork on yahoo before. I mean who in their right mind wants to buy photocopied artwork :roll: Its deliberate and just downright low imo.
RoZioN
Initials: ASH

Post by RoZioN »

Flipping is one thing, moving serialnumbers around to create full kits is something else.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

I read somewhere that this STV guy was even infamous amongst PCB shops in Japan since he hung around at opening, bought the good stuff and then just relisted it on his site a couple of hours later.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I think I recall someone saying he was banned at one point from at least one of the shops :roll:
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Apparently he used to wait outside on sale days and just buy all sorts from MAK and G-Front. At least that's what I've read on the forums.

Edit: In his defence, those shops had an online service like it was 1994, used to ignore non-Japanese speakers via e-mail and were generally as inaccessible as they could make it. It's not like he was denying foreigners the chance at cheaper games direct.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Well yeah, it's not criminal or anything. Just that anyone could do it but people still didn't, for you know, not being an asshat.

But sure, if he want's to wear that label on his head...
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

You're just jealous :awe:
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

He is a reseller like many other in Japan. That is actually his way to make a living. Why not?
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

geosnow wrote: June 27th, 2021, 4:51 pm He is a reseller like many other in Japan. That is actually his way to make a living. Why not?
It’s legal... he can and apparently does... it’s still disingenuous at best, raises prices, and is generally negative for the community overall.

We don’t have a right to fairness, decent prices, or good faith sales, but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be annoyed at cynical and often objectively shady practices.

There are some sellers, plenty on here, who make a living while still being of overall benefit to the community at large, and there are certain sellers who... erm... aren’t of any benefit to anyone but themselves, shall we say.