Don't buy from Arcadeforge.de

Business sales and auction links.
Forum rules
Please read the rules (updated 1st March 2014) before posting or your thread could be deleted!
Threads are purged after 90 days.
vaanen

Don't buy from Arcadeforge.de

Postby vaanen » July 23rd, 2017, 12:58 pm

Hello, so i'm sorry to bother you all but i must warn you : don't buy from arcadeforge.de. I had terrible experience with them and don't really know what to do. Here's what happened
Basically, i paid for an UMSA, a device to convert VGA to SCART a while ago and it stopped working after only 2 weeks of usage. I contacted them, they took horribly long to just ask me what's happening, asking me to wait "3 to 5 days" between each emails. I provided them every proof needed (pictures, we troubleshooted it) and then they asked me to send it back "in cheap box letter, no value" as instruction. They live in germany so the shipping fee was pretty expensive, i told them i did not really have much money (i had serious issue with customs and a broken PVM20L5 which made me lose a lot of money, barely had enough for eating) and i was kind of **** off that i had to pay almost half of the original price just to get it fixed (i did not say that), but they did not want to take in charge the shipping back.
In the end i decided to just ship it back, and i told them. They received it the 24th june I waited, waited, and then nothing. I asked them again, he anwsers finally and says "he was sick" and that my message was lost which is weird because i don't really see the correlation (messages still get received, sickness or not) and i have not sent one, but at least 3 messages. I thought ok, well here are the infos again ! I sent everything back again, and no answer. I contacted multiple times again and again, no answer.

I thought it was so weird, and see their facebook page is pretty much active so they do not seem in vacations. So i tried to contact them there. They answered here only after i posted it publicly. They asked me for "more information" again and when i gave them, again, they stopped responding, well, again. I then tried to post publicly "again" and they litteraly blocked me, and sent as last message "we have vacation and work not on weekends. So you get in touch with a wrong name and no order number?", something i can't answer cause they blocked me, when i contacted them almost a week ago and gave them everything through email and through facebook messages. I don't know what the hell they're talking about the wrong name, i have a different name on facebook but i gave them my real one on facebook also.

I did not ever insult them ever or ust bad words, ever. I was very polite all the time. I don't understand why they did that. I paid almost 50 euros for an UMSA, a hardware to be able to show VGA signals on a CRT, i paid almost half to ship it back, and now they have my money and my non working UMSA. It's been more than a month now and they are not intending to do anything about it.

By the way i can provide every proof of it (they are here removed, you can see in the end that i can't send fb message or post anything on their wall). I have the email exchanges . I have pictures of them deleting my posts and blocking me on facebook. I even have a video of me posting the UMSA and the tracking number, which luckily i did because i'm used to exchange stuff with forum member and that's a precaution measure i always do. I'm **** as hell because i don't understand how, and why a company screw over customers like that for litteraly no reason. I don't know what to do so i fugured out the last thing to do was to post about it publicly. Because my PVM 20L5 has been damaged during shipping, i can only play on my normal CRT and this device was supposed to do it but i can't anymore. I just wanted to play my arcade games on my crt... that's all i wanted to do

TLDR : The device was poor quality and stopped working after two weeks, they asked me to send it back which i did. After that, they stopped responding, and more than a month later after receiving it, they blocked me everywhere where i tried to ask politely for more informations and on what's happening.

EDIT : someone on reddit said that him and their friend had similar experience https://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/ ... ?context=3

EDIT :2 : well, someone else on shmup said also they had similar experience with a SLG-3000 http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p1265179

EDIT 3 : well, more and more people are saying they had similar experience everywhere i posted. I guess this was definitely not a one time thing but just how this company works
Last edited by vaanen on July 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
opo55um

Re: Don't buy from Arcadeforge.de

Postby opo55um » July 23rd, 2017, 1:33 pm

hey, i know the owner from arcadeforge and can say thathe is nota scammer or somthing like that. sometimes he need a little bit more time to reply becaus of his normal job! he is super busy!
i will contact ihm for u and send him ur text. i hope hewill respin quick.

ps, all my buissness that i have with him was allways super nice! he have done all i want for not big money in super quality!
Jan
Bassline Crew
eBay: ebay

Postby Jan » July 23rd, 2017, 1:35 pm

sucks.

1.) pay with PayPal or Credit Card
2.) never ship anything back without tracking no.
A paranoid schizophrenic walks into a bar...
vaanen

Postby vaanen » July 23rd, 2017, 2:45 pm

@opo55um

Well, i've waited for 1 week between each email (the whole process of troobleshooting it and getting all the informations took litteraly months) and one month after sending it back, and now they litteraly stopped answering to my emails and they blocked me on facebook. I don't think not waiting enough is the issue here. I want to find an excuse for why he acted like this, but i can't find any.

Thank you for your help by the way, it's very nice

@jan

I did pay through paypal so i just filed a claim, thank you for this. I shipped with tracking though, and i gave them the tracking number and it didn't help much.
Last edited by vaanen on July 23rd, 2017, 3:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jan
Bassline Crew
eBay: ebay

Postby Jan » July 23rd, 2017, 2:48 pm

Well done, you should be fine then ! :thumbup:
vaanen

Postby vaanen » July 23rd, 2017, 4:45 pm

by the way, someone on reddit said he and his friend had similar experience so that says a lot https://www.reddit.com/r/cade/comments/ ... ?context=3

EDIT :2 : well, someone else on shmup said also they had similar experience with a SLG-3000 http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p1265179

this was not an isolated case
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Postby mufunyo » July 23rd, 2017, 4:50 pm

I think there are multiple threads about this on AO (or was that ArcadeShop.de?), as well as ArcadeForge having bootlegged invzim's JVS-PAC and subsequently refusing to pull the product after being confronted about it. Jochen's a weird guy, seems outwardly friendly at first but after a while it becomes clear he doesn't give a **** about anything or anyone.
spmbx

Postby spmbx » July 23rd, 2017, 6:28 pm

Didn't really have big problems but wasn't too impressed with how they handled problems. I basically just gave up and sold their stuff on (wasnt broken just not really up to spec by design)
vaanen

Postby vaanen » July 23rd, 2017, 8:26 pm

Tss

Return to “External sales”