YAJ Proxy Services - Head to Head!

Business sales and auction links.
Forum rules
Please read the rules (updated 7th March 2018) before posting or your thread could be deleted!
Topics are automatically pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
rotheblog
Re: YAJ Proxy Services - Head to Head!

Post by rotheblog » November 22nd, 2018, 1:58 am

Would anyone be willing to take the time to update this comparison? I'm trying to understand these proxy services now, and am actively looking through this site for additional perspectives from folks that have used them.

nem

Post by nem » November 22nd, 2018, 3:03 pm

I used Shopping Mall Japan earlier this year. $4 flat fee per item, plus bank transfer fees and internal postage. They offer different options for external postage (ie. from them to you) which I like. Not everything needs to be shipped by EMS. I used SAL.

You have to put down a deposit for the service. They give you a ~6x multiplier for it, so a 50 USD deposit gets you a 30,000 JPY max bid.

I was happy with the service.

Layer

Post by Layer » November 23rd, 2018, 7:36 am

rotheblog wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 1:58 am
Would anyone be willing to take the time to update this comparison? I'm trying to understand these proxy services now, and am actively looking through this site for additional perspectives from folks that have used them.
Recently, Fromjapan has allowed the possibility of bidding via Paypal, this means you have no deposit amount to place, and if you lose the auction you would have nothing to pay.

garrz32

Post by garrz32 » November 23rd, 2018, 12:44 pm

I use FromJapan, not sure if they're the cheapest for this service but the following points sway it for me

They will mark the parcel as gift and their site lets you mark the value down on the items you have bought. This is a no brainer for me.

Customs can lick my hairy balls :awe: