YAJ Proxy Services - Head to Head!

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: YAJ Proxy Services - Head to Head!

Post by zak »

markedkiller78 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:05 am It’s not the import charges, it’s the handling fee I have issue with.

If one of them allowed you to pay the import charges up front, that would be the perfect set imo.
You can get around this if you select Fedex shipping.

Fedex will waive the £12 handling fee if you use this template:

http://blog.adamowen.co.uk/dont-pay-fed ... ment-fees/
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Well, from now on you can add the vat when you take 1:1 yahoo sales prices as a basis for price evaluation for games in the EU. Good for everyone that pays their actual vat.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Won't just be VAT on yahoo items soon... :palm:
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

No worry’s, exchange rate will be killing it in the first place.

Probably for all of us, maybe a bit longer for you brits though
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I just got an email from buyee stating they changed their fee from 5% of the item price to 300 yen per order. FJ must have been killing them.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

According to their website this week, FromJapan is now charging 15% tax on all shipments to New Zealand. What's worse, though, is that along with this change, if you live in NZ and order items through FJ they no longer allow you to adjust the value on the customs form.
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

zak wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:36 am
markedkiller78 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 9:05 am It’s not the import charges, it’s the handling fee I have issue with.

If one of them allowed you to pay the import charges up front, that would be the perfect set imo.
You can get around this if you select Fedex shipping.

Fedex will waive the £12 handling fee if you use this template:

http://blog.adamowen.co.uk/dont-pay-fed ... ment-fees/
No idea if this is bad luck on my part, or if Fedex have finally realized they're receiving thousands of variants of the same template, but Fedex have just refused to waive the £12 for me today.

I'm particularly irritated, as they also gouged me to high heaven on the VAT too :mad: Somehow, they charged over 30% of the full (shipped) price - even though the total was marked down 25% by FromJapan. This seems to be a bit of a running pattern with Fedex (at least in my experience). When I have been charged by Parcel Force - the VAT does at least always seem to come to 20% (using a semi-sane conversion rate).

Moral of the story: rancor and EMS for life!
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Grinning Cat wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:53 pm
I'm particularly irritated, as they also gouged me to high heaven on the VAT too :mad: Somehow, they charged over 30% of the full (shipped) price - even though the total was marked down 25% by FromJapan. This seems to be a bit of a running pattern with Fedex (at least in my experience). When I have been charged by Parcel Force - the VAT does at least always seem to come to 20% (using a semi-sane conversion rate).
They did this to me too (order was from China). They kept sending me warning letters about not paying the bill. I told them that I'd be happy to pay the bill, but 20% of £30 total is not £25. Took a month, but they finally calculated it correctly.
Grinning Cat wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:53 pm Moral of the story: rancor for life!
8-)
Grinning Cat
eBay: N/A

Post by Grinning Cat »

zak wrote: February 4th, 2020, 7:09 pm
They did this to me too (order was from China). They kept sending me warning letters about not paying the bill. I told them that I'd be happy to pay the bill, but 20% of £30 total is not £25. Took a month, but they finally calculated it correctly.
I haven't paid yet, so maybe that should be my next play ;) Probably have nothing to lose, at this stage...well, except perhaps Fedex jail :lol:
levellevelup
Banned
eBay: cafferohr
Initials: TTT

Post by levellevelup »

I am using zenmarket for a while now, great service and such, only 300yen per order (oh and on multiple items even from same seller btw),
BUT, they charge you not only the 3,5% payment fees they claim ie. when you deposit 100.000 yen (844 €), rather they charge you 908,50€ in total!!

This means not only 3,5% (29,50€) as they claim but 35€ on top of that!! Shady AF !!!
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

I wouldn't sign up to any that require a deposit after those thieving **** at SMJ stole my deposit under the guise of an inactive account.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Just used a proxy service for the first time in years. How are Fromjapan making any money? I wish fees were this cheap back in the day.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

FromJapan are ace at the moment
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I used Buyee recently with the 'lite plan' which opts out of all extra services such as 'inspect items and take photo'

This was fairly smooth - although the FedEx shipping is expensive at the moment.

30 day free storage

2 large books 500g + 900g

Service Fee 300 yen + Payment Fee 200 yen
Package Consolidation Fee 500 yen ( ??!!!) still cheaper than shipping two parcels.
international shipping 4,000 yen ( arrived in 3 days )
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

FromJapan are excellent. I've been using them a lot, and always ship surface.

Sneaky UK tax tip:
FromJapan allow you to alter item values as long as it's to no less than 70% of the actual purchase price. On the shipping confirmation pages there's a value figure next to each item. Just delete a number and it will automatically recalculate to 70%.

If your parcel contents are under £135 (which is now the limit of the seller's responsibility to add tax) and you have NOT ticked gift it now goes through UK customs without charge.

This means you can currently get about 31,000 JPY of stuff in a parcel, mark it down by 30% and then slip it past the taxman.

I've not used it yet but the small packet option by SEA for only $10 is a great option for something like an MVS cart or two. With FJ's cheap fees and a favourable JPY exchange rate atm it's pretty affordable.

Just a shame YHA PCB auctions go totally bonkers. :awe:
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

jimmerd wrote: August 17th, 2022, 1:15 pm I used Buyee recently with the 'lite plan' which opts out of all extra services such as 'inspect items and take photo'

This was fairly smooth - although the FedEx shipping is expensive at the moment.

30 day free storage

2 large books 500g + 900g

Package Consolidation Fee 500 yen ( ??!!!) still cheaper than shipping two parcels.
international shipping 4,000 yen ( arrived in 3 days )
Update: Buyee have now removed the Payment Fee and Package consolidation fee, leaving just the Service fee
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Sounds like they've matched prices with FromJapan.
SuperPang wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:40 pmHow are Fromjapan making any money?
It's crazy

They seem to get a kickback from Rakuten due to the regular discount offers but there's never anything like that for auction sites. If there is it'd be tiny.

Here's a good example: A couple of months ago I received this spinner.

Superbly packaged by FJ, shrink-wrapped to some strong cardboard that's neatly folded into a box shape and then fitted snuggly into a strong outer box.

FromJapan's receipt:

Their cut is the plan fee of 300JPY (the payment fee there is associated with YHA) for a mix of automated and manual services..

Handling deposit
Bidding on item
Receipt and storage
packaging (including material cost)
Export
Website updates all along the way

For two quid!
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Will they export cabs??

Anyone with experience on a ballpark figure?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/help/logistics

Scroll down to the bottom and they mention oversized items, outsourced packaging (and life-sized dolls).

A year ago I had them send a 50KG box about the size of a small cab. Fees included special packaging and Fedex was the only option at £400 (Total was about £500). I was near the size limit.

I know people have had monitors shipped. A cab would be outside of those options. You'd need to contact them and ask. IF they'd do it I'd guess it'd be no less than triple the above. I've not heard of it but I'd love to know if someone has had them handle a cab export. It's probably better to ask someone like Rancor.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

pubjoe wrote: January 13th, 2023, 11:32 pm(and life-sized dolls).

A year ago I had them send a 50KG box about the size of a small cab.
Any connection here is just a coincidence by the way. :batlove: