Items you can't even look at on Yahoo Japan Auctions

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Items you can't afford on Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by cools »

Not as rare :awe:
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

cools wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm Mega rare NeoGeo cabinet

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s712692090
Funny story, that model is the "official" 4-slot Neo in Finland. They still every now and then pop up at auction houses and the local craigslist.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

:problem: export to Japan :awe:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

cools wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm Mega rare NeoGeo cabinet

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s712692090
...the local gaming bar here just had one of these installed today.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I want you to take me to the game bar.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

pubjoe wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 2:11 am I want you to take me to the game bar.
Game bar. Game bar.

By sheer coincidence that cab has Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown III :think:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I've requested that the dingy 30 mm ball tops are changed to proper 35 mm ones and that the cab would be lowered to it's feet instead of being left to roll around on transit wheels, on top of suggesting a better line up of titles since no one wants to play FF1 or SS3 with no blood but so far no response – and now the sound is also dead.

I guess it's just there for decoration.
rancor
Stool Packer
eBay: rancor
Initials: JCT

Post by rancor »

That J. J. Squawkers that was posted here a few months ago has gone ages with nary a bid on what seemed to be a reasonable price.

Its been relisted at a new lower price. I honestly think we\re getting played on PCB prices. There's serious manipulation going on.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v675908197
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

@rancor: Is sk8texas your YAJ account?

SCENARIO: Rare game shows up on YAJ after a year or two of not being there. Lots of people have had it on their want list for a long time. Bidding war ensues. It sells for higher than usual. Next one shows up soon after and doesn't sell for as much because there is slightly less hype. Third one lingers longer at a lower price as hype dwindles and people think "hey, maybe this isn't so rare after all, I'll take a wait-and-see approach". It's a familiar pattern in this hobby (same thing happened with DFK 1.0 last year on YAJ), but hardly proof of any price manipulation.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

theres probably a few of other factors at play as well, platformers have never been the most in demand genre for arcade/pcb collectors so if theres only 2 people willing to drop big money on a board once they have theirs maybe theres no one else willing to go to those high prices or pull the trigger on it at a price relatively close to the previous buyers. to use tatsujin-oh as a an example it was 200 max forever then it spiked to 600 but has been constantly 5-600 for a few years now this range is still within most peoples budgets, double that to 1000-1200 it then becomes something to seriously consider for the other things that could be had e.g. the difference between a weekend getaway or a weeklong holiday, minor repairs keeping your motor ticking along or doing major repairs on it to keep it running smoothly for another few years etc

genres other than shmups have only recently seen factorial price increases, I'm thinking contra/gryzor here as an example where until a year or two ago you could buy an original gryzor board for cheaper than a complete boxed nes version. i think this is from people beginning to search other genres from shmups becoming relatively high priced in comparison particularly after the jumps in a lot of stuff a few of years ago, as well as a steady influx of new people to the hobby who are coming from console gaming and were never really interested in shmups so the more traditional console genres are getting more attention (look at demand and pricing for belt beat-em-ups over the last couple of years) and unported stuff like jj has an air or mystique around it (though this observation is from a very uk/eu centric viewpoint). in addition to that theres a definite bubble for generic woody cabinets in the uk right now but the primary factors (i believe) in this are the amount of items that arcade club has taken out of general circulation (not saying this a bad thing just highlighting its potential effect on pricing) and the amount of arcade bars opening up that are using eBay as their only or primary resource to buy things, be interesting to see what happens in 24-36 months.

the jumps also coincided with the bitcoin spike which seen similar increase in pricing and demand for the high end stuff for other limited item collecting circles (MTG, comic books, console collecting etc) this could be anecdotal or me misconnecting dots but i think there was more than a few people cashed out of bit coin and put the money into things they liked or thought they would be more stable investments at that point
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Would love to see the inside of that thing. I bet it uses a composite connection.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

nem wrote: March 13th, 2020, 6:21 pm Would love to see the inside of that thing. I bet it uses a composite connection.
I have one thats not working. What do you want to know? When you turn on the SFC part it automatically cuts to a dedicated SFC input. It still has the multi AV out and you can get RGB out of it too. Unfortunately I can't find a schematic on it or any repair logs to figure out the problem I am having.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Just wondering how it's connected internally. That's all.

They're kind of cute. If there was one available at open auction I could be interested in putting a bid on it. 40k (plus fees, shipping, etc) is way too steep.

What problem are you having?
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

nem wrote: March 14th, 2020, 10:29 am Just wondering how it's connected internally. That's all.

They're kind of cute. If there was one available at open auction I could be interested in putting a bid on it. 40k (plus fees, shipping, etc) is way too steep.

What problem are you having?
When it cuts to internal SFC, there is no video, but there is sound. If I use the video out, I get sound and picture just fine. Not sure what the internal display is, it’s not quite as sharp as rgb on a pvm but it’s much clearer than composite.
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

Nice Ambo cab - https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n409323602

Plenty cheap at the moment - 2 days to go....

Covid-19 seems to be causing prices to drop a bit on YAJ (every cloud has a silver lining).
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I like how he is using 4/6 button games to demo the cab :-P
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

penrhos wrote: March 20th, 2020, 11:16 am Nice Ambo cab - https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n409323602

Plenty cheap at the moment - 2 days to go....

Covid-19 seems to be causing prices to drop a bit on YAJ (every cloud has a silver lining).
I'm going for that "untested" broken Deathsmiles 2 PC.

It's already expensive though... :think:

The seller is full of 5hit of course, as all you need is a vga cable to test it :problem:
parodius
eBay: parodius

Post by parodius »

You can still use it as a door stopper or paperweight.