Items spotted on eBay

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Re: Items spotted on eBay

Post by tetsujin »

oh and by the way, I am not knocking Naomi cabs, but when you buy a cab like this and in a off site condition, there is a lot of work to get it looking minty and nice and parts (artwork) are not as cheap and common as they once were.

Maybe not everyone wants a 'JAMMA' cab so if your after a cab for MAME, Xbox 3060 or just because you love Naomi and JVS 31k stuff, you cant beat a Naomi.
wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Post by wonderbanana »

tetsujin wrote:oh and by the way, I am not knocking Naomi cabs, but when you buy a cab like this and in a off site condition, there is a lot of work to get it looking minty and nice and parts (artwork) are not as cheap and common as they once were.

Maybe not everyone wants a 'JAMMA' cab so if your after a cab for MAME, Xbox 3060 or just because you love Naomi and JVS 31k stuff, you cant beat a Naomi.
Aye fine cabs.

Penrhos still has a chopped Naomi for sale (I think). Ok its 500 notes but its chopped, clean, comes with mobo, gd rom, Ikaruga etc etc. You'd never restore that upright to the same condition and get the xtras for the price he is asking. 8-)

Heck I sold a complete Naomi cab late last year, no burn, lots of work done including sand blasted base, extra plastics sourced etc.... for £80! :lol:
baddy
Please Continue...
eBay: irishfrog89
Initials: CHI

Post by baddy »

Okay guys, I'll cool down and wait a couple days before impulse buy that naomi :D
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Hundred and fiddy for a Naomi? Please show me. :awe:
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

wonderbanana wrote:
tetsujin wrote:oh and by the way, I am not knocking Naomi cabs, but when you buy a cab like this and in a off site condition, there is a lot of work to get it looking minty and nice and parts (artwork) are not as cheap and common as they once were.

Aye fine cabs.

Penrhos still has a chopped Naomi for sale (I think). Ok its 500 notes but its chopped, clean, comes with mobo, gd rom, Ikaruga etc etc. You'd never restore that upright to the same condition and get the xtras for the price he is asking. 8-)

Heck I sold a complete Naomi cab late last year, no burn, lots of work done including sand blasted base, extra plastics sourced etc.... for £80! :lol:

Thats crazy! I would have bought loads!
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Well I did say 'if'.

If the monitor's burn free as he says then a JVS cab + hopefully decent monitor + Naomi system would be a good price wouldn't it?
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

Its not a bad price at all imo for it but if you planning on getting it, chopping it, making it a NNC, touching up the paint and then making it Jamma ready, then unless its a Naomi cab you want and nothing else, get just get an Astro/E3/AWSD?/insert Jamma Cab here.

its really all about what your wanting it for and if its right for you.

I am not telling anyone how to spend there hard earned cash but its only cheap if your happy with its limitation out of the box.

This Naomi looks ok though and with summer coming and a few days spent stripping and cleaning you could chop it and drill some holes in the standard CP and have a nice sit down JVS sitdown cab with VT and all the other good Naomi games ready to be played at your fingertips all for about £350 shipped if your prepared to do all the work on your own and be happy with some missing artwork and a few scrapes and dents etc.
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

It's a complete worker and listed as "Virtua Tennis" so comes with mobo and cart (or gd-rom if you get lucky). £250 is a good price, you'll struggle to beat it.
wonderbanana

Post by wonderbanana »

Spectre wrote:It's a complete worker and listed as "Virtua Tennis" so comes with mobo and cart (or gd-rom if you get lucky). £250 is a good price, you'll struggle to beat it.
It's worth it, I think what Adam and I are trying to say is its the going (upper) end rate and that's including the mobo and game ;)
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I didn't realise. I knew Naomi uprights were cheap but I didn't know they were that cheap. Still worth linking to, just not banging on about. :shifty:
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Is £250 really the upper end still? Perceived value may be lower but I don't see the market flooded with naomi cabs for under £200. Yeah you've got to do some work to make it sitdown and jamma compatible, but that's why it's £250 and not £500 :hinthint:

If I was in the market for one of these, I wouldn't hesitate. Everybody should do at least 1 Naomi project, you pick up lots of skills and knowledge which are useful. Cutting the **** out o' them legs is what this hobby is all about 8-)
wonderbanana

Post by wonderbanana »

Spectre wrote:Is £250 really the upper end still? Perceived value may be lower but I don't see the market flooded with naomi cabs for under £200. Yeah you've got to do some work to make it sitdown and jamma compatible, but that's why it's £250 and not £500 :hinthint:

If I was in the market for one of these, I wouldn't hesitate. Everybody should do at least 1 Naomi project, you pick up lots of skills and knowledge which are useful. Cutting the **** out o' them legs is what this hobby is all about 8-)
Lets just all say its worth it which is i think what we are all saying anyway :awe:

But yeah, great project cabs for sure. Such a shame they don't all have tri-syncs as standard though, I'd buy a few myself if they did 8-)

Whoever buys this (from here) I've got a metal thingy for it that I restored, yours for postage ;)
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

Just to get the ball rolling again.... :awe: So Naomi's are worth less than Chinese cabs then? OK Baby's go for over £300 these days. Poor poor Naomi... I must seek out a bookies cab conversion cos the last one went for £600 pounds.
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

You confusing a **** Naomi that's come straight from site to one that has been cleaned etc.

If it was a std upright that's be stripped and cleaned I'd say it worth £300 easy especially if the paints good but most have been bashed about and need some form of repair and love so hence they sell for less as there's more work involved.
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

CPS2 wrote:Are these genuine Sanwa or knock offs? Seem cheap. :problem:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Sanwa ... 2572f60665"
Picked up a couple of these, deffo came from UK (took only a few days) genuine Sanwa. Cheapest I've seen (shipped) for ages.

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

they look ok. All the plastics have Sanwa embossed on them?
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

yosai wrote:they look ok. All the plastics have Sanwa embossed on them?
Yep, all the usual hallmarks.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

4 player Sega Swing...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200923959423?redirect=mobile"

Funny looking monster of a thing.
wonderbanana

Post by wonderbanana »

Never seen one of those before.
jase

Post by jase »

Nice, someone was looking for one of these a while back. :think:

It looks a lot like an Egret, but not as sexy.