Items spotted on eBay

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
AxBattler
Initials: MS

Re: Items spotted on eBay

Post by AxBattler »

would also call it bargain. Send some bids within the day but forgot to increase it later on. Congrats to the buyer
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Struggled to figure what price this would go for being a full kit but also the Asian pcb. I lean to slight bagainous but not far off where it should be? I've no idea anymore either way someone bought themselves a nice kit 8-)
Sunder
eBay: sunderaj82
Initials: SUN

Post by Sunder »

I mean if I didnt have one already I would buy it.
That cardboard box alone is worth 50000 yen. :lol:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IN-THE-HUNT- ... 632-2357-0

I was tempted, but with the insistence of it being sold “as is”, it’s a pricey gamble… someone here might be more confident?
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

ChrisBEANS wrote: January 5th, 2022, 1:52 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IN-THE-HUNT- ... 632-2357-0

I was tempted, but with the insistence of it being sold “as is”, it’s a pricey gamble… someone here might be more confident?
I call BS! Fix your monitor and test it again before listing!
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

but it has a blury pic a damaged nanao chassis ! :P

also .....nope :lol:
p&v.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I'd either offer it as "faulty/parts" with a low start or BIN at full value with returns accepted depending how confident I was that its working. Wouldn't surprise me if ebay would let you return it anyway. I'm not sure "as-is" cuts it.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ProGear-no-A ... 637-2357-0

A smidge over four thousand quid…

Have at it boys.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Didn't even try and hide the fact that it's an Ultimate Ecology box. Oh and the posters are missing of course. 
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

MP! oh wait...
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

And it’s the cheap Japan version.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

thegreathopper wrote: January 21st, 2022, 5:07 pm And it’s the cheap Japan version.
The English one is missing sounds. I also think the default difficulty is different.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Yes that’s true Also part of the intro where the kids come running out, I think.

But the blue USA one is pretty rare, used to be very expensive where as the Green one was a £200 for years, although I am sure now it’s about £2K :awe:

Doesn’t one version have 2 lives and one 3 lives..
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Who's the guyon ebay asking £3250 for pink sweets ffs.? . What's the world coming to! :(
Last edited by Neo Gold on February 13th, 2022, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I don't see the problem. I don't see anyone here selling it for what they bought it for 5 years ago either. Just try to get the max for it, i say go for it. If someone bites, great!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I disagree. If one ends up selling for £3000+, the rest will follow. There are enough 'more money than sense' people in this hobby to ruin it for the rest of us.

And inevitably that will mean none of these games will actually be used. Who's going to risk blowing up a board that costs thousands? The games will just end up as collectible tat on the shelf. I don't know about you, but to me that defeats the purpose.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

You're making it sound like we're in totally normal sane territory now and we're going to something else. It's not; we've already crossed that line. I don't really care of someone sells pcb's for 1500 or for 3500. Hell make it 15000, it just doesnt matter. Most games already are collectible tat on shelves, hence why we have a market for plexi covers and boxprotectors.
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

nem wrote: February 5th, 2022, 1:30 pm I disagree. If one ends up selling for £3000+, the rest will follow. There are enough 'more money than sense' people in this hobby to ruin it for the rest of us.

And inevitably that will mean none of these games will actually be used. Who's going to risk blowing up a board that costs thousands? The games will just end up as collectible tat on the shelf. I don't know about you, but to me that defeats the purpose.
I totally agree with that, there's far too many people that don't actually play these.. And collect to just 'have'.. If you don't play it, why bother.. Let someone else have a go.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Nobody is buying PCBs to sit on a shelf. Kits, yes.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

There’s definitely an cycle of greed that’s harmful to the community…

For example, I’m looking around for a Batrider which I know is going for a pretty penny right now and I’ll often get messages from people, both publicly and privately say something like ‘good luck, prices are crazy, this was a few hundred quid just a couple of years ago’…

Now, while this doesn’t enormously affect me, because I’m in a position to pay for it and worst case I can still sell it on for the same price I paid, it is a huge barrier of entry for others.

I’m only recently able to indulge in this hobby because I’m getting older, I’ve found a fortunate place in life (not that fortunate, but compared to my youth) and I’ve finally got some disposable income.

If I’d been younger or still in the less fortunate position I’d always been in, there’d be no chance.

It’d be a real shame if simply playing these PCBs as intended became an elitist hobby for those who have money to throw at it.

Just my 2p