Items spotted on eBay

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Re: Items spotted on eBay

Post by richy13 »

j69 wrote:£200 for a SSF2X :wtf: Am I missing something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321068622558?ss ... 1423.l2649"
Blue versions are getting pretty rare now in the condition it was in plus it was a euro board with out the electrocoin sticker in the middle which when removed leaves a right mess with all sorts of scratches / scraps.

i wonder what a complete euro kit would go for??

the japanese revision is not worth half has much because most of the blue euro stuff is completely battered now,i have been after a clean asian super turbo for years but they never seem to come up in good condition and mostly with lable damage.
idc
Ralf Little impersonator
eBay: iancourt
Initials: IAN

Post by idc »

richy13 wrote:

Blue versions are getting pretty rare now in the condition it was in plus it was a euro board with out the electrocoin sticker in the middle which when removed leaves a right mess with all sorts of scratches / scraps.

the japanese revision is not worth half has much because most of the blue euro stuff is completely battered now,i have been after a clean asian super turbo for years but they never seem to come up in good condition and mostly with lable damage.
Electrocoin stickers should be removable. Carefully pick off the plastic with your fingernail, then use a solvent or WD-40 to remove the residue.
Last edited by idc on February 18th, 2013, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

theres also that cold spray stuff that freezes adhesive making it really easy to remove - seen it used on pinball tables with only minor damage to paint so should work a treat for that
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I've an Electrocoin sticker on my otherwise near mint AvP :problem:

I tried picking away at one on an XvsSF I had once - it came off only a tiny bit at a time - I got half way through then left it when my fingers started to hurt :problem:

I tried an adhesive remover spray but it was only good for residue or paper stickers which it could penetrate. If anyone's removed an Electrocoin sticker easily & without marking the plastic I'd be all ears :awe:
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

theres vids on youtube of that spray being used to take the mylar off a pinball playfield (should be an equivalent job), i think you can get it in maplins, it doesnt remove the adhesive though.

edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdtdBGpSO5E
Last edited by jugemscloud on February 17th, 2013, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Cool, cheers. I'll have a look and give it a bash.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

I'd still recommend trying any of these ideas out using a trial p00ped case first ;)

I've not heard of anyone removing one of those Electrocoin stickers with any success.

HTH

Cheers,

Ralph.
j69

Post by j69 »

richy13 wrote:

So basically the answer is 'cos the plastic is blue instead of green' !?

Who gives a flying f**k? It's locked inside your arcade cabinet
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Well it's also harder, it fixes a couple of bugs, it has a free play mode and it's translated to English. Also, it's called 'Super ** Turbo' which is what every normal person in this country calls it. I dunno about that price, but I'd probably pay about 50% more than I would for 2X.
j69

Post by j69 »

You can change the settings to English on the green board iirc
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Unless the board's Phoenixed and allows you to select the region then there's no option to select English text (post match dialogue etc) on a green board, at least not on the one I have and the one I had before it.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

j69 wrote:You can change the settings to English on the green board iirc
ydnrc :awe:
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

It's practically pointless owning a blue Super Turbo if you desire to play it 1P and are not bruce muvvafookin lee. If you're a "collector" rather than a gamer or will get a lot of 2P time out of it on the other hand, it does tend to go for a little more than SSF2X. £200 is utterly ridiculous though unless value has really shot up recently. Afaik £120 is more like it. Seems daft to me if the absence of an electrocoin sticker makes £80 of difference, they distributed the game and put that sticker on the case, so it's "original" anyways.

You can play SSF2X in english with the phoenix romset. Thats the winning combo for me, english but with enemy AI that isn't so crazy that the game is unplayable.
jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud »

they distributed the game and put that sticker on the case, so it's "original" anyways.
the dion defence :lol:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

pubjoe wrote:Well it's also harder, it fixes a couple of bugs, it has a free play mode and it's translated to English. Also, it's called 'Super ** Turbo' which is what every normal person in this country calls it. I dunno about that price, but I'd probably pay about 50% more than I would for 2X.
What bugs? :-o
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Maybe not exactly bugs but they removed Zangeif's one-hit-dizzy at least.

The hardness thing is a matter if taste. The AI has perfect timing but falls for certain dumb repetitive moves. If anyone wants an even tighter version of the same insanity, then they want the blue version. I guess it has an ultimate hardcore reputation.

The price... I dunno, maybe if you take condition into account it's still £50-ish overpriced, but you can put that down to ebay randomness/buyer laziness. To be completely honest, if I didn't know better, I probably would pay that price. :shh:
MDK

Post by MDK »

TheRedKnight wrote:
pubjoe wrote:Well it's also harder, it fixes a couple of bugs, it has a free play mode and it's translated to English. Also, it's called 'Super ** Turbo' which is what every normal person in this country calls it. I dunno about that price, but I'd probably pay about 50% more than I would for 2X.
What bugs? :-o
Zangief's straight up jumping fierce doesn't gaurantee dizzy in the US version.

Was hoping the phoenix romset AI would change according to the version selected, cammy's just not the same in the JPN version.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Ah, I knew about that one. I only play SSF2X because I mainly use Zangief and T.Hawk.
j69

Post by j69 »

SuperPang wrote:
j69 wrote:You can change the settings to English on the green board iirc
ydnrc :awe:
It was phoenixed
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

You can change a green case to blue......

With spray paint .

I prefer 2x single player game play. Freeplay and English would be nice, but actual fun from the game, at my level of play, is more important.