Neo Geo Emus with "select button" ?

Everything Emulator related
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Neo Geo Emus with "select button" ?

Post by Akuma »

Are there any decent Neo Geo MVS emulators, that feature the select button as found on multi slot cabinets? Is it possible to make either a custom 4 slot or use select to cycle through all the games you got?
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Re: Neo Geo Emus with "select button" ?

Post by jonny5 »

:eh:

its an emu....it has a front end....scroll through ALL the games....then you select the game you want with start and it loads :awe:

why would you only want to have 4 to select from? :?
on the loose
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Post by Akuma »

jonny5 wrote::eh:

its an emu....it has a front end....scroll through ALL the games....then you select the game you want with start and it loads :awe:

To pretend it is an MVS (or to have a working select button, just like the MVS cabs) : )
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

Akuma wrote:
jonny5 wrote::eh:

To pretend it is an MVS (or to have a working select button, just like the MVS cabs) : )
well if you use something like a JPAC or IPAC you will have a number of lines you can configure to be a button used as 'select'.....but as for a front end that acts like a 4 slot? no idea
on the loose
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I don't believe there are any emulators that support MVS fully. MAME will at some point in the future (developments are afoot).

Multislot attract mode is awesome :)
beachut
Please Continue...

Post by beachut »

Hi guys !

Can you smell the zombie thread coming back to life ? That's been 6 years, sorry for reviving it.. anyone found a solution to this crucial question ? I just set up a nice 15khz box in my Astro City but Hyperspin is giving me headache. Too shiny for my taste. I'm planning to use Attract mode frontend as it seems great (Especially in your cab cools, congrats for the nice layout) and just the way i want it : simple.

In the near future, the feature i would absolutely love to use in my brand new mamebox and that i won't stand missing is like i do with my MVS 4 slots : you start the cab and watch it loop the beautiful attracts.

So, is there some kinds of script that can allow a frontend to launch a game, stop it after 2 minutes, relaunch the next one in favorite, and browse the whole list ? That would be fantastic !
beachut
Please Continue...

Post by beachut »

Hi ! Thanks for the idea, indeed FBA and Nebula has multislots emulation and that could be very useful, the problem is that i run Groovymame in 15khz in a cab and must stick with this emul, of have a frontend to deal with the sequence looping.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Aye, it'll work in current GroovyMAME builds - MAME was the original source of the multislot emulation the others use.

You'll need to set it up manually in the front end though.
beachut
Please Continue...

Post by beachut »

Awesome guys, thank you very much ! Will looking forward to configure it soon !