GroovyMAME resolution issue

Everything Emulator related
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...
eBay: dgabassi

GroovyMAME resolution issue

Post by DanielGabassi »

Hi, guys. I'm having a problem with GroovyMAME when it's allowed to switch resolutions (executed as administrator). A few games (most games works without any issue) as Dodonpachi get too slow to be played. I've recorded this video to show you exactly what's hapening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SDztgk-Ww

Why is this happening? There's a way to play any game switching resolution without slowdown?
The monitor I'm using is a Eago

Thanks!
keropi
Please Continue...
eBay: sainshov

Re: GroovyMAME resolution issue

Post by keropi »

that "ATI LEGACY ERROR" you are getting what is it? What vga are you using?
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

keropi wrote:that "ATI LEGACY ERROR" you are getting what is it? What vga are you using?
I have no idea. I'm using a Radeon HD 4350.
keropi
Please Continue...

Post by keropi »

I am pretty sure that if you get rid of this error then stuff will just work. Did you use the correct crtemudriver for the 4350?
You do need the latest beta 2.0 version for win7 and there is a guide here along with the download: http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/v ... php?id=295
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

keropi wrote:I am pretty sure that if you get rid of this error then stuff will just work. Did you use the correct crtemudriver for the 4350?
You do need the latest beta 2.0 version for win7 and there is a guide here along with the download: http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/v ... php?id=295
That "legacy error" was myself missing the admin license. But doesn't solve the resolution error. I'll try this new crtemudriver.
I'm having one more problem. Is possible for W7 to boot already in 15khz, or I have to adjuste that myself every time?
keropi
Please Continue...

Post by keropi »

If you do as the tutorial then w7 will be 15khz once the CRTEmuDriver loads. If you want to be 15khz from the moment you power on your pc then you need to use ATOM-15 and flash your vga's BIOS
Once you use the new driver and follow the tutorial please report back, I am sure all will be OK
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Without installing Atom 15 you won't see the bios and boot screens, but windows should start in 15k (480i usually) without you having to adjust anything.

It looks to me as though Mame is selecting the wrong resolution. This might also cause speed issues depending on your ini settings. I would try...
  • Delete mame ini,
  • Generate a new one (cmd: groovymame -cc),
  • Launch videomodemaker - under the mame tab, point to your mame folder and ensure that you tick "export settings to groovymame".
  • Generate and install the video modes
Then try running mame again.
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

https://youtu.be/r2jZTpEK7l4

Now I can't do anything. After installing this screen appears and W7 don't accept any command from mouse oR keyboard. Just restored to preview drivers.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

So you have two monitors connected? An LCD and the CRT?

If you can right click on the desktop and see an options menu then you have the LCD set to the secondary part of the extended desktop - and the primary part is set to a resolution that your CRT can't display. If it's frozen completely then God knows... driver problems?.. A million modelines in your custom modes file?..

I'd say it's start from scratch time. Follow the Windows 7 for HD4350 guide that keropi linked to above. Don't fiddle with anything else. Take special care when switching monitors.
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

Yes, it's completely frozen. No keybord shortcuts, mouse, anything. Just restored the system to keep trying. If happen something new I'll let you guys know.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

If, as I think you meant earlier, Windows doesn't start in 15k then something must have gone wrong during crtemudriver setup. It looks like your desktop is set to 1024x768. Are you intending to keep a two-monitor setup? If not, you need to start again and unplug your lcd when directed by the guide.
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

No intent to keep both monitors crt and lcd at the same time. Just want to boot already in 15khz. If not, I can't close my cabinet because I'll always need to set Arcade OSD resolution at the LCD monitor, than switch to cabinet CRT monitor every time before start playing.
Last edited by DanielGabassi on January 16th, 2017, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanielGabassi
Please Continue...

Post by DanielGabassi »

I'm thinking to switch to WXP 32bits, seems to be the most compatible version with GroovyMAME/crtemudriver to automatically boot at 15khz. You guys have any problem emulating Mushihimesama, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu, ESP ra.de and other Cave games at WXP 32b? How is the emulation with this OS?
keropi
Please Continue...

Post by keropi »

I use win7/x64 + crtemudriver 2.0 in my groovymame cab ,just do a fresh install of windows and remove the LCD screen when the guide tells you. Do EXACTLY as the guides says and you'll have your working 15khz setup without issues. It seems your system is messed up from using 2 monitors and different drivers.