Just another pandoras box 2 - any good?

Everything Emulator related
chubsta
I'm getting too old for this shit...
eBay: chubsta

Just another pandoras box 2 - any good?

Post by chubsta »

switched on my name cabs today and both had issues, mainly relating to the fact they have pcs in them - i am a Mac person myself so hate messing around with windows crap! Anyway, does anyone know if the 'Just another pandoras box 2' multi-cart are any good? i can live with missing some of the games on my name list if it means the thing will just boot up and work each time...
oneleaftree
Please Continue...
eBay: Applause51

Re: Just another pandoras box 2 - any good?

Post by oneleaftree »

If you don't really care much for emulation accuracy or games running full speed then I'd say go for it! My advice would be to do some research and get to the bottom of your issues with your mame setups. I've had groovymame running on a cab before using maximus arcade frontend with next to no issues to speak of.

Hope you make the right decision :)
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

They all have emulation issues and slowdown since they are still underpowered. Its up to you if you can live with that or not; best to check it out at someone else who has one if you can.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I had a Blue Elf 2 before and as I understand the tech has hardly changed. even NeoGeo stuff looked like it was running at 30 fps and CPS2 games couldn't sustain even that.

A waste of money IMO.
retroworksmx
Please Continue...
eBay: cesarcuevas2013

Post by retroworksmx »

blue elf its a waste of money but pandoras box 2 its good *not perfect but good, and now pandoras 3 have more games *520 games jeje *sunset riders, super contra and others

i buy pandoras box 2 for make a custom console for a client and runs very good trust me , see my youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eaidoxGLjs" im from mexico but you can translate :D
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

Danny is getting some in the next couple of weeks, and im hoping to try one out.
Ive heard they run cps2 games spot on.
Im doubtful, people have said that before about other boards which have audio and speed issues but if its close I'll do a comparison vid with my SSF2X board.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Curious to see if they have got any better. Every single board I have tried like this is garbage with pitched up, inaccurate sound and terrible frame skip / poor FPS.
The resolutions are rarely correct either so the image is stretched and blurry.

The 60in1 and 19in1 boards are pretty good for old games (the 60in1 does have distorted sound on some games but is a bargain for the price).
The best (again old games) is the Arcade SD http://www.phoenixarcade.com/ArcadeSD.htm" They have written their own optimised drivers for each of the games and the effort shines through.

My groovymame setup has an i5 processor and still chugs with some later games. A little PCB with a low powered ARM or similar chip is going to chug hard with demanding stuff but I would love to eat my words. It would be convenient to have a low powered PCB that you can fire up without any configuration. :)