nullDC

Post by HAWKXP »

THERES A NEW VERSION OF NULLDC OUT, THIS RELEASE ALSO SUPPORTS NIOMI . :o :D

http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussi ... eased.html"
Miller
Please Continue...
Re: nullDC

Post by Miller »

I never got round to using this, how good a job does it actually do in emulating DC games?
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

Yeah been using this one recently, the emulation on GD roms is far from perfect but it does work :)
People have the right to be stupid, but some abuse that privilege.
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Thanks for the heads up Hawky.

I've been following progress on this closely, but IMVHO, not close enough to warrant a download yet.
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

well id say its quite good, some games run bobbins and some games run as good as the originals do, i always find the games that do run bobbins are the games i really want to play :lol:

barin that id say every game iv chucked at it does pretty much run, it also does depend really on the spec of your PC when it comes down to FPS, unless the emulation with that certain game is a tad bit buggy.
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

It's definitely getting there :)
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Nice one Ringtail,

What are your system specs as a matter of interest???
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

Totally bog standard if not already somewhat outdated. Athlon 64 processor, 2gig mem and a Geforce 5700 ;P

It runs fairly smoothly but there are sound issues and a few bugs.
innerpattern
Please Continue...

Post by innerpattern »

I don't know how the latest version is but with the previous nullDC Ikaruga has a spot around the middle of stage 2 where the bullets were invisible! I'm not good enough to beat that!
Shiki 2 also had some issues with transparency around stage 4 that made it very difficult to play.

It's a nice little emulator though. Border Down seems to run great.
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

Ringtail wrote:Image

It's definitely getting there :)

is that ikaruga on the Naomi :shock:

not tried it yet, how do you get a game to work, do you just load a zip file in ?
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

HAWKXP wrote:is that ikaruga on the Naomi :shock: not tried it yet, how do you get a game to work, do you just load a zip file in ?
Yup thats the Naomi Rom ^^ You need to rip the original disc and then use a gdrom2rom converter you'll find in the new version of NullDC. Right now it only supports the original Naomi Bios so some games don't work but there are developments daily. :)
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

right well i went and got ikaruga and built my self an image and it just says communication error or something, the games in mame will work wont they ? i know nothing about how the niomi works so im a noob, can you use a DC image it is the same game is it not or does it work different, mind you if i was to try that i may as well load a dc game :?

its very confusing. :roll:
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

Ok NullDc has two versions, one from the DC and one for the Naomi. If you download the Naomi one you need the early Naomi Bios as stated in the readme, 21576D I think which you can find in the bios section of RGB's site. Put that into the correct folder and then you're ready for your game image.

Game image must be from the naomi disc, if you have your three tracks ripped (track03.bin or track03.iso is the one you want) open up the dos prompt and run the gdrom2rom exe file as it shows you in the readme. gdrom2rom track03.bin (Security key) (file abreviation) "(Full File Name)" This will output the game in a file recognisable by the emulator.

If you're wondering about the security key, it's the string of numbers you need to rip from the security pic included with the original software. Basically the handshake which allows the game to decrypt.

Hope that helps :)
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

thanks for the info ringtail, ill give it another bash with the correct bios and see whats what. :)
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

there is actually a hacked release of chankast that has a bug fix for both soul calibur and ikaruga.....

but seriously.... emulating games for a system that you can get for $30 and play backups without modding=phail (the dc i mean)

interested to see how the naomi stuff pans out.....
on the loose
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

jonny5 wrote:there is actually a hacked release of chankast that has a bug fix for both soul calibur and ikaruga.....

but seriously.... emulating games for a system that you can get for $30 and play backups without modding=phail (the dc i mean)

interested to see how the naomi stuff pans out.....
naa mate its cool, i own 3 DCs and about 60 original games, i do it for the fun and to play the games all on 1 system to save messing about, well all my emus go on my cab really or they will do when i get chance. :awe:
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

Ringtail wrote:Ok NullDc has two versions, one from the DC and one for the Naomi. If you download the Naomi one you need the early Naomi Bios as stated in the readme, 21576D I think which you can find in the bios section of RGB's site. Put that into the correct folder and then you're ready for your game image.

Game image must be from the naomi disc, if you have your three tracks ripped (track03.bin or track03.iso is the one you want) open up the dos prompt and run the gdrom2rom exe file as it shows you in the readme. gdrom2rom track03.bin (Security key) (file abreviation) "(Full File Name)" This will output the game in a file recognisable by the emulator.

If you're wondering about the security key, it's the string of numbers you need to rip from the security pic included with the original software. Basically the handshake which allows the game to decrypt.

Hope that helps :)
got the bois, just cant get a damb game to work, i take it ill need a proper naomi game to iso to use it, them games in mame don't work iv tried building an iso in vain :? countless times now, you load the image into the emu, then itll ask for i think the 1st read bin im presuming .
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

HAWKXP wrote:got the bois, just cant get a damb game to work, i take it ill need a proper naomi game to iso to use it, them games in mame don't work iv tried building an iso in vain :? countless times now, you load the image into the emu, then itll ask for i think the 1st read bin im presuming .
How are you ripping your naomi disc?
HAWKXP
Please Continue...

Post by HAWKXP »

Ringtail wrote:
HAWKXP wrote:got the bois, just cant get a damb game to work, i take it ill need a proper naomi game to iso to use it, them games in mame don't work iv tried building an iso in vain :? countless times now, you load the image into the emu, then itll ask for i think the 1st read bin im presuming .
How are you ripping your naomi disc?
im not, im making isos with the naomi roms in mame, win iso is what iv been using, its try that or i cant use it on my cab.

i might look on ebay to see if i can get a couple on the cheap.
bitkid

Post by bitkid »

The glitch on stage 2 of Ikaruga that caused the bullets to disappear during that gauntlet has been fixed with the new version of nullDC. I was just testing it out last night and it works perfectly.