JammASD

Everything Emulator related
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
JammASD

Post by pubjoe »

(Group order thread is locked, so I made a new one)

Regarding the test & service buttons - I haven't tested this yet, but I don't see why it shouldn't work...

...and yes, I know it's not the best solder job in the world. :shh:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: JammASD

Post by cools »

I did the same on mine and it works fine. Was a bit neater though 8-)
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

:D As you can probably tell, I pinched the wire out of a power lead. Might tidy it later, but ...as long as it works.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Anyone got a lightgun working with jammasd yet? I have a ps2 guncon2 here that I'll be trying at some point.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

...And for my next bodgey trick...

[edit]

Image Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

pubjoe wrote:Anyone got a lightgun working with jammasd yet? I have a ps2 guncon2 here that I'll be trying at some point.
I can get the gun to work as a mouse by using wingun and it's responsive and accurate like it should be. But I can't get it to work in mame. I can't even get mame to recognise a mouse ingame.

The gun does work, even at low 15k res (I was worried I'd have to keep it at 640x480), as I can scroll up and down the mame 'tab' menu with it, so that's a good start. But god knows what setting I'm missing, if any??
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

pubjoe wrote:
pubjoe wrote:Anyone got a lightgun working with jammasd yet? I have a ps2 guncon2 here that I'll be trying at some point.
I can get the gun to work as a mouse by using wingun and it's responsive and accurate like it should be. But I can't get it to work in mame. I can't even get mame to recognise a mouse ingame.

The gun does work, even at low 15k res (I was worried I'd have to keep it at 640x480), as I can scroll up and down the mame 'tab' menu with it, so that's a good start. But god knows what setting I'm missing, if any??
I have also bought a GunCon2 for this purpose. I haven't had any time of late to play with the ASD / Gun but really want to get this running myself when time permits.
Keep us posted if you discover anything new in the meantime :)
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Does this help?
Enable mouse input: If you want to play a game that uses any kind of non-joystick analog support, such as a trackball, a paddle, or even a lightgun, and you don't actually possess any of those particular controller, a mouse is your next best bet (and is available just about 99% of the time.) Check this checkbox to tell MAME that your mouse is an acceptable controller. Even if you choose not to check this box, you can map mouse input to a device on the Controller Mapping page.
I'm guessing that for the particular game you have to enable this in the ini file for it?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I got it "working" in the end by downloading mame 1.39, doing the -makec thing in a new folder and editing the fresh ini (god knows what I was doing wrong before).

I've been testing it with point blank and it's a pile of ****. Completely unplayable.

I must be doing something wrong. I'm hoping that there is a problem with the driver (windows autodetect thing interfering) and that I'll eventually have it working by rolling back the driver or something.

I'm hoping that it isn't going to be a complete fail due to something like the candy cab's sloping screens or some completely unworkable laggy lightgun support issue.

I'll probably have another go tonight. I'll let you know if anyhthing good happens.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Got it working a bit better, but not well enough to be able to play it without worry of losing calibration if I aim the gun away from the screen. Also, the top half of the screen didn't seem so accurate and the occasional shot didnt register at all. Also, I was standing really close.

CracKhoRn, if you get this working any better I will be well chuffed. I found a French forum where someone got the guncon fonctionele a' 100% but I'm not at the computer at the moment so I'll post up the link later.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

pubjoe wrote:Got it working a bit better, but not well enough to be able to play it without worry of losing calibration if I aim the gun away from the screen. Also, the top half of the screen didn't seem so accurate and the occasional shot didnt register at all. Also, I was standing really close.

CracKhoRn, if you get this working any better I will be well chuffed. I found a French forum where someone got the guncon fonctionele a' 100% but I'm not at the computer at the moment so I'll post up the link later.
Hey mate.

I have a bit of a mental work week, but I will try at the weekend if I get a chance.
Before I take a look, does windows auto install the G-Con as a mouse device then?

[EDIT]
Re-read your post. Wingun drivers :)
So outside of mame, does it work spot on using the Wingun driver?
[/EDIT]
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

wingun isn't so much a driver as an interpreter that runs in the background converting lightgun input into mouse movement. Wingun works in addition to a regular windows driver (inf file).

There is a driver called guncon2driver written by 'smog' (not to be confused with guncon2pc, which is another interpreter that wingun now replaces). There is also a driver that windows automatically finds if you allow it to search the web automatically. I don't know which I'm better off using - presumably smog's guncon2driver.

Also, as far as I know, you need to be using windows XP 32bit edition, and this is why it's taken me so long to get round to trying it. I hate installing windows + all the essential crap, restarting 20 times and then leaving my SP2 edition to install around 150 updates (and then finding out that some part of it is weirdly broken).

Both Smog's driver and wingun are old dead software. It wasn't easy finding them both. But here's a link to the French thread I found where there is a helpful link to still live downloads:

http://arcade-system.actifforum.com/dis ... -t7565.htm"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Another ten year old thread bump.

Discovered there's an updated JammASD with a USB connection. Major plus point - the configuration software now works in 64bit Windows. As well as these extra gubbins:
picerno wrote: if I don't forget anything, these are the news:
1) has digital volume control. with this it is possible to manage simultaneously both the trimmer on the board and an external potentiometer to be connected to the appropriate screw terminal. if desired, the volume function can also be assigned to the keys of the dashboard, completely independently of the operating system. it works even if explorer.exe is not loaded at startup.
2) manages up to 8 keys per player plus test and service
3) autofire, single pulse, toggle function
4) indication of the horizontal and vertical frequency of the video signal
5) up to 5 video frequency filters
6) possibility to set key combination
picerno wrote: for this you have to add two rules in rules, one to increase the volume, the other to lower it. it associates to each the key you want to use (also in shifted mode) and then to one the "OB Vol. Up" function and to the other the "OB Vol. Down" function. OB stands for "on board" and acts directly on the amplifier while there is also the possibility of using the volume of the operating system with the respective functions "OS Vol. Up" and "OS Vol. Down". However, I recommend the first possibility that will work even when the frontend is loaded directly when windows is started without "explorer.exe". Also with the OB volume control you can use the trimmer (or external potentiometer) to set the maximum volume adjustable with the buttons
Keen to get my hands on a couple, just being able to reprogram them will save me a ton of time I've been putting off using.