Emulators on the PSP

Everything Emulator related
Brain_Slug
Please Continue...
Emulators on the PSP

Post by Brain_Slug »

Anyone here running any emulators on PSP? I'd just like to know what the best options are for SNES, MD and PCE please. How good is the actual emulation, can I play ISOs of CD games and are there any differences between the emulators for Slim and Phat?

The new 3000 series comes out on Wednesday, and I'd really like a shiny white one. I'm sure it won't take long till it does get haXXor3d, so I'd like to know what I can do with it.
Hitesh

Re: Emulators on the PSP

Post by Hitesh »

Hello

I should be able to help with this. I have PCE, MD, Mame and Gameboy running. Just charging the PSP and will tell you more later.

Hitesh
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

Brain_Slug wrote:Anyone here running any emulators on PSP? I'd just like to know what the best options are for SNES, MD and PCE please. How good is the actual emulation, can I play ISOs of CD games and are there any differences between the emulators for Slim and Phat?

The new 3000 series comes out on Wednesday, and I'd really like a shiny white one. I'm sure it won't take long till it does get haXXor3d, so I'd like to know what I can do with it.
Don't get a 3000, its not been hacked yet.

Try this website

http://www.psp-hacks.com/"

CPS2 emu is perfect... Progear is FAB!!!
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

Sorry to thread hop but im well interested in this never new this could be done ,Does anyone know where i can get a complete one with all emulators and mame,its sounds brill .Of course if someone wants to sell me a complete one that would be cool too :awe:
Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

IMHO, Mame is not too clever on PSP. Some of the basic games...... Pacman, etc..... are OK..but other stuff is much too slow.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

MAME is rubbish on the PSP. Takes ages to load (with a complete set), takes ages to load the games, has weird controls that like dumping you out of the game, and not a lot runs at a decent speed - even 70's stuff.

CPS1/CPS2/MVS emulators are all kinds of fantastic though.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote:MAME is rubbish on the PSP. Takes ages to load (with a complete set), takes ages to load the games, has weird controls that like dumping you out of the game, and not a lot runs at a decent speed - even 70's stuff.

CPS1/CPS2/MVS emulators are all kinds of fantastic though.
Could someone point me in the direction of an MVS emu? I've got the CPS1 & 2 and they are awseomeo indeed
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

Checen Rebel
Please Continue...

Post by Checen Rebel »

CPS1/2 and MVS are great - snes is quite poor imo, as is mame.

PSX emulation is fantastic however.

I wouldn't put money on it being hacked too soon - the latest revision of the slim and lite/psp2000 has been available for a few months and still can't be used with a pandora battery.

custom firmware M33-5.00 was released a day or two back for phat/slim users too in case anyone missed it.
Brain_Slug
Please Continue...

Post by Brain_Slug »

Good to hear CPS2 emulation is bang on. Potable Progear and AvP sounds good to me. It's a shame to hear SNES emulation is **** though. I have an burning desire to play The Firemen. What are we saying about PC Engine and Mega Drive?

There does seem to be some sort of weird issues with the new PSP 3000 screens. I'll wait to see if that gets sorted and if it's possible to hack this model. Otherwise I reckon I'll hunt down a 2000 that can accept firmware flashing.
Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

IMHO, PCE emulation is great. The most played game on my PSP is Final Match Tennis.
dave010567
Please Continue...
eBay: dave010567

Post by dave010567 »

There is an offical UMD out called Sega Mega Drive Collection. Here is an an ebay link to it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sega-Mega-Drive-C ... 286.c0.m14" or you can get it from the usual places ;)

Dave
Brain_Slug
Please Continue...

Post by Brain_Slug »

That's not actually too bad for an official compilation disc. But I want portable Streets of Rage 2, Thunder Force 3 & 4, Twinkle Tale, GleyLancer etc.

In fact, it's surprising what has actually been released on UMD. There's a Star Soldier collection with all the PCE games, and I'm sure Sapphire is on some sort of compilation disk.
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

I can't get the Amiga emulator to work properly on my phat PSP.

Want to play Shadow of the Beast, so may have to get a MD emu
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
dave010567
Please Continue...
eBay: dave010567

Post by dave010567 »

I have tried PSP Genesis & that works fine not sure if it will work with a slim tho as the version I have runs on a fat PSP with a 1.5 firmware adddon.

Dave
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

dj_johnnyg wrote:I can't get the Amiga emulator to work properly on my phat PSP.

Want to play Shadow of the Beast, so may have to get a MD emu
UAE on PSP is too slow to be worthwhile.
jonnifun
Please Continue...

Post by jonnifun »

I used to own a psp slim and lite (2000) and I must say its BRILLIANT for emulation.

In perticulay, mega drive and gba emulation is spot on! I've had a bash at snes aswell and although it's not quite there yet, i'd say its about 80-85% playable.

Damn it I'm getting a psp again :p
George
Please Continue...
Initials: GEO

Post by George »

Myself i love the ps1 emu for psp, all them lovely little schmups to get on with :)
Up a bit stop, down a bit stop, left a bit stop FIRE Oh you hopeless bast. Thank you my names Bob monkhouse and this has been the Golden Shot.
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

get a psp and mod it just for rRootage and bulletGBA....for me bullet GBA is almost unplayable on an actual GBA or NDS....its the bees knees on a PSP...

i sold mine tho cuz i never used it
on the loose