These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Arcade Otaku - アーケード オタク. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Please use the "Report this post" button to notify the forum moderators if a post breaks any rules. #
- New members have restricted access and your first post will require approval by a moderator before it is displayed on the forum. You will not be able to use the Marketplace until then. We suggest you start in the introductions topic. Members with a zero post count have no access to the Marketplace, and posting in the Marketplace does not add to your post count. #
- Please respect new members, we've all been there. #
Open discussion of "unofficial hardware" (bootlegs, conversions, multi-games etc.) is allowed unless it:
- Causes irreversible damage to original hardware,
- Promotes or encourages profiteering or
- Involves hardware still in production.
- Swearing is allowed in moderation, but barrages of abuse or personal attacks will not be tolerated. There is an optional swear filter in the User Control Panel. #
- The forum should be safe to view in a work or family environment. This means pictures or video of a pornographic or explicit nature are not allowed. No dodgy avatars please. #
- Keep image quoting to a minimum. #
- Users found to be using more than one account will be banned without warning. #
- Please try and use the search functions and post in existing topics where it makes sense, even if they are old. #
- Keep your post count up. We carry out regular maintenance whereby post counts are recalculated, and members with zero posts may be deleted without warning. Please contribute to avoid being deleted! #
- Members that hit 1000 posts are eligible for a custom rank. PM an administrator with your desired choice. #
- No affiliate links allowed. #
- Please keep all sales adverts to the Marketplace. If these are related to a business, that means the business section. Please read the Marketplace rules thoroughly. #
You must supply the following information in your sales topic:
- A link to feedback on eBay or another forum if you have less than 5 positive feedback as a seller within the forum system. Buyers should verify this feedback personally. You can add your eBay username to your profile in the User Control Panel.
- Your location. Please add this to your profile in the User Control Panel.
- Prices for all items, even "Interest Checks". If you're unsure, post in the Valuations topic.
Sales of unofficial hardware and software (bootlegs, conversions, multi-games etc.) are allowed, however:
- The hardware/software must no longer be in production/distribution.
- You can only sell one of this item per year. We do this to ensure sellers aren't profiteering from unofficial hardware, for example converting original PCBs to more expensive games just to sell on.
- Members found to be lurking solely to profit from wanted ads for such hardware will be banned.
- All unofficial hardware is to be described accurately and be in no way misleading. Bootlegs or conversions for example should be clearly described as such.
- Generally speaking, don’t be a dick. If you’re in it for the money and don't wish to contribute to the community, you’re in the wrong place. #
- Items should be in full working order unless stated otherwise. #
- Any known repairs or alterations to PCBs should be noted. #
- Shipping insurance is presumed to be included unless stated otherwise. If you're not prepared to cover lost or damaged items yourself, give your buyer the option of paying the extra for an insured service. If the buyer chooses not to pay insurance or requests a low customs declaration, it is at the buyer's risk of loss or damage. Always ship expensive items via a tracked service and keep hold of the tracking number in case of a Paypal chargeback. #
- Please remember that sending or receiving a Paypal Gift/Friends & Family payment entitles you to no Paypal protection and should only be done with trusted forum members and at your own risk! #
- Any photos must be of the exact item for sale and not borrowed from elsewhere. #
- All items sold should be shipped within a week of payment unless otherwise stated within the original topic. If the forum team receive multiple complaints about slow dispatch times, the seller will be suspended from the marketplace. If you cannot meet these terms and provide a professional service, do not sell here. #
- Please do not open multiple topics unnecessarily. You are allowed no more than two active topics on the first page of each marketplace section at any one time. #
- You can lock and unlock your own sales topics, you do not need a moderator to do this for you. #
- If a dispute arises that you would like to discuss with forum members, please use the Dispute Resolution topic. #
- Paypal disputes should only be opened as a last resort. Buyers should troubleshoot a non-working PCB by checking voltages, re-seating chips etc. Ask on the forum if you need advice. Any disputes should be raised on the forum first in the Dispute Resolution topic. Problems can usually be resolved amicably this way. Opening a Paypal dispute straight away may place restrictions on the seller's account and cause acrimony. #
- "For Trade" topics must give some examples of items you would like in exchange and should not be used as a way around the prices rule. #
- No excessive topic "bumping". #
- Do not delete items from your sales topic when sold, just in case any disputes arise on receipt. #
- No gazumping. Listed or agreed prices are final. #
- The creator of the topic has first refusal in wanted ads. #
- Do not be afraid to leave appropriate feedback if a deal has been unsatisfactory. You can always appeal unjust or retaliatory feedback by contacting one of the forum team. If you make a mistake posting feedback, you can fix it by posting correct feedback and contacting an administrator to delete the wrong line. #
- Marketplace topics will be automatically purged 90 days after the last post date. #
- Please note Arcade Otaku takes no responsibility for deals made on the forum. It is up to you to protect yourself by checking reputations and obtaining proof of postage. #
- You must supply the following information in your sales topic:
- Last revision: 24th October 2020. #