Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
g4rou
eBay: g4rou
Initials: EDF

Sega Aero City Control Panel

Post by g4rou »

Hi guys,

I got an old original Aero City control panel :

As you can see it's got alot of wear going on, I have a replacement cp sticker to stick on, but I was wondering what is the best way of taking the old sticker/vinyl off?

Thanks.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Sega Aero City Control Panel

Post by nem »

Hit it with a heat gun / hair dryer, get it nice and toasty and then peel it off. Wear some gloves to protect your hands. If you're lucky it will only leave very little adhesive behind which you can rub off with some white spirit. If there's a lot of adhesive, put some paint stripper on it, let it do its thing and then scrape the resulting gunk off. You will want to put the new overlay on a clean surface so it will stick.
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

That looks in really good condition, actually. Haven't thought of having one extra panel fabricated for using with your new overlay?
2X Sega Aero City
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

nem wrote:Hit it with a heat gun / hair dryer, get it nice and toasty and then peel it off. Wear some gloves to protect your hands. If you're lucky it will only leave very little adhesive behind which you can rub off with some white spirit. If there's a lot of adhesive, put some paint stripper on it, let it do its thing and then scrape the resulting gunk off. You will want to put the new overlay on a clean surface so it will stick.
Thank you for the info nem :thumbup:
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

FcoBenitez wrote:That looks in really good condition, actually. Haven't thought of having one extra panel fabricated for using with your new overlay?
Thanks FcoBenitez :thumbup: I've got a friend that's going to make a panel for me, if it turns out to be ok then I'll add the overlay to that and leave the original cp.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

g4rou wrote:Hi guys,

As you can see it's got alot of wear going on, I have a replacement cp sticker to stick on, but I was wondering what is the best way of taking the old sticker/vinyl off?

Thanks.
That looks like it's still got the original protective film on it? Why don't you just peel that off to reveal your nice CP? :)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Is that what that is? I was thinking it was the laminate peeling off. I had that happen in a Naomi panel.
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

zak wrote:
g4rou wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks.
That looks like it's still got the original protective film on it? Why don't you just peel that off to reveal your nice CP? :)
Hey Zak,

Good point :think: when I get the panel back, I'll have a closer look and see if it is the protective film?
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

nem wrote:Is that what that is? I was thinking it was the laminate peeling off. I had that happen in a Naomi panel.
Ah...it might be the laminate? It seemed quite a hard plastic to peel off :think:
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Yes it's the laminate, I have a really old aero control panel doing the same.
g4rou

Post by g4rou »

thegreathopper wrote:Yes it's the laminate, I have a really old aero control panel doing the same.
I thought that, I'm going to leave it as it is for now.
Will post a photo of the repro control panel when I get it...