Finally got a cab!

Coin-operated games and arcades.
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Re: Finally got a cab!

Post by matt5cott »

Stompp wrote:
Nimerino wrote:...but strangely the instruction text comes up in Spanish. I think this is board-dependent, or perhaps there is a dipswitch setting?
MVS's are region dependent and the region is controlled by the BIOS so I'd say you've got a EU mobo (Neo Bomberman's in Spanish on EU mobo's).
8-) :thumbup: It's always bugged me it's in Spanish when you set the region to EUR, yet the kit's in Japanese :eh:

Also don't assume your speakers suck if the audio isn't great, the audio in Neo Bomberman sounds like it's being played through a sock :lol:
ImageImageImage
Nimerino
Please Continue...

Post by Nimerino »

Actually, the audio from the cab is surprisingly decent. I'd rather be playing a different NG game, but at least I've got the Euro board. I've done a bit of sleuthing, and there isn't a huge amount of info on the MV-1FS board that I appear to have. Is it simply a 1F in a different (larger) package? If it's Euro I'm not interested in replacing the BIOS, so soldering isn't a problem. But it's got stereo output as standard, I think, which is very nice. Anyone have any more info about this board?

Now to find a nice Metal Slug 3 and relive 1999 all over again.
Nimerino
Please Continue...

Post by Nimerino »

Ah, think I answered my own question with a bit more time on the ArcadeOtaku wiki. The manual for the F board shows my exact board. So no matter what Legend HK trading company calls it, I obviously have an F board.