Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Super Nintenbros!

Post by markedkiller78 »

bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Anyone tried any of the Neo Geo games so far, what do they look like on screen?

- I noticed that there isn't too much footage out there focusing on the screen close ups and also about games other than Zelda.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I've played 12 switch and bomberman ,12 switch is a bit of a laugh if you get into it ...have to say Im really impressed with the joy cons a little dinky if you've got big hands but really nice. Can't say I've had any de syncing that I've noticed... Bomberman is bomberman ,the zooming is a bit grating at times.... Still waiting on Zelda from Amazon only for it being 39ish I'd have cancelled by now

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I'm thoroughly enjoying Zelda. My comparison with Tomb Raider is right, but it's bringing back a ton of memories of Fable (the first one). Absolutely adored that game and BOTW aces it utterly. I keep spotting stuff and wandering off exploring. Being able to just pick up and play and put down again is wonderful.

The demo of Snipperclips has gone down well as a system intro to family.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote:

The demo of Snipperclips has gone down well as a system intro to family.
Ha gave the demo a go as well. Seems fun as well ,even if we are as cordinated as cod eyes

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Alex
eBay: jandrogo

Post by Alex »

kernow wrote:Mm portable neo
720p = 240x3 considering the high ppi (237, higher than retina display) Switch screen has, retro stuff with scanlines would look great, but seems a thing nobody cares... hamster included, which is porting all the retro stuff
Last edited by Alex on March 4th, 2017, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Spent the day playing Switch with a couple of mt8s. The hardware is nice. Connection with the dock isn't as sound as it could be but everything else feels good. No sync issues here thankfully.

Zelda: Very good indeed. Draws on many ideas of its contemparies yet still has a style of its own and feels very fresh.

Bomberman: Horrible aesthetic but they've not messed with the core gameplay. Still a hoot.

1-2 Switch: Quite possibly the worst first party launch title ever. One or two games are interesting, the rest are a naff, passive, often cringeworthy experience. There's clever hardware at work here that deserves a much better showcase.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

kernow wrote:Apparently there's five neo games on there?

Waku waku 7 is a weird but good choice

Mm portable neo
It looks great, there are lots of options for screen size, filters etc, with filters turned off it looks and plays great on the Switch screen.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Fast RMX is a must if you skipped the Wii U version.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Fast RMX is so hard... Mainly because almost all the buttons are used and having to switch between blue and amber boosts manually.... Harder than Wipeout and F-zero at the moment.
Loving robots since the 80's.
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

I may give it a try, havent played a good racing game for ages.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

skykappah wrote:Fast RMX is so hard... Mainly because almost all the buttons are used and having to switch between blue and amber boosts manually.... Harder than Wipeout and F-zero at the moment.
Managed to put in about 10 hours on BOTW over the weekend (17 shrines and I'm on the boss in the "first" dungeon) and my single complaint is that I'm still muddling various buttons up because they have similar but different results (slate/pause menu, rune/weapon/shield/ammo switch).
cools wrote:Myahm Agana Shrine. Motion controls argh.
Took me about 30 minutes of retries. Interestingly the sensitivity seemed to change whether the JoyCon were attached or loose. May have just been placebo, but tabletop mode dedicated the motion control to the right JoyCon and was about ten times as twitchy as when in handheld mode.
ssephi
Please Continue...
eBay: beautifulonewingedangel

Post by ssephi »

Alex wrote:Which are the opinions of the real players? definately want a Switch considering Vita is starting to lack new games, but I can't thrust in "paid" media... what I have read:

Pros:
Nice and high quality components. The screen looks great and menus go fast. It is easy and Switches really fast between docked and portable. Zelda is awesome and lots of indie games being developed

Cons:
I have read it has uncomfortable controls, some wifi problems, no led to check if the battery is charging, you can't switch off at all when docked, and battery drains quickly
Software side, some lag and unprecise controls in Bomberman R and low fps in Dragon Quest I&II
Re Cons:
Controls are fine for me and I have average sized hands (Large in motorcycle gloves). The battery lasted around 3 hours of continuous play through on Zelda (which I find acceptable), that's with 60% brightness and 50% volume with WI-FI connected.

Bomberman plays a little odd with analogue controls - use the 4 buttons on the left controller for slightly better accuracy (when in single player mode obviously) not played it multiplayer yet.

I've had no wifi problems at all. Connected to my home wifi immediately updated fine. Connected to a friends known flaky wifi and it was flawless.

Zelda runs fantastically in handheld mode though there are some performance drops sometimes (when there's a lot going on). In Docked mode it's not so fluid but I fully expect it to get patched.

There is a big caveat here - I bought my Switch to replace my n3DSXL not a Wii/U or Gamecube. I think it's a great bit of kit.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

cools wrote:
Took me about 30 minutes of retries. Interestingly the sensitivity seemed to change whether the JoyCon were attached or loose. May have just been placebo, but tabletop mode dedicated the motion control to the right JoyCon and was about ten times as twitchy as when in handheld mode.
And I've just discovered there are at least another two other ways of solving this particular puzzle, one of which doesn't require any waggle control whatsoever. :awe:
Game is a masterpiece.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote:
cools wrote:
And I've just discovered there are at least another two other ways of solving this particular puzzle, one of which doesn't require any waggle control whatsoever. :awe:
Game is a masterpiece.
I spent 30 mins hunting a boar. Messed up the recipe and had to spend another 20 mins tracking boar. That had better be the last animal hunt I need to do :problem:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Better make sure I take a photo of the next boar I see.

Took me an hour to nail the first boss. Basic premise = git gud.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

amazon order finally arrived today so might get a chance to get a game of this today :awe: :awe: :awe: .actually spent a bit of time with it in handheld mode last night and really think its a fantastic pice of kit , the sound is excellent off it something i didnt appreciate up until then. trying to get the bloody grip strap things off the joycons is the only thing i struggle with so far :oops:

Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Clearly those people all have aquariums.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I was really torn between the Switch and my fish.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Well, weighing my options and considering all the features and portability etc I decided I'd rather be seen with a fish in my pocket in public.
Emulation's nice when done well