Steamlink in Vewlix Cabinet, removal of 220v PSU

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
FoxhoundOh
Please Continue...
Initials: FOX

Steamlink in Vewlix Cabinet, removal of 220v PSU

Post by FoxhoundOh »

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me out with an issue I'm having. I've got a Vewlix L cabinet that I've been working on and I'd like to be able to stream the glorious PC versions of my games directly to it rather than build a new piece of kit to toss inside. The issue that's roadblocking me is the monitor, it squishes my 1280x720p streaming signal down to 640x480p. I did some digging and it appears that the steamlink doesn't seem to recognize the EDID of the samsung monitor that the cabinet is equipped with.

Has anyone been able to successfully run a steamlink in fullscreen at 720p? If so, how?

Another problem I'd like to be able to address is the removal of the 220v JAMMA system (PSU, PCB) the cabinet is currently equipped with, as I intend to eventually get an appropriate CRT cabinet for any JAMMA games. To do that I need a control board and an AMP. Does anyone have any recommendations on that front? I had my eye on a howler board for my control panel ( http://www.wolfwareeng.com/ ) but the site hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years. Brook boards are certainly an option but they're extremely pricy, I'd rather not pay $200 to get the controls working properly. I'm less knowledgeable about amps with volume control and I'm not sure where to look for one that would suit my needs. If anyone can point me towards a reliable business or person(s) to purchase parts I would be very appreciative!
Brettster

Re: Steamlink in Vewlix Cabinet, removal of 220v PSU

Post by Brettster »

I had a steamlink setup in my Vewlix C which has the Sanwa monitor in it
worked fine with a HDMI to DVI lead.
however I found the steamlink too laggy for SFV (over a 1gb wired link) so I ended up putting a PC in there instead. so depending on what kind of games you want to play you may want to go down the PC route anyway
Looking for More Space!
FoxhoundOh
Please Continue...
Initials: FOX

Re: Steamlink in Vewlix Cabinet, removal of 220v PSU

Post by FoxhoundOh »

That's unfortunate but I had a feeling that ultimately I would have to resort to putting a build in there. I suppose it does make the unit more self sufficient in the long run. I didn't think the link would have much lag over Ethernet but if it's noticeable that's a big no no for the games I play. Thanks for the heads up!