sega sonic arcade the saga continues

PCB problems and fixes
iGREKKESS
Please Continue...

Re: sega sonic arcade the saga continues

Post by iGREKKESS »

coolmod wrote:That's because people don't want others to make conversions only to sell them for $900 to unsuspecting people (like the one with black tape all over the eproms that sold recently on ebay). Every-time someone asks me for the desuicide roms, I ask them for proof that they own the real PCB. I know it's not full proof...but at least it's something. The yahoo one there is a conversion/bootleg.
I understand... The one recently sold on eBay, was on Yahoo 2 weeks before for 50,000 yens (no bid), and finally reached $1,500 in a second auction...

So, if I kindly ask you for the decrypted roms (because I own the game, of course, still trying to make it complete), you would accept ? :D

BTW, how does it work, you replace the 2 encrypted EPROMs by decrypted ones, and then remove the FD1149 ? (seems to simple)
BTW', what about the 5 others System 32 games ? I read they were also decrypted, but F1 Super Lap, which is never listed.
Layer

Post by Layer »

Interesting, I would be interested in Dark Edge to revive mine.

@Igrekkess : oui, en fait, c'est simple, c'est un peu comme les System 16 et 18, y'a juste à virer le bloc FD et à remplacer les 2 ou 3 masks ou eproms d'origine par les décryptées.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

leonardoliveira wrote:I never heard of SEGA offering any kind of game exchange service (similar to what CAPCOM did with their CPS2 system) for their hardware, ever.
I recently got a Tetris from Japan with a sega sticker on it, indicating the battery was serviced + some service date on it. Maybe it was possible in japan, or maybe this one was operated in one of Sega's arcades and thus serviced there, i don't know. Similar (but non-sega) stickers are on some of my other FD1xxx i have.

Still, i agree stuff needs to be preserved. Back in the days when mame .89 came out with the fd1xxx dumps, i ensured that Cotton and (i think? shinobi) got dumps to keep safe forever :) (and aaron fixed most s16/s16a stuff so bonus, most everything became playable!)
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

If you can prove you own the board, I can program the roms for you for free providing you pay for the roms themselves and post to you.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Asure wrote:
leonardoliveira wrote:I never heard of SEGA offering any kind of game exchange service (similar to what CAPCOM did with their CPS2 system) for their hardware, ever.
I recently got a Tetris from Japan with a sega sticker on it, indicating the battery was serviced + some service date on it. Maybe it was possible in japan, or maybe this one was operated in one of Sega's arcades and thus serviced there, i don't know. Similar (but non-sega) stickers are on some of my other FD1xxx i have.

Still, i agree stuff needs to be preserved. Back in the days when mame .89 came out with the fd1xxx dumps, i ensured that Cotton and (i think? shinobi) got dumps to keep safe forever :) (and aaron fixed most s16/s16a stuff so bonus, most everything became playable!)
Well you mean the board got serviced, right? I believe it was already Tetris before it got serviced. So it would just be a security reprogramming service. :awe:
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

It was 100% original tetris with sega mask roms & some eproms, but all original labels. The service label had a white sega sticker on it :)
NeoLukifer
Please Continue...

Post by NeoLukifer »

I realize that this post is a couple of years old now and it may be a stretch but Iam also an arcade/game enthusiast dedicated to the repair and preservation of games.

I have 2 boards in my collection that Ive had sitting on a shelf waiting to be revived without any luck. Both boards are 100% originals but have suffered the fate of the suicide battery.

Im currently looking to find decrypted roms for Burning Rival (locked in test mode perminantly) and Battle Tryst which the timekeeper has died in and comes up with 11k ok Hardware Error. Both of these boards are in need of repair.

I would really like to bring these boards back to life again and I understand that it takes time and effort to modify the code for these rom files, therefore I am willing to pay for the rom files in order to be able to bring these back to life.

Hopefully this will be able to find someome who will be able to do so.

Thanks for any help in advance.
NeoLukifer
Please Continue...

Post by NeoLukifer »

coolmod wrote:That's because people don't want others to make conversions only to sell them for $900 to unsuspecting people (like the one with black tape all over the eproms that sold recently on ebay). Every-time someone asks me for the desuicide roms, I ask them for proof that they own the real PCB. I know it's not full proof...but at least it's something. The yahoo one there is a conversion/bootleg.
Do you still by any chance do decrypt roms for games like Burning Rival or M2 hardware? I would really be interested in purchasing them from you in order to revive my boards if possible.
iGREKKESS
Please Continue...

Post by iGREKKESS »

Hi,

after getting a decrypted ROM kit for my SegaSonic, I noticed a Sega Resurrection signature inside one of the ROMs, so I contacted Chris for a similar kit for Dark Edge (mine is dead), and he told me (it was on june 2016) Sonic and Golden Axe 2 are the only decrypted games he's made at the moment...
NeoLukifer
Please Continue...

Post by NeoLukifer »

iGREKKESS wrote:Hi,

after getting a decrypted ROM kit for my SegaSonic, I noticed a Sega Resurrection signature inside one of the ROMs, so I contacted Chris for a similar kit for Dark Edge (mine is dead), and he told me (it was on june 2016) Sonic and Golden Axe 2 are the only decrypted games he's made at the moment...

Thanks a lot for the info.

Thats a downer.

Ive bought kits from him before (sega resurrection) for my michael jackson board and bay route and the both sprung back to life. Im really hoping that someone out there, either chris or not, can decript the code for these. I ve seen them running in mame but really would like to have my boards working again like yourself and am willing to pay to get it done.

Luke