Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Sukebe

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Sukebe »

Hi everybody !

I am john a french arcade fan since long time now.
I started to like touching the stick with my Amstrad.
Fan of Shmup and VS Fighting. I have some candy cab at home.
I also like the console PC-engine/Sega Saturn and Taito.

Happy to join you.

PS: I do not speak very good English I excuse myself in advance.
VeGaSDeViL
Please Continue...
eBay: Si2001

Post by VeGaSDeViL »

Hi all.

Just a hello and introduction. Long time lurker on the forum but decided to join up having secured my first candy caninet (Blast City). Purchased from Mo last year and after a good clean up from all the years of nicotine stains it's looking much nicer.

I'm someone who's always wanted a cabinet but never had the space or free cash to buy one. Bought my first house at the back end of 2015 and decided the living room would make an ideal spot. Made sure I got the idea into the girlfriends head before I bought the house so I had that base covered.

I'm rapidly approaching 40 (37 currently), I work hard in I.T. Supervising a small team of techs. Always had a keen interest in technology both old and new. Computing from the ZX Specturm days playing games after usually waiting 5-10 mins from them to load to my first console the Sega Mega Drive and the delights and wows of Sonic the Hedgehog (it really was an exciting Christmas that year).

These days I've got most of the modern consoles, and a garage stacked with everything from the Bandai Wonderswan Crystal, Super Famicom (never been used) Japanese Mega Drive, Japanese Dreamcast, UK Dreamcast with BBA, 2x Gameboy Advanced SP with retro fitted backlit screens, N64, PS Vita, Gameboy, DS Lite, DS XL special edition, New 3DS XL, Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo Gold (don't hate me - it's gone up in value), PlayStation, PS One, PS2 fat, PS2 Slim, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Xbox original halo edition. There's probably more but that's all I can recall.

Anyway, back to the candy cab. I've loved the look of them ever since I was introduced to them at NERG back in 2013 when I saw a truely lovely looking New Astro City running Streets of Rage Remake. Amounts the sea of euro and US wooden cabs the candy ones just stood out as pure art for me. I knew at that point the one day I would have to have one. That day in 2016 came when I picked it up in the trusty Nissan Avenir (ex motor) with a boot so vast it swallowed the Blast City with ease. Currently I have a choice of using it with my Naomi board or my MGCD. Love them or hate them I am now considering purchasing a Pandoras Box 4s just to leave it as an old school cabinet for 2D games. Recently had my replacement metal control panel recovered at work by the kind chap in the printing dept with the original Blast City 2 player vinyl then had a clear cover placed over the top to protect it. Turned out great and much better than the rusting and rotting original. Next up is a full joystick and button refresh with some Sanwa goodies. Currently on the lookout for a nice marquee to replace the standard card holder one.

Anyway I was meaning to be brief but this turned into a novel. Thanks for everyone on here that's contributed to this great forum and knowledge base. It's certainly helped me massively with my purchases so far!

Si.
VeGaSDeViL
Please Continue...
eBay: Si2001

Post by VeGaSDeViL »

VeGaSDeViL wrote:Hi all.

Just a hello and introduction. Long time lurker on the forum but decided to join up having secured my first candy caninet (Blast City). Purchased from Mo last year and after a good clean up from all the years of nicotine stains it's looking much nicer.

I'm someone who's always wanted a cabinet but never had the space or free cash to buy one. Bought my first house at the back end of 2015 and decided the living room would make an ideal spot. Made sure I got the idea into the girlfriends head before I bought the house so I had that base covered.

I'm rapidly approaching 40 (37 currently), I work hard in I.T. Supervising a small team of techs. Always had a keen interest in technology both old and new. Computing from the ZX Specturm days playing games after usually waiting 5-10 mins from them to load to my first console the Sega Mega Drive and the delights and wows of Sonic the Hedgehog (it really was an exciting Christmas that year).

These days I've got most of the modern consoles, and a garage stacked with everything from the Bandai Wonderswan Crystal, Super Famicom (never been used) Japanese Mega Drive, Japanese Dreamcast, UK Dreamcast with BBA, 2x Gameboy Advanced SP with retro fitted backlit screens, N64, PS Vita, Gameboy, DS Lite, DS XL special edition, New 3DS XL, Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo Gold (don't hate me - it's gone up in value), PlayStation, PS One, PS2 fat, PS2 Slim, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Japanese white Sega Saturn with 250 volt PSU swap, Xbox original halo edition. There's probably more but that's all I can recall.

Anyway, back to the candy cab. I've loved the look of them ever since I was introduced to them at NERG back in 2013 when I saw a truely lovely looking New Astro City running Streets of Rage Remake. Amongst the sea of euro and US wooden cabs the candy ones just stood out as pure art for me. I knew at that point the one day I would have to have one. That day in 2016 came when I picked it up in the trusty Nissan Avenir (ex motor) with a boot so vast it swallowed the Blast City with ease. Currently I have a choice of using it with my Naomi board or my MGCD. Love them or hate them I am now considering purchasing a Pandoras Box 4s just to leave it as an old school cabinet for 2D games. Recently had my replacement metal control panel recovered at work by the kind chap in the printing dept with the original Blast City 2 player vinyl then had a clear cover placed over the top to protect it. Turned out great and much better than the rusting and rotting original. Next up is a full joystick and button refresh with some Sanwa goodies. Currently on the lookout for a nice marquee to replace the standard card holder one.

Anyway I was meaning to be brief but this turned into a novel. Thanks for everyone on here that's contributed to this great forum and knowledge base. It's certainly helped me massively with my purchases so far!

Si.
galaga1982
Please Continue...
eBay: bxmania
Initials: YSM

Post by galaga1982 »

Hi there,

My name is SUNG MIN, YOU.
I lived in South Korea and 48 years old. When I was young, teenager, I was always looking at CRT with envious eyes.
From Space race, Space invaders,Galaxian to Raiden...
Still I'm very interested in old school arcade gaming during 70's -80's. and I have been collecting arcade pcb for many years.
I'm not good at arcade hardware. But I'll do my best.
I hope to get a lot of support from you.
Thanks!
Karnickel
eBay: Kankii

Post by Karnickel »

Hi there

My name is Nico, i'm a 28 years old Sega Naomi collector from Switzerland . I'm lurking this Board for a while now and decided to register now. My collection of Sega Naomi is around 60+ games now. I'm looking to get a full Naomi set, but it's still a long way to go. I usually buy my stuff from ebay or Yahoo autions Japan but i found some interesting things here on the marketplace. Please be gentle :oops:

Thanks
Zephir
Please Continue...

Post by Zephir »

Hi, I'm Rafael.
Looking for some cabinet refurbish info. Nice to meet you guys o/
mariocoelen
Please Continue...

Its me the Mario :-)

Post by mariocoelen »

Hi my name is Mario and i am into this hobby for more than 30 years. I grew up with pacman and donkey kong.

I was here before but i think my account was deleted somehow. Anyway glad to be back :D

Regards Mario
NEC
Please Continue...

Post by NEC »

Hi, new member currently residing in Devon, UK, originally from London.

Looking for advice to buy my first Candy Cab, I've never lived anywhere before where I've had the space spare but moving to new house soon that is spacious so for the first time have the option get a Candy Cab.

History related to arcades. Played various arcades in chips shops and cab ranks in the eighties and nineties, games like R Type, Double Dragon, Street Fighter II etc.. Went every now and then to big arcades like Funland in Soho Trocadero and Dreamland in Margate. Had a Supergun at some point with a MVS, had a wooden Jamma cab at one point. Then around 2000 ish I think, found out about Mame, then 2005 ish built a small PC specifically to play Mame and Emulators, got some nice sticks.
Went to Japan a few times prior 2012, loved the arcades there, loved the Candy Cabs, always wanted one.

History related to home video games. Had a Sinclair spectrum in the mid eighties, hated the thing, thougt it was ****. Then grey imports arrived around 89 and blew my mind to pieces! I was completely obsessed, PC Engine first, then Mega Drive, then Super Famicom and Neo Geo AES. I still play those systems to this day.

:D
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

NEC wrote:Hi, new member currently residing in Devon, UK, originally from London.

Looking for advice to buy my first Candy Cab, I've never lived anywhere before where I've had the space spare but moving to new house soon that is spacious so for the first time have the option get a Candy Cab.

History related to arcades. Played various arcades in chips shops and cab ranks in the eighties and nineties, games like R Type, Double Dragon, Street Fighter II etc.. Went every now and then to big arcades like Funland in Soho Trocadero and Dreamland in Margate. Had a Supergun at some point with a MVS, had a wooden Jamma cab at one point. Then around 2000 ish I think, found out about Mame, then 2005 ish built a small PC specifically to play Mame and Emulators, got some nice sticks.
Went to Japan a few times prior 2012, loved the arcades there, loved the Candy Cabs, always wanted one.

History related to home video games. Had a Sinclair spectrum in the mid eighties, hated the thing, thougt it was ****. Then grey imports arrived around 89 and blew my mind to pieces! I was completely obsessed, PC Engine first, then Mega Drive, then Super Famicom and Neo Geo AES. I still play those systems to this day.

:D

Welcome!

I wasn't very keen on the 8-bit era either. I still have bad memories of tapes not loading and awful graphics!

Videotronics on here has New Astro's for sale still I think;

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... 24#p462924

I have only used a chap called Martin for deliveries, fair price and great service, although bear in mind that you will have to fit around his schedule.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... &start=220
DeadLocky
Please Continue...
eBay: metanodd
Initials: NOD

Post by DeadLocky »

Hello,

My name is Nicolas, i'm french and i have a blast city (with naomi + switch for pc emulators) and a new astro city with mvs.

Salut tout le monde! Hello everyone.
ImageImage
---HeavyBox / Naomi Netboot (RaspiB+) / MVS---
Nebula
eBay: nebula087
Initials: POL

Post by Nebula »

Hi, I'm from Spain, and I'm a big fan of SNK World!

Greets! :-D
Machinery
Please Continue...
Initials: AA

Post by Machinery »

Hi
My name is André , 29 years old. Im from the cold north and the country is Norway. More exactly the town Trondheim in Norway. I have been interested in Arcade and consoles since i was born. Right now i own a lot of console based systems and i recently bought my self a Namco system 246 rev.b and a huge cabinet. I hope to get started on a project thread really soon and i hope i get somme followers on that. Game On ! Andrė 8-)
Deripsni
Please Continue...

Post by Deripsni »

Hey. I'm Deripsni, I play a lot of old arcade games, looking at making my own barcade in the future!
pierdelp
Please Continue...

Post by pierdelp »

Hi everyone,
My name is Pierre, I'm a 31 years old french arcade fan. I just received my first cab this week and I'm looking for some informations on this forum.
Nimerino
Please Continue...

Post by Nimerino »

Hi guys!

New user here from Sweden. Just taking my first steps into the world of arcades, trying to plug a few deep-rooted sentimental holes with 90s fighting games that I can play with my kid once she gets old enough. Have browsed the forums for a bit, which has highlighted just how much of a noob I am. Hoping to learn from some seasoned veterans and get my Super Megalo 2 up to scratch asap.
Grandiloquence
Please Continue...
eBay: Polygonwindow

Post by Grandiloquence »

Hi all, Chris here from Manchester. Wanted to get into arcade stuff for ages but was always put off by the cost of games etc. Finally got myself a supergun and one of those Pandora's Box devices so I can play some arcade classics.
I always wanted an Atomiswave and want to get one at some point as some of the games really interest me.
Fenneys
Please Continue...

Post by Fenneys »

Hi Sean from Manchester...into arcade games since the 70's...made my own mame machine from a golden tee golf, made a visual pinball table from scratch and just purchased a single sitdown sega driver for multi game conversion!
Flyingfistofbudha
eBay: Daniels4249
Initials: Dan

Post by Flyingfistofbudha »

Hello everybody my name is Dan, born 79
We had like theses telly game multi things with like shooting ,
Pong , Random sports games like skiing that came out before The Atari
When I was like 5 I think we had one of those ,
,we (me and my two brothers and sister )never could actually afford , a console from new
But a friend got the sega master system and he would bring it round our house and boy o boy
Did that thing get played !!
I swear my friend played hang on for like 7 hours I thing he may have finished it ,
So that's where it all began for me , we had , spectrum , c64, amstrad , Atari st that thing was awesome!! Amiga blah blah blah
Now I'm 37 , and have just built a Frankenstein monsters of a cab
I got this Mitsubishi monitor( mega view 39") it is a monster came from a technology company near me that was going in the skip for £10 of a freind if I collected , and it weighs mega heavy !! I mean this thing has a killer picture
Has rgb sync , in the form of bnc ,
And man does this thing rock !!
I got a neo 2 slot , put rgb amp in there , rgb mod ,
Jamma conection for sound and sticks only , Namco stick which I re wired to the jamma board , and a streetfighter 4 stick
Pandoras 4s
Cps2. Zero3
Vampire 2
Puzzle fighter X
X men vs
Marvel vs
Neo aes
Ps2 had advance
Saturn
Dreamcast Got a Sony pvm , two ,
But. Now I'm really wanting a candy !
My freind had a Astro e ago ,
I missed a neo candy two years ago in a bidding war which I had to admit defeat on
But my cab keeps me well happy , so that's me and my bros so hello every body hear
O and I used to go to the troqodero in London two !!
namstephan
Please Continue...

Post by namstephan »

Greetings!

Steve here from beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

Recently I was fortunate enough to become an owner of a Sega Blast City cab, and from my weeks of research this forum has provided so much info about this cab. Without this knowledge I wouldn't even know how to dissemble the giant thing in order to fit through the door of my apartment.

Now that the restoration process has started, I am on the hunt for more knowledge, as well as game PCBs. This is definitely the place to be.

Surely you will see a post in the other section regarding the blast city restoration real soon.

oh and my favourite arcade title back in the day was Robocop 2 8-)
rtree1
Please Continue...

Post by rtree1 »

Hi, been an arcade fan all my life. I have a garage full of project machines. One day my basement will be awesome!