Supergun - JAMMA to NAOMI

Everything Supergun related
NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Supergun - JAMMA to NAOMI

Post by NeoRetro »

Hi,

Bought my first supergun this weekend and starting to look for pcb's to collect, after finding it somewhat difficult to add to the AES collection.

I found lots of games but a few that work of the Sega Naomi hardware. I notice this operates in a similar way to the Neo geo MVS where it has a cart slot for new games.

I was wondering, what's needed to get the NAOMI to work on a JAMMA harness, or supergun configured to work with a standard JAMMA harness at least. Is this a lot of work? Or just an adapter? Or even impossible?

Appreciate any advice and apologies if it's a stupid question.

Thanks
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: Supergun - JAMMA to NAOMI

Post by DaveyD »

you need something like the capcom or sega IO. jamma plugs in one side, JVS power, vga and audio for naomi plugs in the other side. This will be fine if you are just using cartridges. If you want to run a GDrom or net dimm with it too then you need to power the naomi separately with JVS power supply or modded ATX power supply
NeoRetro

Post by NeoRetro »

DaveyD wrote:you need something like the capcom or sega IO. jamma plugs in one side, JVS power, vga and audio for naomi plugs in the other side. This will be fine if you are just using cartridges. If you want to run a GDrom or net dimm with it too then you need to power the naomi separately with JVS power supply or modded ATX power supply
Cheers. Are these things fairly easy to get hold of and apply? I'm not a big one for mods.
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

Yes you should be able to get hold of one easy enough. If you are just using a Naomi with original game carts then its a piece of cake to plug together
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

What you're looking for is typically just described as a "JVS I/O board". I've heard that some models might add additional lag - but good brands like Sega, Namco, etc. should be fine.
NeoRetro

Post by NeoRetro »

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Any recommendation for PCBs worth getting started with? What did you begin your collections with?
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

It'll look something like this when set up
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=20528